UK 8 Ball singles league.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:47 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Guy is trying to make an event here and it is turning into a slagging match.

Everyone is going to see someone else as a better player and of course they are going to have to say they will win as what would be the point in joining if you thought you would lose it all.

Personally don't see Jimmy as a great UK player which he knows but he is still very good as is most of the people posting here. Im rubbish at UK and got top 5 on the site once but i won't challenge anyone as i despise the game mode usually
standard
standard
21:50 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
im done here get event going foxy il see u on the table
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:51 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
u lost to me 9-6 dont worry tho its not like im a walkover .

If I remember correctly that was in a friendly....friendlies mean nothing to me especially when I'm drunk. But my performance in the league so far has only been bettered by Seb and Tokko, Beenjammin too but when that gets updated.

So kindly jog on
standard
standard
21:53 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
u lost to me 9-6 dont worry tho its not like im a walkover .

If I remember correctly that was in a friendly....friendlies mean nothing to me especially when I'm drunk. But my performance in the league so far has only been bettered by Seb and Tokko, Beenjammin too but when that gets updated.

So kindly jog on

ok alpha_dog if u say so u were sober and playing well bye now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:57 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
For the record....Everyone knows I was alpha_dog you mong lol so if that's a poke at trying to get me banned then it didn't work. And if it was the game where you were breaking the rules yet again as uk_runout or whatever then yeah, I was hammered.

Bye then

My last post as I've said my peace and cannot get my point across anymore. Think we all know who the better player is...Oh and good luck with your event thingy, I won't be taking part because as I said. I'm too good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:58 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks bluenose lol, yeah i'm just trying to finalize the format and rules just now. Will be posted within the next hour. These are the names i have so far:

cgibson92
faust
standard
blueberry
cke1982
foxy147
standard
derik_dalton
mich
erigert
greenie1983
standard
standard
22:00 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
For the record....Everyone knows I was alpha_dog you mong lol so if that's a poke at trying to get me banned then it didn't work. And if it was the game where you were breaking the rules yet again as uk_runout or whatever then yeah, I was hammered.

Bye then

My last post as I've said my peace and cannot get my point across anymore. Think we all know who the better player is...Oh and good luck with your event thingy, I won't be taking part because as I said. I'm too good

u do remember good lad . and no its not a shot and getting u banned cuse i could give a peice of evidence to get u and graig banned if i wanted but no interest enit it was just a dig unlike some ppl on here . lets get this event running now please thats the last from me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:01 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
minus foxy because he's apparently too good.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:04 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Bye then

u do remember good lad . and no its not a shot and getting u banned cuse i could give a peice of evidence to get u and graig banned if i wanted but no interest enit it was just a dig unlike some ppl on here . lets get this event running now please thats the last from me

Well that's a lie as I don't know anyone called graig?
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
22:08 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its what there lass calls him
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
22:10 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
ive forgot what u call it when u put some letters from 2 words together to make one, anyway other ones gargoyle
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
ive forgot what u call it when u put some letters from 2 words together to make one, anyway other ones gargoyle

Wtf LOL
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
22:12 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
gargoyle craig

graig or cargoyle
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:17 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok after discussing it with a few people here the format, i will happily take any suggestions on changes.

Each season will last roughly 2 weeks, containing divisions of 6 players. Players can play their games at any point during the 2 week period, playing each player in their division twice. There will be 6 frames in each match, 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and half a point for each 7 balling. Frame difference will be taken into account when points are tied.

After each season there will be 1 promotion and 1 relegation from each division. If a player has a valid reason for not being able to play all of their matches (a holiday etc), then the deadline for that season may be extended. Without a valid reason then all their matches will be scratched and if they wish to continue in the league, will be relegated to the bottom division.

I will accept further names up until Sunday night which is when i intend to start the event.

Does anyone have any questions or suggestions?
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
22:20 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok after discussing it with a few people here the format, i will happily take any suggestions on changes.

Each season will last roughly 2 weeks, containing divisions of 6 players. Players can play their games at any point during the 2 week period, playing each player in their division twice. There will be 6 frames in each match, 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and half a point for each 7 balling. Frame difference will be taken into account when points are tied.

After each season there will be 1 promotion and 1 relegation from each division. If a player has a valid reason for not being able to play all of their matches (a holiday etc), then the deadline for that season may be extended. Without a valid reason then all their matches will be scratched and if they wish to continue in the league, will be relegated to the bottom division.

I will accept further names up until Sunday night which is when i intend to start the event.

Does anyone have any questions or suggestions?

well done pal, that sounds a decent format
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:27 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you are going to reward a half point for a seven balling then you should also do the same for a run out. Or you could give full point for a run out as they are tougher to achieve, and then give a half point for a seven balling as they are typically more easier to gain.

You are forgetting that most of the players signed up to this are also in clans and there is three big clan leagues, two of which will be releasing new games on the same day you are due to release them so maybe knock it up to three weeks to play all games or something?

Oh and i suck at 8UK but i may as well try this event so count me in please Gibson
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:30 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
good point bluenose, full point for a run out, half a point for a 7 balling. derek_dalton i know i put your name down but do you want to play in the event haha? ok bluenose i added you in :)
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
22:34 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
good point bluenose, full point for a run out, half a point for a 7 balling. derek_dalton i know i put your name down but do you want to play in the event haha? ok bluenose i added you in :)

ill have a blast pal
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:03 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok these are the names and current rankings of people entering. If you wish to be removed or added just let me know.

cgibson92 (780.5)
faust (761.8)
erigert (790.9)
mich (759.2)
cke1982 (679.8)
standard (783.3)
blueberry (715.3)
greenie1983 (775.3)
bluenose1872 (768.1)
foxy147 (no games played)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:07 Thu 7 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok these are the names and current rankings of people entering. If you wish to be removed or added just let me know.

cgibson92 (780.5)
faust (761.8)
erigert (790.9)
mich (759.2)
cke1982 (679.8)
standard (783.3)
blueberry (715.3)
greenie1983 (775.3)
bluenose1872 (768.1)
foxy147 (no games played)

LOL just put my old ranking of 821.4 before reset
Pages: 12