Premier League 2016 / 2017 Season

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:44 Sun 6 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why not? They have as much chance as anyone else...in fact probably more with no European football commitments.

Their forward line is very impressive, still think the dynamic changes when the ball greedy Sturridge plays, he's one selfish player. I did say last season...I fear Liverpool this one...especially with Jurgen Klopp settling in and orchestrating his team to his methods and ethos.

They and Chelsea are playing some, how can I put it???....Mesmerising and scintillating football recently. For a neutral fan I can only try to empathise and think what a delight/spectacle it is but being a United fan...it's very painful. Still football is the winner here and that's really all that matters.

Delighted with our win today 3-0 by half time, took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half but still dominated the play and not just possession. Awesome strike by Pogba to set the match rolling and a nice brace from Ibrahimovic.

Great weekend of footy and some wicked results achieved too.
_huts24_
_huts24_
20:34 Sun 6 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Delighted with Liverpool today !!!

We have so many attacking players who can assist and score its Great to see finally. Can we win the league ? YES!!!! Best team around i say.

League champions = Liverpool
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:35 Sat 19 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
A surprisingly good half for United, pretty close but United clearly on top. Can't help but feel Arsenal could nick this, Sanchez should've scored with the best chance of the game but Cech has had his work cut out and United should be ahead. Uniteds pressing puts them on top, but Arsenal look like a proper footballing side when given time.

No pen for me, an arm across in that position isn't going to bring a player down never mind one with Valencia's strength. It was a dive.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:34 Sat 19 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not a great match, United edged it against a poor Arsenal but got punished. A much better side and game plan from United than in the last big game, but the same outcome. Arsenal again show why they might be more of a top for side than title winners. United would've been happy with that if they'd have had 3 points but with 1 point they are likely to drop further behind.

Thoughts anyone?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:13 Sat 19 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
At least Mr Turpin wore a mask ......
Manchester United were robbed of a big 3pts today .....thought Pogba looked the player today but was a poor match in general
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:25 Sat 19 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
He looked good but he didn't really do enough and he was playing very "showy" near the end. But that looks like a midfield to build on.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:58 Sat 19 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
We were robbed, only one team in the match throughout. Sanchez had a very early opportunity where he misguided his header...thank God lol. United passed the ball well and with pace from the start.

Cech made some very good saves and I still cannot understand why Martial was substituted instead of Rashford? Rashford did nothing when placed out on the left flank, I would've liked to see Memphis put on instead.

Still a draw's better than a defeat but this feels like one still. Rashford was to blame for letting Oxlade Chamberlain go past him with ease but it was a good leap and header from Giroud.

Edited at 16:01 Sat 19/11/16 (GMT)
jacko
jacko
01:51 Sun 20 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Massive win for Sunderland today
jacko
jacko
06:15 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
and again today

is it now we are finally beginning to play
with a bit of pride
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:35 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bournemouth 4 v 3 Liverpool - Lovin' It!!!

Fully deserved...awesome fightback and effort.

C'mon United let's beat Everton now...very strong lineup selected:
De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Carrick, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Martial, Ibrahimovic
jacko
jacko
18:07 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
killed my bet booooooooo
jacko
jacko
18:13 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a shocking tackle tht was
jacko
jacko
18:18 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
wow 1 each now

both horror stories
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:46 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a shocking tackle tht was

Rojo Red Card all day long...disgraceful tackle.

Great goal by Zlatan!!!
'SOS - Anyone seen the missing Stekelenburg??!' Swear I just heard that on their tannoy system!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:15 Sun 4 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fellaini = Useless - Okay we failed to score a 2nd goal and that ultimately invited Everton to maintain their belief but such a stupid, incompetent challenge by a complete and utter pillock cost us the 3 points.

I think we deserved at least 1-0 but due to not securing that lead Everton deserved something from the match....just a shame or is it coincidence their former player assists a penalty on his 100th United appearance.

That being said had Rojo been sent off and rightfully so then a draw minimum is the least we deserved from Goodison Park. Concerning we can't seem to score the 2nd goal away from home but I think that's because we are too reliant on Zlatan upfront.

Hope to NEVER see the tree in a United jersey again....in fact even a tree in a gale force wind has more control than him.

Edited at 18:29 Sun 04/12/16 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:16 Mon 5 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
It was about time someone did what we do best to us. It's a learning curve and we aren't a team of champions yet. This experience will be invaluable in future. 3rd and we're hoping for a top 4 finish, 9 points above United in 6th who are title hopefuls. Make your jokes Ash , you can't beat that.
jacko
jacko
21:09 Sat 17 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
totally chuffed today
another win

3rd bottom and not bottom for xmas

2 big games to come
man utd away next
burnley away
liverpool at home

id take 3 points from them and be happy
jacko
jacko
21:07 Tue 20 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
well chuffed to bits Sunderland arent at the bottom of the Division for xmas

hopefully we can start winning and gaing points

man utd up next away
then burnley away
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:33 Thu 22 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
As stated....his days were numbered - Pardew sacked!

LoL - Merry Xmas!!! Shocking timing tbh
jacko
jacko
12:18 Mon 26 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
big games for us today ......

hope we get them on a bad day and we can frustrate them

id be happy with a point ,, just cant see it, but it is football
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2016 / 2017 Season

Back to Top of this Page