Monster tournaments

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11213
hi_im_gary
hi_im_gary
23:21 Sun 1 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Even in the first round of this tournament, when it would be at it's peak, there were more people on snooker than on pool!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:01 Mon 2 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
lethal_lures won it!!

How many people entered?

Well done m8
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
01:02 Mon 2 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Congratulations lethal_lures for winning tonights game! He has been added to the list of Funkypool Champions!
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19513/funkypool-champions#1610893
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Thu 2 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
OK maybe not the Biggest Billiards Tournament Ever but the US8 Ball version of these events takes place this coming Sunday night.

Please consider taking part and stopping lethal_lures from winning it!!
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
00:08 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
How much more interest have these given, I mean in terms of % increase in numbers say versus the most popular tournaments played x times per day? Is this proving anything?!

I've read back and it seems to have been successful on here and snooker!

Is there a main goal/target for these games or just a growing interest each time they are played?

Great addition to funky

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
They have been getting more entrants than the regular tournaments they replace which has been great - but unless they are given a unique selling point I don't think they will succeed long term unfortunately. There are a few ideas floating about though.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
01:02 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www.facebook.com/funkypool

be sure to share the latest post to get the word around guys
punkpoet
punkpoet
02:05 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think for it to succeed you need to promote it more.
kirk
kirk
03:23 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never be as big as the old 10pm UK mara tourny, that was a big selling point for this site years ago.

Fair play for attempting something though.
franer_
franer_
03:27 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dont be talking about tournaments you could never win pal..

it's not your fault ur rubbish
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:21 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well up to now its done well , over 40 entrys in all of them. First one was the best
It does need to be promoted more , i was suppost to be doing the promoting with flapjack and spinner but tend to forget about it.
When i started this i thought there might have been as much interest as there was in the old tournys with it only being once a month which didnt seem to work.
I missed the last one simply because there was no one reminding me about it.
There needs to be like constant reminders of it , like they do about the android app
im forever seing that advertised , well that means its possible to put the tournament reminder in there. At least once an hour this needs to happen throughout funky and not just in chat room.
No one can expect flapjack to keep promoting it , no me for that matter! ...Like kirk said , the 10pm UK mara used to be a massive hit off, that didnt need any promoting . Times have changed i know.
The constant reminder while in game window would make it a big thing, at the moment its becoming something that 'if people can be bothered' they will which isnt how we want it to come accross.
We need competition in this also , pete (lethal_lures) cant win this all the time , can it not be intergrated in with your stats? Something needs to make people WANT to do this instead of it just being something that they happen to play in because there online. We need people to actually come online specifically for this tournament!

My View on this ,

cheers x
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:24 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think too many people expected this to be a massive hit off without Funky changing in any way.

Funky needs to change , it needs to be put in the stats section next to tournament wins or even a medal to be given like the weekly events!

Come on, you can not expect this site to get any better without changing naff all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:31 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The regular Chat Room announcement would be good although I am not sure exactly who has the rights to embed them other than nick.

My idea, and feel free to shoot it down, would be to make each of these events an official funkypool.com World Championship.

So, for example, this Sunday night would have seen the first event called

The funkypool.com World 8 Ball Championship.

The format would be different and longer to existing Marathon tournaments. In the long term these World Championship events would be recorded on player profiles, subject to nick having time to implement that. Until then, and in the short term, these events and their winners would be recorded in the relevant Forum thread.

In addition to these recorded achievements the winner would have the kudos of being called the World 8 Ball (or 9 Ball or UK 8) Champion until the next World Championship event comes round and takes place. In other words the winner would be World Champion in that game type for approximately three months at least. Other targets could then be to become a World Champion in all of the game types or try to be World Champion in all of the game types at the same time.

In the overall scheme of things I accept this is nothing spectacular but it would be easy to implement. Being called a current (or former) World Champion would be a bit of fun, something to aim for, something different and something to stimulate comment and friendly banter.
erigert
erigert
12:38 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
good idea, just dont let this be an idea only :)
kirk
kirk
20:06 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Actually a good idea, I have thought thats been needed on here and snooker for years.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:34 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
+1 from me chris
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:59 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bumped - 48 hours to go!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:07 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Being called a current (or former) World Champion would be a bit of fun, something to aim for, something different and something to stimulate comment and friendly banter.

Would it become just another tournament win or would you have 8ball world champion/former 8ball world champion?
the__priest
the__priest
01:10 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
would it be better to have a full world championship annually
with qualifying rounds

i love this idea chris
applause
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:18 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would it become just another tournament win or would you have 8ball world champion/former 8ball world champion?

Obviously we are dependent on the programming guru himself to implement anything like that. I would like there to be something on your profile like a 'Current Status - World 9 Ball Champion' or 'Current Status - World UK 8 Ball Champion and Former World 9 Ball Champion' but that may be quite difficult. Certainly a separate record on your profile of 'World Championship Wins' would be good if it could be done and maintained.

If all else fails, and at least in the short term, then the Staff to produce and maintain a high quality Forum Records page for these events.

would it be better to have a full world championship annually
with qualifying rounds

I think, at least to start with, less is more. Keep it as straight forward and simple as possible.
Pages: 11213
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Monster tournaments

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.