Monster tournaments

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:56 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I presume you will add together US8 & US8 Marathon for the vote purpose as it the same format of game?

Depending on how many votes they get then yes , if one is largly out numbered by the other then we will just stick with the most votes

But that is my point as it stands there are 2 each for US8 and US8 marathon, which is 4 in total. As the multi is a single choice it has more chance if the US8, US9 and UK8 votes get split and counted separately, thus why they should be added together in my opinion.

Well in that case , IF say we was to add votes togeather and the lets say 8US Group win the vote , Would you then have another vote to say is it standard 8us you play or 8us marathon?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:56 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Vote now: Put your name down in the category you'd prefer the Tournament to be in

8ARC:

9ARC:

8US:
punkpoet

8US MARA:
jose_enrique
angry_bacon

9US:

9US MARA:
lethal_lures
franer_
thegame26

8UK:
chezz0021
_psmon_
ub3rnator

8UK MARA:
poolbiird
turtle1560
pool_black
one_for_all

STRAIGHT:

RANDOM MULTI DIS:
serious_game
rossunited
krazyash_07
cke1982
kingdadcool

Edited at 01:09 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)

Edited at 01:12 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)

Edited at 01:58 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)
horse10000
horse10000
04:00 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I presume you will add together US8 & US8 Marathon for the vote purpose as it the same format of game?

Depending on how many votes they get then yes , if one is largly out numbered by the other then we will just stick with the most votes

But that is my point as it stands there are 2 each for US8 and US8 marathon, which is 4 in total. As the multi is a single choice it has more chance if the US8, US9 and UK8 votes get split and counted separately, thus why they should be added together in my opinion.

Well in that case , IF say we was to add votes togeather and the lets say 8US Group win the vote , Would you then have another vote to say is it standard 8us you play or 8us marathon?

I actually don't understand why you have split it, i would have had US8 as the choice or US8 marathon as the choice.

To make it a marathon when you are hoping to get over 100 people playing, would make it last for hours, so like snooker i would start with a normal tournament as opposes to a marathon anyway.

And to answer your point, i would not have a separate vote, as the organiser you should make the decision and stick with it, might be better making the decision now though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:02 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
8UK

I wouldn't choose marathon, as the amount of people that would join, I.E. 128 as snooker, would take a long time to finish, people want to play for fun (and some competitiveness), not a chore, as they 'need' to stay up to finish it.

just saying ;)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
horse10000

Well for it to be a once in a lifetime tournament, that would be pretty good for it to last a few hours.

Really and truelly i do agree with you , i think even if it is a normal tournament i.e 2 rounds up untill final ,the people that have preffered the marathon would play it anyway because its still the same game type it just has less games to it ....

I will wait and see how many people are actually interested in it, then decide once all the votes are in wether its best to have normal tournament or marathon (if thats the winning vote) . I know this isnt very professional but personally i think for it to be 'different' so to speak , marathon would be fun
_psmon_
_psmon_
04:10 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Vote now: Put your name down in the category you'd prefer the Tournament to be in

8ARC:

9ARC:

8US:
punkpoet
_psmon_

8US MARA:
jose_enrique
angry_bacon

9US:

9US MARA:
lethal_lures
franer_
thegame26

8UK:
chezz0021

8UK MARA:
poolbiird
turtle1560
pool_black
one_for_all

STRAIGHT:

RANDOM MULTI DIS:
serious_game
rossunited
krazyash_07
cke1982
kingdadcool

Edited at 01:09 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)

psst i voted uk8 not us :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:13 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry pal
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:47 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
8 UK please :D
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
04:59 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would be interesting to see the tournament being the 21:00 8UK tournament on a Sunday and see how the numbers compare.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:08 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would be interesting to see the tournament being the 21:00 8UK tournament on a Sunday and see how the numbers compare.

That mean your vote is for 8uk?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:09 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

8ARC:

9ARC:

8US:
punkpoet

8US MARA:
jose_enrique
angry_bacon
blue

9US:
dbno

9US MARA:
lethal_lures
franer_
thegame26
nose

8UK:
chezz0021
_psmon_
ub3rnator

8UK MARA:
poolbiird
turtle1560
pool_black
one_for_all

STRAIGHT:

RANDOM MULTI DIS:
serious_game
rossunited
krazyash_07
cke1982
kingdadcool

Edited at 02:46 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)

Edited at 03:19 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:37 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
9 ball.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
05:58 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Any marathon, pool is shorter than snooker so i wouldnt mind actually trying to turn up for something like this Although straight would be tough to fill, multi gives a chance for everyone but with 9US in there and only a single frame it would be annoying to be fluked out or something, marathons you always get the chance to pick your game up and dust it off.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:02 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Any marathon, pool is shorter than snooker so i wouldnt mind actually trying to turn up for something like this Although straight would be tough to fill, multi gives a chance for everyone but with 9US in there and only a single frame it would be annoying to be fluked out or something, marathons you always get the chance to pick your game up and dust it off.

That is one of the reasons why i dont want to scrap the marathons and keep normal tournys

What my putting you in pal?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
06:07 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Like i said any marathon event So all three get my vote
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:20 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Like i said any marathon event So all three get my vote

Theres always one that wants a bit of all the cake

Look up , as you can see ive put you in all 3 , Greedy boy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:04 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
8UK mara for me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:50 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
random please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:58 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
killer please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:18 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Any marathon type, as I don't fancy being fluked out.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Monster tournaments

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.