Why do you want Funky to change?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
budweiser
budweiser
12:04 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Post why you would want this site to change/stay or go? Let nick know...

Anything to say?? feel free! (No language please or you be muted straight away, thanks).

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  

Anything to say?? feel free! (No language please or you be muted straight away, thanks).

Lol do your powers make you feel special bud? Might as well enjoy it while it lasts eh.....

What is the point? Nothing is gonna change the fact that Nick is letting the site die away, he clearly has no interest in the site anymore so this is a complete waste of time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
nothing will ever change u just try and make everyone feel like it will when it never does. we need entirely new mods u all abuse ur powers the favourtism is a joke the site is a joke the site runner is clearly not botherd about this anymore .. there will only be 2-3 people that speak up .......no bad language and watch me and alan get muted for slating mods and the site lol jokers
triple_b
triple_b
13:08 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What I want to change is Nick caring again so he can fix all these java problems

What I like is It's a very good site where you can play games and chat to people
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:24 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What is the point? Nothing is gonna change the fact that Nick is letting the site die away, he clearly has no interest in the site anymore so this is a complete waste of time.

Agreed, Nick doesn't even post to show an interest after 6-10 month sabbatical or to show us how he is feeling.

Spoke to Fastboysam the other day and while it isn't true yet, he believes as a player that Nick will let this site ride into the sunset. Doesn't sound like Nick cares, Once he posts his plans are posted then the community can speak up if the site wants to move forward.

If Nick really cares then HAS to be Java, that is the first priority as losing members due to it and with new members not know about the Java issues then we get no new players to replace those who leave.

Maybe Doubles as a novelty, People been asking for years.
Team Killer as an actual type and each member on winning team gains rank even if eliminated.

More Staff Members, Remove inactive Admin and Promote Active Mods to Admin who has experience to keep the site going and check for banned users etc.
budweiser
budweiser
14:53 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  

Lol do your powers make you feel special bud? Might as well enjoy it while it lasts eh.....

No not at all... I would rather leave as i said to dgen.

Only so much that staff can do without the owner.

I just did this thread to show nick what all thinks. Needs to be said
budweiser
budweiser
14:57 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
nothing will ever change u just try and make everyone feel like it will when it never does. we need entirely new mods u all abuse ur powers the favourtism is a joke the site is a joke the site runner is clearly not botherd about this anymore .. there will only be 2-3 people that speak up .......no bad language and watch me and alan get muted for slating mods and the site lol jokers

I favour no one. I am... But limited to what can be done
immortal
immortal
14:59 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
He can see any other thread he wants so whats the point in making this one really.
immortal
immortal
15:06 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What i really meant too say was we are all sick of explaining our thoughts on the issues surrounding the site for them to go unnoticed by the owner.

You thinking that he will even look at this is wishful thinking at most mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
i been on and off here for so many years now but Funkypool always been the best site for me for pool games and the crowd we used to have on here was great and still is :-)

numbers have dwindled but there is still plenty of players who been on this site as many years as me who would love Funkypool to continue

Moderators always been singled out as a problem on here but they only doing there job and having been here so long trust me they have had to put up with a lot of silly nonsense from all of us probably over the years so stop being negative about the site when we still log in hoping for a good game with someone or some players who can be polite and enjoy some very good matches
fastboysam
fastboysam
Admin
15:49 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
mods and admin who are left will continue to do what they agreed to when becoming staff which is to boot abusers and basically police the site. Some do it better than others, granted, however any mod that i/we consider crosses the line will still be demoted. I come on here to play first and foremost and would like nothing better than for everyone to actually be nice and get along. The site is dead unless nick does one of two things, give it up or come back.

nothing anyone can do until one of those two things happen.

other than that we play on and wait for the switch to be flicked.

one thing i will say to all members is this:-

i wouldn't recommend buying premium when you cannot communicate with the vendor...
kris
kris
18:06 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
As already said-java needs sorting, staff needs to be refreshed. I don't think cheaters should get a second chance. Sry shadows or scottyp or crazykid or whatever ur name is now.

I would like to see mini-clans also, like 5-6 players in one clan. Could b interesting

Why? To make the site better and more inviting to new members.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:41 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
As already said-java needs sorting, staff needs to be refreshed. I don't think cheaters should get a second chance. Sry shadows or scottyp or crazykid or whatever ur name is now.

