Why the censor?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:55 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Why not let me swear at my friend ffs? If people are offended by bad language they're

a) morons

or

b) stupid

tbh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:16 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
why would you want to swear at your friends?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:46 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well done dav, you've just proved a classic example of a person that needs to use bad language in everyday conversations. Now read back over your arguement and think about what you wrote. Read it again. Now think ... who's really the moron/stupid person here?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:48 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol well said
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:33 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Well dav seen as only 18yr olds or maybe 16yr olds if your lucky are allowed to swear, means most people on here are not allowed :)
raiden
raiden
16:33 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
The site is for all people, they put the censor up so all ages can enjoy the site.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Fri 24 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:28 Sun 26 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol well said raiden.give him a star lol he he.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:06 Sun 26 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
people who have to swear to express themselves, and cannot be more creative are either

a) morons

or

b) stupid

to be honest
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
14:29 Wed 29 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nah, im wif dav, it just makes u feel better to swear at people and is also just a bit o banter. How can people be offended when they recieve a bit of bad language of someone they dont even know. Also this isnt the 1960s kids aged 7 are sayin all the hardcore words.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:35 Wed 29 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, the skanky ones who have been taught no better. There is still a good majority that are raised not to swear and fair play to them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:48 Wed 29 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i personally, in real life, swear a lot. i feel that anyone who can find one word offensive and another not when they mean the same thing are frankly stupid. but i respect the wishes of the owner of the game, and i respect that kids can feel uncomfortable when there are rude words on the internet (if only because their parents muight see and ban them from the site) i swear in real life, but lets be creative kids.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
15:34 Wed 29 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
This may be the complete opposite from my above pose but cant we incorporate a feature where people get automatically booted for say 10 mins if the swear. This is what other chat rooms have and it seems to do the trick. Btw goo im scottish and all scots are raised 2 swear ;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:27 Wed 29 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
that wouldnt work, as some of the words that are blocked are words i would normally use without been abusive, so people would get booted for what they would pressume to be no reason. Its personal opinon as to what swearing is in some cases aswell.

~JD~
raiden
raiden
18:11 Wed 29 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with traingl, I swear loads in real life but online its just pointless.
martin2005
martin2005
06:11 Thu 30 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
nick
nick
Admin
07:17 Thu 30 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmmm, I think someone didn't get the general gist of this thread. Point proven maybe?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:31 Thu 30 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yh raiden and triangl are right, fair enough if ya swear in real life but you shouldnt swear on a game just to make urself look hard...is stupid
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:22 Thu 30 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
**** yeah. !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Thu 30 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol goo
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Why the censor?