Pages: 1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:13 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
premium is less than 3 pence a day

who cant afford that ?????????
its why I get wound up when people knock the site

3 pence a day

those on benefits maybe? people in Africa who are starving for food and water?

the site core will always be "FREE" so until nick forces us to pay i won't be doing so.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:14 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Congrats dozer

Thanks
the__priest
the__priest
12:15 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

3 pence a day

the site core will always be "FREE" so until nick forces us to pay i won't be doing so.

comment id expect from you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

3 pence a day

Black Babies thing is not needed and in reality Africa needs no help it is the governments of sad society that claim money !!!
hahahaha
hahahaha
12:22 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

3 pence a day

It wouldn't be so easy If you were out of work would it? Your misses who's created the thread is on about not renewing it because she doesn't play much, will you be having words to make sure she buys it again? Considering you are making out like everyone else should pay for it

I've never complained about the site between as this site is the least of my worries
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:29 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
You Guys carry on the thing you are saying.

I only said about how adverts worked that is all.
hahahaha
hahahaha
12:35 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry what's an advert again, can't say I've ever noticed any to be honest!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:53 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

3 pence a day

People on low income. People on benefits. Single parents.

I'm obviously not saying that all the above can't afford it, but there are some people that literally have no spare cash and would rather spend their money on something more practical.

Then there are those such as myself that could pay and choose not to! My personal reason is that any cash revenue simply goes into Nicks pocket and does not support the site. The server has obviously been downgraded due to low numbers and it shows. Gone from 12000 odd active members to 7000 active members just in the last year....Nick has stated he will no longer be adding to the site, just maintaining.

In my opinion i would be paying £9.99 for:

Laggy server - Type in chat - Appears seconds later
A lack of regular game rooms
Tournament system that doesn't work on it's own or in conjunction with regular game rooms
A majority of less than enthusiastic staff. I noticed one admin didn't even post on the member forum in 2014
A forum that (For the most part) is void in relation to member feedback regarding improvements being acted on or even acknowledged

Craig - As for getting wound up, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Learn to take other opinions on board. We are all different.
the__priest
the__priest
14:10 Thu 26 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I take opinions very well
3 pence a day
is what Im saying

and people can afford a computer, internet etc etc
I am also entitled to an opinion
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:31 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol Im pretty sure it's not about the amount, it's about the principle.....
the__priest
the__priest
01:07 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

I don't expect to get any thing in life for nothing
maybe that's the difference

principles don't put food on the table or help you get the nice things in life

morals do
bonfireheart
bonfireheart
01:57 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
You Guys carry on the thing you are saying.

I only said about how adverts worked that is all.

adverts lol family site why all the pop £10 in here il give you £30 to play with is this a family site realy promoting gambling like thay do realy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:14 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

I don't expect to get any thing in life for nothing
maybe that's the difference

principles don't put food on the table or help you get the nice things in life

morals do

Eh?

Principles mean the same thing as morals...

Neither put food on the table...

That's money
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:18 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree with the original post, bannings go across both sites and so should premium membership.
it may well encourage more people to buy premium
the__priest
the__priest
11:14 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
principle
If you agree with or believe something in principle, you agree with the idea in general, although you might not support it in reality or in every situation:

morals
relating to the standards of good or bad behaviour, fairness, honesty, etc. that each person believes in, rather than to laws:

this is what I meant Lee
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:57 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
mine is definitely a principle because i don't believe in paying for things which are free (exception is Call of Duty DLC several years ago) but if Pokemon or any of the Playstation Final Fantasies came to Xbox i wouldn't hesitate to buy them (only thing in my defence is that it is not free to begin with).

but only thing for me is that paying for premium is for the cues, people say no ads get rid of lag but heard several complaints that this isn't the case.

the owner doesn't do regular updates anymore, fewer game rooms, sure more tournaments is good for competitiveness but need to find a balance. Admins also need to post more in my opinion as lots of ideas are thrown out but they don't acknowledge them.

i agree with linking premium but nick loses money but the idea i posted before with one, three, six and twelve months of premium could be used for those who don't want to pay a great deal or to use as a trial basis.

premium needs to offer more even if its a recorder or anything like that, cues to me aren't worth £10 but each user is different
foxhound
foxhound
14:48 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This has gone way off the topic that Sarah originally posted about...

I wouldn't ever pay for this site as it's only a thing I play on break/lunch at work to pass the time. I'm sure that if we had to pay, like many, I'd simply go and play something else to pass the time.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:55 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
principle
If you agree with or believe something in principle, you agree with the idea in general, although you might not support it in reality or in every situation:

morals
relating to the standards of good or bad behaviour, fairness, honesty, etc. that each person believes in, rather than to laws:

this is what I meant Lee

That is one definition of the word, but that is not the meaning that the OP had.

adherence to such a moral code; morality: it's not the money but the principle of the thing; torn between principle and expediency.

Principles and morals are the same.

Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you have to pay or are expected to, people don't want to pay for things they get for free. If adverts are no issue, the only benefit of Premium is a set of cues which not everyone is enticed with. Or there may be kids to whom £10 is a lot of money. For some people, the principle of paying money towards something they don't need which is unlikely to have improvements in the foreseeable future doesn't make sense. 3p a day could go elsewhere if it isn't good value for money to someone.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
19:35 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I used to buy premium when the site was going strong, I would buy it, get banned, and three months later buy it again. But I haven't had it for a couple of years as I don't see the point nowadays.
Site needs significant improvements before they can consider charging us.

They should be paying us for staying loyal to a dying site.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:33 Fri 27 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
How about prize money for the big monthly tourneys? Only has to be little, could even offer premium membership (or a golden cue). That would keep members here and would give good numbers for those tourneys, who knows.

I'm sure with the amount of premium members there's enough for a fiver or tenner a month or even 12 months premium would do. Heck, give the winner a pot of extra ranking points based on what they've won already (e.g. The average of points won from frames in the tourny X the number of rounds). If the big tourneys get big numbers and big rewards, people might just stick around and practice more throughout the month.

Though I've gone off topic here... Apologies!
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premium Membership

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.