I would like to see mini-clans also, like 5-6 players in one clan. Could b interesting

Why? To make the site better and more inviting to new members.

its not cheating when admin say to create a second account n then say say they cant transfer membership sorry so i deactivted the 2nd .. get ya facts right lil girl .
the__priest
the__priest
19:02 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
sorting Java is a must

the site is going day by day
if that site does go, it would be a real shame

ive had some great times on here
I wont blame mods or admin

apart from singling out individuals and letting others doing exactly the same thing get away with it

people on here and attitude's have changed the experience for many, new players still come onto the site
but not in large numbers

only to get abuse and then leave

im sure when the site was set up, it was for the right reasons

Nick if your about and reading which I am sure you do
how about coming on, let people know your ok
and more to the point are you letting it die
or going to do something to sort this site out

be it a minute of your time or a few hours

its a little unfair to everyone who has bought premium
and helped put some money into the system
that you just ignore the site and all members

if you don't want the site or the hassle
put a cost on it

you put it right and name your price, its that easy
you stand to make something rather than nothing at all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:16 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
looks whos talking u give the abuse i just played u and u acuse me of having an aim bot lol joker get off this site yourself craig and then it would be alot happier
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
mods and admin who are left will continue to do what they agreed to when becoming staff which is to boot abusers and basically police the site. Some do it better than others, granted, however any mod that i/we consider crosses the line will still be demoted. I come on here to play first and foremost and would like nothing better than for everyone to actually be nice and get along. The site is dead unless nick does one of two things, give it up or come back.

nothing anyone can do until one of those two things happen.

other than that we play on and wait for the switch to be flicked.

one thing i will say to all members is this:-

i wouldn't recommend buying premium when you cannot communicate with the vendor...

Moderator:
Pre-warned, muted

Edited by forum moderator budweiser, at 19:09 Tue 24/05/16 (BST)
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
20:03 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
We had this same discussion over on snooker, probably a year or more ago.

The majority of people agree Funky is hands down the best pool site on the net. But there is no advertising and even under search results for online pool games funky doesn't make the first page. So there won't be an influx of new players to replace the ones who leave, and the small amount that do manage to come across the site are faced with the Java issue. The existing members are dropping like flies for the same technical issues.

A clan league doesn't attract new players, it just keeps a lot of the existing members active. When clans end I doubt all ex clan members will stick around (if the site doesn't go before the leagues)

The people who moan about manners and abusive members and politeness are usually the same ones who, frankly, have far too much time on their hands and are the biggest instigators. However, I don't think people being rude on here is discouraging new members when the entire point is there are no new members to begin with because of all the other issues. This is just a platform for the usual whiners to rate the sound of their own voice.

Nick obviously doesn't want to pass the site on or sell it to anybody else, and he is still making money from it, so why would he? He also isn't going to start caring about it now either, he's clearly lost all passion for it. So all we can continue doing is using old versions of Java or stop playing altogether.

Same answers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:31 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
i been on and off here for so many years now but Funkypool always been the best site for me for pool games and the crowd we used to have on here was great and still is :-)

numbers have dwindled but there is still plenty of players who been on this site as many years as me who would love Funkypool to continue

Moderators always been singled out as a problem on here but they only doing there job and having been here so long trust me they have had to put up with a lot of silly nonsense from all of us probably over the years so stop being negative about the site when we still log in hoping for a good game with someone or some players who can be polite and enjoy some very good matches

This is 100% spot on well said .
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:10 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
agree with dee and choo but nick has to be motivated for it to move forward. Some days i don't have motivation to do Excel for Clan League but do it when i remember and not sidetracked (mostly laziness though). It seems nick isn't motivated and not having ago because i'm experiencing it now with League of Angels where it feels like a chore rather than a hobby.

Someone who does Pokemon Remixes had a project to remaster all Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers Soundtrack from the game but took a break for nearly a year playing Undertale (a game he enjoys) but we knew about it because he sadly posted about it. Still on his break but hopeful he will finish his project one day.

I don't think it is depression but lack of motivation is never good, least in my experience. All it would take from Nick as daft as it sounds is one post so we know where we stand on updates as it is one thing advertising on FB etc then saying about Java which wouldn't encourage people to join but you can advertise all you like but it is all about one man and one post is all that is required to put members mind at rest and probably speaking for most of us here but longer Nick leaves that post, the more negative thoughts we have about the site closing as we would assume that Nick doesn't care (probably does) and flick the switch as Sam says.

We should enjoy the time we have left but my mind is always wondering if it will happen or not
budweiser
budweiser
22:11 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  

This is 100% spot on well said .

About time someone said it... Thanks from Staff
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Why do you want Funky to change?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.