Leaving Tournament Matches

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

_marc_
_marc_
03:22 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll play nice this time :)

Hypothetically speaking of course....let's say you're in a tournament and your opponents leaves but there are still frames to play...

Example: if it's a marathon final and a race to 5 and you go up 2-0 and your opponent leaves to save their ranking points, shouldn't the player that they are facing be rewarded the points for the remaining frames? And also the person who left, lose the points for the remaining frames?
dvz
dvz
03:47 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
great if connection is lost :)
_marc_
_marc_
04:24 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree there but i lose connection a good bit too and would still rather lose those points than have people purposely leave to keep their rank.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:06 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
true always connection talk but if it is really bad then don't enter tournaments. i prefer friendly as theres no rank gained or lost
chezz
chezz
19:24 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i have connection problems, so its a but unfair if you take more rank points when its not their fault really, but i see where you are coming from
poolbiird
poolbiird
17:54 Sun 25 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You might not have won the remaining games
_marc_
_marc_
00:03 Mon 26 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
you missed the point

For example: Sam (he has the biggest ego, have to use his name, not trying to offend anyone) has a rank of 700....the person he is playing in the final has a rank of 830, Sam goes up 2-0 winning around 6 points each game, therefore the opponent feels like he is about to lose a lot of ranking points so he leaves the match to save the points that he has left, instead of risking losing the remaining 5.

You're right, Sam may not win 5-0 but his opponent would rather take one extra loss instead of 5, therefore cheating Sam out of points, and as ridiculous as it is to find a game nowadays it would be nice if people would actually play the matches.......

I realize this isn't going to happen because of the connection issues, the sportsmanship of some people is just horrible though and if they've found a way to cheat the system then so be it I guess.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:31 Mon 26 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
<3 you Marc.

I have been victim of this before and it is very, very annoying. I might have even made a thread about it in the past. Who knows, i make threads about everything.
franer_
franer_
00:36 Mon 26 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
He smelt someone was using his name and he appears lol

_marc_
_marc_
00:47 Mon 26 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
And you felt his presence so you appeared
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:57 Mon 26 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
He smelt someone was using his name and he appears lol

My Ego-sense was tingling
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:33 Tue 27 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the opponent should lose all remaining matches, as some people enter a couple of tourneys, if they are losing one, they join the other. I think they should be punished for that, obviously it's not great if you lose conection, but that's not your opponents fault..

And yes, I understand that you may not have won the remaining frames, but you didn't get a chance to because the opponent left!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:02 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Simple scrap all the ranking system,,,solves it all, you dont know who your playing half the time on here anyway with all the resetters and fake newbies

then the following thread will follow

"Bring back ranking system"

with all the ppl that been complaining on this thread posting there

Edited at 15:06 Thu 29/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:34 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha jack,

seriously though, drop newbs from tourneys.

you didnt see as much resetting back in those days (ive been on here just over a year xP)
kirk
kirk
17:49 Tue 3 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Says more about the state of the whole ranking system if anything. In relation to this no its fine as it is.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Leaving Tournament Matches

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.