Snooker Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:43 Mon 2 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Seen as every other sports has a thread, thought I might as add one for Snooker.

What do people think about Ronnie now being a pundit/player?

As much as I love watching him player, his voice really grates on me, its not smooth like listening to Hendry or inspirational like Virgo

German Masters starts on Wednesday, Ronnie is the obvious favourite, but I think a cheeky E/W bet on Shaun Murphy could be a good shout, especially at 20-1!!

Other players to watch out for;

Mark Selby will be looking for a dominant display after such a poor performance at the masters.
Judd Trump needs to start playing well otherwise he will end up like a 12/13 rank player, just content with the odd semi final appearance and taking the prize moneys.
Ding Junhui, last years star player, he could be in with a good shout if he gets his focus back after that disastrous performance.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
00:39 Sun 8 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
German Masters Final (Snooker)

Mark Selby VS Shaun Murphy

First To 9

I think Selby will win it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:34 Sun 8 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
First bet won, so either way, I'm in profit now!

Hope some of you lot places the E/W on Murphy too. I popped £10 e/w, got £76.67 back so far, if Murphy wins, that's another £200!
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
03:05 Tue 10 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i said 9-6 selby it was 9-7
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:58 Tue 10 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i said 9-6 selby it was 9-7

Least I made some nice wonga on that bet, could have cashed out on the 'winner' bet I had placed for about £80 when he was leading 5-2, but I did not think that Selby would win 4 in a row (Unlike Ronnie )
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:57 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Welsh Open, peoples thoughts?

Who will win, who will surprise?
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
12:43 Tue 24 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Certainly didn't see young ben woollaston reaching the final but fair play to him

Veteran John Higgins deserved the win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Tue 24 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed, was gutted that Luca Brecel didn't make it to the final, he is a really clever kid, safety play is great, just needs more focus on the big pots.

But anyone playing Higgins in that form would have probably lost
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
15:19 Tue 24 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah i agree ,, although he's dipped in form lately he is still a very good break builder
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:21 Tue 24 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
John Higgins is the most tactically astute player in the game, his game has never been about having the highest breaks, but more keeping your opponent under lots of pressure until you force them into a mistake.

Least it eases his worries about staying in the top 16 for the worlds! haha.

But it makes betting an absolute pain in the backside
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
18:48 Tue 24 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
waste of time betting on snooker, in my personal opinion snooker is 80% luck 20% skill . you can have off days and then there are times you cant miss
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:49 Tue 24 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That above is the most ridiculous comment I have ever read. Snooker is 90%skill 10%luck, Ronnie has an off day and still wins, Henry used to do the same, skillfull, talented and amazing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:39 Wed 25 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
hustler, do you think it is luck when the players play a safety shot and white ends up tight against the baulk cushion? It's not, they have spent years practising the weight of that shot, the angle to flick of the colour etc.

Do you think it was luck when Neil Robertson made over 100 centuries in a season? Again no, these guys made their first cents before they were teens!

It can't be that much luck involved when the commentators can predict the shot and even draw the line on the table.

Obviously there is some element of luck, but the players don't usually expect that, and more often than not, a flick or a kick leaves the white out of position rather than granting them some unexpected fortune.

I would guess it would boil down to your skill level, if you are not a good player, then luck comes into it more, but as you get better, the less luck you will see.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
12:41 Wed 25 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol maybe not 80% but not under 50%.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Wed 25 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol maybe not 80% but not under 50%.

Have you ever played snooker? lol
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
15:38 Wed 25 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
All the time, it's all about the run of the ball.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
08:04 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Back to the snooker

World Grand Prix 2015

Friday's quarter-final draw:

13:00 GMT: Mark Davis v Stuart Bingham

Not before 14:00 GMT: Martin Gould v Peter Ebdon

Not before 19:00 GMT: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Graeme Dott

Not before 20:00 GMT: Judd Trump v Mark Williams

names in bold i think will win
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
08:05 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bingham VS Ronnie in Final... Ronnie prevailing ????????
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
10:24 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have a feeling will be Mark Williams vs Stuart Bingham final, Ronnie won 4-0 but still felt it necessary to complain about the referee getting in his way or as he put it 'treading on my toes'.

Dott is a very good underestimated player who I think can and will beat Ronnie. Williams being at home in Wales (Llandudno) will be the favourite to win overall.

So I have to go with that. Williams all the Way.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
11:12 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
True Dott is underestimated, To win the world title is no mean feat... but i think Ronnie i just too good
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Snooker Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.