Ranked Straight Leagues

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11011
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:33 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Okay no worries: Highest run were 12/13 by me - nowt special.

Cool mate still a point for the highest in the match on offer and you never know what will happen in the other games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:36 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
???
Had an idea to make losing scores of 25 or over a 2-1 loss instead of 2-0 what are everyone's thoughts on that?

Edited at 06:41 Tue 21/01/14 (GMT)

I don't understand why you would get points for losing badly? just means the other player played better that's all
Besides too easily manipulated, if someone gets a run of 30, just to get a point you would mess up on purpose. sorry but don't agree

Edited at 09:41 Wed 22/01/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:33 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
???
Had an idea to make losing scores of 25 or over a 2-1 loss instead of 2-0 what are everyone's thoughts on that?

Edited at 06:41 Tue 21/01/14 (GMT)

I don't understand why you would get points for losing badly? just means the other player played better that's all
Besides too easily manipulated, if someone gets a run of 30, just to get a point you would mess up on purpose. sorry but don't agree

Edited at 09:41 Wed 22/01/14 (GMT)

I dont understand the messing up on purpose bit? If you are on 25 then you will go to try and win the frame.
Just thought a 2-1 was fairer for a close frame than 2-0 but will leave it open for discussion until the end of the first set and get some more views.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:39 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
depending on split of balls, balls on cushions, balls tied up, if you know there isn't a realistic chance of catching up, then if this is kept in you will take a point for nothing wouldn't you. Up to everyone else like you say
the_only_ego
the_only_ego
17:27 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
personally dont like it, if you hit 35 you win, if you dont you lose - run it like the prem. u either get points or dont.
tinie
tinie
17:49 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
personally dont like it, if you hit 35 you win, if you dont you lose - run it like the prem. u either get points or dont.

I agree, i'm not really too sure about it either don't think you should be rewarded for losing even if you get 34 points.

Example. You don't see a football team getting a point for hitting the post despite losing 2-0 haha.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:01 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well if people aren't happy with it then I reckon it's best to change it back to the original.
I can see the points made and also another one that hasn't is if you've just played a pretty decent safety and they've banged in an amazing pot and got a big run then you've performed better than someone who has had chances and been at the table a few times.

Plus I like teasing Zac with points and taking them away mwa ha ha!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:22 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well if people aren't happy with it then I reckon it's best to change it back to the original.
I can see the points made and also another one that hasn't is if you've just played a pretty decent safety and they've banged in an amazing pot and got a big run then you've performed better than someone who has had chances and been at the table a few times.

Plus I like teasing Zac with points and taking them away mwa ha ha!

Only POINT people need understand mate is it's run by yourself, they don't like the rules you choose then simply leave the competition. You ain't set it up just to please few, it's a new competition which may involve new rules, adapt to them and embrace change.

Change is good mate, gives a 'break from the norm'.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:27 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If people raise points that I haven't seen and they are right it would be stupid to ignore them mate.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If people raise points that I haven't seen and they are right it would be stupid to ignore them mate.

T-rue but some want their cake and eat it and are too critical if don't get their own way.

Carr on doing what you are mate, all's good.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:56 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
well why should people get points for losing krazash?
tinie
tinie
20:05 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
He asked for an opinion from the players in this league and a few have voiced there's. We are not trying to force him to change the rules or bend them just to suit ourselves.

Remember there would be no league without the players, so best to keep the majority happy.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:23 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tis very true, I want this to be a success so keeping the majority happy is the main concern.
I've put all the bonuses that have been well thought out in from the start and would have argued the case over any of those but this one was an after thought that's why I put it up for discussion and happy for it to be taken out after hearing the points.
the_only_ego
the_only_ego
20:56 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
only other thing to do is change the rewarded points in the runs, each 10 u hit counts as half a point, so a run of 30 gives u 1.5 points, instead of the 2% bonus if ur the highest all week??

maybe then it forces people to play the proper straight game and not the tip tap
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:12 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The other bonuses have been well thought out to balance winning frames with runs and also so they have effect in all the leagues.
A 30 run is massive in the 4th division whereas in the premier division it is nothing except a good start so balancing the scoring for all levels.
You have to consider even though 90% of highest fixture set runs will only lead to a 2 point bonus that will also have been a run over 30 (1pt) and the highest in the game (1pt) so 4pts off that 1 big run.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:05 Thu 23 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Leave it a couple of days and drop him a message see if he will finish it off krazyash_07?
Need the highest run too mate

Me and dvae have spoken and will complete the 4th frame asap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:00 Thu 23 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Leave it a couple of days and drop him a message see if he will finish it off krazyash_07?
Need the highest run too mate

Me and dvae have spoken and will complete the 4th frame asap.

Nice one, cheers mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:24 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
tappy 1-3 slimeball
highest run slimey 21

Had the worst luck double potted twice on 17 splitting the pack, landed on top of another ball going up and down the table on 34 points in the last frame and in the 2nd frame he missed 3 times with the balls spread lovely and left me no shot everytime!
He's a top bloke though so don't begrudge him the win at all, played some very nice stuff especially in the first frame and sure the luck will even out through the tourney...I hope lol
ggs wp mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fixture Set 1 Ranked Straight Leagues
deadline Sunday 2/2/2014 @ midnight

Premier Division.......................................Fixture 1 Highest Run
beenjammin v ritcho.........................................1) tinie (80)
tinie ( 12 ) v ( 3 ) turtle1560..............................2) turtle1560 (35)
scott7a v erigert
diamond_v2 v dvz
mattywellie (bye)

1st Division
kingdadcool ( 11 ) v ( 0 ) punkpoet.................1) cgibson92 (43)
cgibson92 ( 7 ) v ( 6 ) the_only_ego...............2) the_only_ego (40)
ooo_u_tap_2 ( 2 ) v ( 9 ) slimeball
_pro__frog_ v w_hoolahan
franer_ (bye)

2nd Division
crazzymadman v mad_matt
marksmith v zantetsukenz
serious_game v whiskyinjaro
dvae v krazyash_07
sharky89 (bye)

3rd Division
lfc12 ( 10 ) v ( 2 ) chezz.........................................1) lfc12 (30)
cke1982 v skater_paul........................................ 2) jasonb (23)
bigcj2 ( 11 ) v ( 0 ) kue
jasonb ( 11 ) v ( 0 ) jimmyd20
chapster_7 (bye)

4 frames of ranked straight
20 seconds shot clock
rooms private unless spectators are agreed upon by both parties
post results on this thread you have to include 30+ runs and both player's highest run of the match so keep track!

Message your opponents and have fun!
slimeball
slimeball
17:32 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cheers Tappy, you did have the worst luck & the scoreline does flatter in honesty. I played ok in the first 2, but the last 2 were a struggle. Good fun this though, particularly with the ranked games, gives it a little extra edge
Pages: 11011
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Ranked Straight Leagues

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.