FCL Discussion old

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:59 Tue 15 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
^ no idea what that means and i'm not a politician.

not keen on subs idea, maybe one next season...

"You can sub when you like but can't sub out a player that has been off 5+ days except the final week" that should sort activity and allow flow of games to be normal

score prefer old FCL too as several teams has been within 5 points but don't get rewarded for efforts but lets see how football scoring works, your objective that clans that wins most fixtures wins the league, football system would sort it
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
00:59 Tue 15 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Could introduce bonus points for teams who get within 5 points lol.

I'm only joking, that 59 will only spur us on for the next meeting.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:55 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Are there some type of play offs or is the season over after fixture set 3?
kris
kris
13:38 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It is to encourage people to have active players in from the start instead of what happened often last season, players inactive from the start kept in till the fixtures end. At least this way there is some pressure to provide a good opponent from the start. Also, swapping is still fine from the start (if I have read the rules right), so you'll still be able to change opponents if things are inconvenient.

changing opponents, aka swapping is 90% useless,as it might get one game done, but cos of 2 week deadline, u end up still with one inactive game. so its easier to leave it and sub out , when the time comes. Swapping, used to be used to get 2 games played, remember? many ideas are good in theory, but not all of them work in practice.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:29 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
15 swapped players played, 26 subbed players played, 43 original fixtures played. First set of the FCL. That doesn't seem useless to me.

Almost half of games (43/88) were the original fixture, and just over 3 quarters of games involved two players originally in the fixture (67/88). That isn't useless at all, it means those that get put in will play.

Swapping used to be about one game not being able to be completed despite two active players being in the fixture. It was never that 2 games had to have issues, it could have been that only one did and the other wasn't arranged.

The SL match between PD's and Ultras is a great example. If we had another game unplayed we would've swapped to give cliffy a game. A swap would've solved the issue completely if it was an option, unfortunately it is left to a sub now. Leaving it if we could have swapped would not be easier.
punkpoet
punkpoet
14:53 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Really not liking these rules pds have had 2 59s and a 58 in games and get nowt !!!!!
I dont see how thats right.
I meam we won 5 out of 8 matches vs fpd.
I mean how are Pds a shambles if we are getting them scores folks?

Edited at 11:58 Mon 28/09/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:05 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
agreed, i prefer the old fcl system with 20 win bonus.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:08 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
That was a message sent from myself to w_hoolahan on the 15/09 16:49pm via FB lol. Goes to show trust no one on here:

Message: Leave the shambles called Pds mate and come join us lol :-)

Notice the lol or is that too technical for you to comprehend???

The world is doomed is you cannot say anything via social media lightheartedly without it being broadcasted resulting with others getting their knickers in a twist.

Also it's simple get your team to score 60 then stop your bellyaching. At least you'll warrant 1 point!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Really not liking these rules pds have had 2 59s and a 58 in games and get nowt !!!!!

You could always see If horse could knock you some losers medals up. I really can't see any other ways you should be rewarded when you lose a fixture.

It's like an FCL game in the cup, If someone loses 8-7 then they get rewarded with nothing, what's the difference with an overall fixture result, or am I missing something?
horse10000
horse10000
15:56 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Sorry don't understand your point.
In current format the scores are 61-59, 61-59 &62-58 in old format the scores would have been 81-59, 81-59 & 82-58 so you are 60 points better off in frame difference as opposed to old format?
klien
klien
16:01 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Damn... Someone should tell all the football teams that if they lose by a single goal they should get something.. for losing.

This system works way better, since when should teams get anything for losing a fixture set overall..
the__priest
the__priest
18:20 Mon 28 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
great to see the same old tangerines

such fun reading the discussion thread

maybe get bonus points for swapping games
easy to sort that way
horse10000
horse10000
01:46 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL Season 26 - Fixture Set 3

http://funkypoolclanleagues.weebly.com/fcl.html

Please can i get team lists by Sunday 4th October so i can release games.
erigert
erigert
17:55 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Is these 2 week no subs rule really working?

I mean Ash is in a fixture vs PDs at the moment and he wont play the game he has until monday so he can sub himself out again and sub in legend pot. So 2 weeks which didnt serve for anything.

This is only damaging active teams to get games played, as for Ash he can always find holes in therules and abuse with them.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:59 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Is these 2 week no subs rule really working?

I mean Ash is in a fixture vs PDs at the moment and he wont play the game he has until monday so he can sub himself out again and sub in legend pot. So 2 weeks which didnt serve for anything.

This is only damaging active teams to get games played, as for Ash he can always find holes in therules and abuse with them.

If your obsessed with winning you will always find a way. I find though you lose a sense of yourself as i know what obsession is like as i was obsessed a month back with getting 100 runouts. obsession took over and i needed a break from pool.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:03 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What you whining at now:

Subs are allowed week 3 are they not?
Unlimited are they not?

I'm unavailable until resolved my issues so kindly keep your nose out of mine and my teams business. legend_pot is a sub - I'm utilizing a sub.......it's simple really.

Thanks.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:13 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
and you don't want to play as you don't believe in your own abilities so you sub in your best player. thats fine.

I do select all players in the SL the fact you find it necessary to throw all the fixtures out at the same time ties my hands up to obviously wanna select the best.

The fact players are tied to their respective sides too obviously encourages us to want to achieve the best result we can as a foursome. So yeah maybe you are approaching it the wrong way. Stretch the season and fixtures out and stop the three week duration as that also increases the risk of players losing interest.

_knightmare_ said:
Also - Everyone can post on threads when they like as long as they don't breach the forum and site rules - so I keep being told so I'll just put that into practise as much as anyone else does when I request them to leave ours.

Answered your own answers really
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:18 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I was happy to play the match but am not going to mess about with using a mouse which I've never done. So yeah my ability using a mouse comes in to question and I refuse to play under those circumstances.

As for others posting on thread I'm not bothered if they do or not, I've asked for the topic of discussion to be only if it's that persons business. There's a difference.

Also what has it got to do with you what I do? Who i sub? When I sub? How many I sub - the answer is NOTHING!

Keep your nose OUT!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:27 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
As you mentioned on our thread the other night, i can post as long as i don't break rules and far as i can see i haven't.

_knightmare_ said:
As for others posting on thread I'm not bothered if they do or not, I've asked for the topic of discussion to be only if it's that persons business. There's a difference.

Also what has it got to do with you what I do? Who i sub? When I sub? How many I sub - the answer is NOTHING!

You look bothered to me and angry, Your right nothing to do with me much like you butting in Ray and Dee's problem was nothing to do with you but you posted and said, i can post where i like and what i want.

It's the same here, I am doing the same thing yet when people reply to you they can't have a say. It's the same rules for everyone.

I was happy to play the match but am not going to mess about with using a mouse which I've never done. So yeah my ability using a mouse comes in to question and I refuse to play under those circumstances.

Thats fair but i would still play with a touchpad and it takes me a week to get used to one.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:56 Sun 4 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Seeing as you like to post quotes:

No James none of my post was about the Ray and Dee situation, that's not my place to comment on and it's their matter.

You are included in the quote you've so eloquently copied and quoted but that's hardly uncommon knowledge now is it. (Threads speak for themselves)

Also Sarah - Everyone can post on threads when they like as long as they don't breach the forum and site rules - so I keep being told so I'll just put that into practise as much as anyone else does when I request them to leave ours.

I haven't even got involved with THEIR BUSINESS - I said I'm aware why the dispute BUT was not my place to comment so please once again get your facts straight.
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL Discussion old

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.