Wimbledon 2013 Final (Murray V Djokovic)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:11 Sat 6 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So, we have a new Women's Singles Wimbledon Champion: Marion Bartoli. Congratulations, Marion.

Now, this Sunday, our eyes will be on Andy Murray who has made his second consecutive Wimbledon Final. Will the 77-year wait for a British Wimbledon champion end or will Novak Djokovic of Serbia make it a super 7 Grand Slam titles? You decide! (I'm rooting for Murray! )
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
00:09 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
think Djokovic will win he looks in good form
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:34 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I always root for the GBR players so i want Murray to win. If he loses i know for a fact he wont be classed as British though but will be classed as Scottish as it always happens especially in tennis and has always wound me up.

Djokovic struggled in his semi game though with a lesser player. Will have his work cut out with Murray as he has changed so much on the court with movement and other things like that. Will we see another power match?
cke1982
cke1982
03:17 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
come on djokovic
cke1982
cke1982
03:18 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
hows del potro a lesser player janowicz isn't as good as del potro and murray struggled with him and verdaso should of put him out djokovic 3-1
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:23 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Andy
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:33 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That polish player is good though, the seeding in tennis means nothing like seeding in most things means nothing. End of the day comes down to who plays better. All this should have put someone out is stupid also as it is sport and things happen and the game changes. If he should have put him out he would have

Fact remains though Djokovic has been struggling, Murray has to in bits but with home support that does not matter to much to him. Murray has the support and now the confidence to win as that polish guy is by far a power house, Djokovic serve not as strong through out long paced games and should be easier for Murray to return and vice versa although Murray has got some amount of power to, Murray's movement out classes Djokovic.

Alan knows who to support. For team GBR i want Murray to win but i will be following as a fellow Scottish supporter more as he deserves something from this, in recent years he has let nerves get the better of him and plays badly at the worst times. This year has played great when he needs the win!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:56 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm sticking with England on this call.....Come on Novak!!
ang3l
ang3l
16:15 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Andy..
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
18:37 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Watching in 3D But my eyes hurt a bit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:48 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Djokovic!!

Edited at 15:57 Sun 07/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:03 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So, there we have it. The 77-year wait for a British Gentlemen's Singles champion grinds to a halt as Andy Murray wins three straight sets.

Oh, and do try to keep your cool, Novak.

Sorry to hear about your eyes, angry_bacon. Hope they're okay.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:48 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Congrats to Murray, but Im afraid the Scottish if he loses thing is all his own doing with the comments made about the English football team a few years back made him Scottish permanently in many peoples eyes

*edited due to poor spelling lol
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:48 Mon 8 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Good on you son!

Told you he would win.

All his own doing, everything he said was true and many sports people have said it. That thing i have said about when he loses has been going on way before that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:30 Mon 8 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I've always said he is British all the time, he even says himself the puppet w gets from a majority English crowd at Wimbledon urges him on, the guy in my opinion is the best player in ye world and the ten pound I had for him to win in straight sets at 22/1 was a stroke of genius by me. Well done Andy thoroughly deserved now lets go retain at flushing meadows.

On a side note is Ivan Lendl not the coolest man on this earth? The mans f ill expression win or lose never changes fantastic coach and has worked wonders with Murray. I have never seen a guy get so many balls back when he shouldn't even have a chance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:36 Mon 29 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Congrats to Murray, but Im afraid the Scottish if he loses thing is all his own doing with the comments made about the English football team a few years back made him Scottish permanently in many peoples eyes

*edited due to poor spelling lol

And if it is reported in 'The Sun' it must be true....

The poor lad always had bad press because he looks like a mardy bottom - that's not his fault.

The England joke was between him and Henman (his very good friend) and wasn't taken as such by most level headed people. However then everyone got behind the tabloid reporting his 'hatred' of the English. Rather a sad case really!

Anyhow, well done Murray! I thought his Olympic performance was amazing, followed up quickly by a great Wimbledon!!!!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:12 Wed 31 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Let's just hope he can build on this fantastic achievement and not just be a 'one hit pony'. I can see Djokovic starting an unbeaten run again, come on Murray I think you should do the same.

There's only 1 thing I do not like about Andy and it's the 'ouch my back routine he does everytime he's losing, miraculously doesn't bother him when he's winning, eradicate that and will be an even more respected player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:10 Wed 31 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Andy's next target is being World Number 1.

And yeah lol he's always scrunching up his face like "Ow, my back hurts again".
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Wed 31 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
you mean the same way novak a few years back kept pulling out of matches when he was losing ? djokovic has done a lot worse he calls for trainers all the time when he is losing .... murray I think does it for a ten minute breather to get his head together and ok its completely wrong but when your out there on that court how do we know what Is going on in anyone elses body or mind ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:55 Wed 31 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Djokovic did but not any longer, Murray's closer to home and gets a little monotonous seeing him do it, I'm sure it's all a ploy, last thing I want is for him to be genuinely injured. Anyway's this thread were about the Wimbledon Final and to celebrate his wonderful success, not to empathise with him.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Wimbledon 2013 Final (Murray V Djokovic)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.