Black Scorpions - Underestimate us at your peril

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13334
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:33 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
But i would like to have just 4 clans but have a draft ! Pick 4 to captain and let them have a draft ! And we will have random teams ! And would be fun i think !

Wouldn't work as we all have people we dislike and if you two got drawn together then they leave etc.

I did think about it as a normal event for a long time but would never work.
_epicshot_
_epicshot_
17:38 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wouldnt worry! As the captains are building the team.. So lets say your a captain and pick tratts you might not pick craig knowing they do not get along... It still takes strategy and would make teams some what random!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:44 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
People choose to be Captains not the other way around....being a Captain's a responsible role and one which needs to be taken seriously with an element of fun.

Captains have in the past been able to pick and choose their own selection and I see no issues with that continuing. The element of pot luck could be an interesting one but only applicable to those players who are happy to play for anyone.

Captains should remain as they are... Freedom to create own sides and players alike. Maybe a breakaway league could be a good way to trial epicshots suggestion tho...alongside the real thing.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:51 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i would trial it (not me) in the Pool Events and if it works then maybe it could be official.

Captains take turns choosing players from a pot for example but has to be like a 5 star player, then a 4 star player and so on to make it fair and equal and trades could be made only for that star (e.g. Say legend_pot a 5 Star doesn't like Dee then he could be offered but only for another 5 Star player like whocares8x8) then keeps things interesting or Dee could swap for a combined 5 Star then could say right i'll have Buckjam at 3 Stars and say well not going to name a 2 Star player in case they get offended but say Dee picked them for reliability over ability which would be fine too.

Those would be ideas if someone ever did the event.
buckjam
buckjam
17:53 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i would trial it (not me) in the Pool Events and if it works then maybe it could be official.

Captains take turns choosing players from a pot for example but has to be like a 5 star player, then a 4 star player and so on to make it fair and equal and trades could be made only for that star (e.g. Say legend_pot a 5 Star doesn't like Dee then he could be offered but only for another 5 Star player like whocares8x8) then keeps things interesting or Dee could swap for a combined 5 Star then could say right i'll have Buckjam at 3 Stars and say well not going to name a 2 Star player in case they get offended but say Dee picked them for reliability over ability which would be fine too.

Those would be ideas if someone ever did the event.

Just 3 stars for me then James? Dont worry, im not offended
erigert
erigert
17:56 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
People choose to be Captains not the other way around....being a Captain's a responsible role and one which needs to be taken seriously with an element of fun.

Captains have in the past been able to pick and choose their own selection and I see no issues with that continuing. The element of pot luck could be an interesting one but only applicable to those players who are happy to play for anyone.

Captains should remain as they are... Freedom to create own sides and players alike. Maybe a breakaway league could be a good way to trial epicshots suggestion tho...alongside the real thing.

Strange cause you had other ideas two seasons ago haha
_huts24_
_huts24_
17:59 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
SUPER LEAGUE - PLAY OFFS PRELIMINARY ROUND (21/09/16 to 09/10/16)

Black Scorpions A (6) vs (12) Black Scorpions B

h50 (3) vs (3) newborn
bigcjl2 vs veyron
mr_pink_eyes(1) vs (5) tonyc455
kris (2)vs (4) mufc_man

Good Luck guys !
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:00 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Just 3 stars for me then James? Dont worry, im not offended

i'm probably only a 3 star myself 5 stars are the robots then 4 are a level below but capable of beating robots, i think most players would be 3 stars

But hopefully you get the idea
kris
kris
19:09 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  

Ash has a gd point here. Being a captain isn't a privilege. You can't be a cap without sacrifying a lot of your valuable time and effort. That's why I will never ever again do it, unless some1 wants to pay me for it lol.

Random teams while nice idea, won't have the appeal I think
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:17 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  

Ash has a gd point here. Being a captain isn't a privilege. You can't be a cap without sacrifying a lot of your valuable time and effort. That's why I will never ever again do it, unless some1 wants to pay me for it lol.

Random teams while nice idea, won't have the appeal I think

Yep, i've been a Captain since 2009 on Snook, 2010-2016 D&C then Anger this season.

Ran League for around 6 years too so it does take a lot of sacrifice. Luckily on Snooks though we all pretty much get on so it was a pleasure. While i had some good times on Pool in Untouchables, Snooker Squad and Wipeout, it was too argumentative in general. DFE/ NewPros i had some good times too with Dee, Jack and the others but found myself arguing about games each week and need to get away from it.
kris
kris
19:21 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Had to read it twice, to understand why did u post all that info

Yeah, being a cap isn't a privilege. You give time and get plenty of hassle, amongst some nice results. Not worth it
_huts24_
_huts24_
19:24 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Clans were always Better when they had 11 teams in a league . Very disappointing to see just 5 this season.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:32 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Had to read it twice, to understand why did u post all that info

Yeah, being a cap isn't a privilege. You give time and get plenty of hassle, amongst some nice results. Not worth it

Yeah, depends if you have the time really. I do generally so was worth it to me before politics came into clans in 2015 then it all changed to the point where if you want to play in clans, you have to just accept that politics are apart of clans now. Admit i have done it myself to win a fixture and so has other clans so i'm not blameless but i miss the days where you could only sub with an activity/timezone issue generally unless it was in the final half of the 2nd week and subs could be done at any time. Just feel its all about winning now and not about playing.

Snooker had a completion bonus for this reason but politics was never apart of it where you could get 7 points (1 more than 6-0 Maximum) to encourage clans to play each match. Unfortunately due to numbers i had to scrap that and never returned.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:35 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Clans were always Better when they had 11 teams in a league . Very disappointing to see just 5 this season.

Yeah, i do hate to say it but if Keith allows A and B like others then would be 10 teams but understand why he didn't go there.

Will be 3 clans if Scorpions fold so unless a new clan is made, i'd guess that Keith would fold as i believe 4 clans is the bare minimum you could do.
kris
kris
19:44 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
5 is-was surely the minimum mate...
kris
kris
19:48 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If Nick really is back as some said then he might be able to work his magic and make the site more popular. NOW is the time...
davyb0207
davyb0207
19:50 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe it's better if clans come to an end. Too much trouble everytime and no respect either for players.

davyb0207
davyb0207
20:02 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
_huts24_ Hi davy ,

Any chance that you would like to come and play this season for us in Black scorpions if you have time ? This season will be starting soon so im hopeful that you would like too buddy .Sent 3 months ago

davyb0207
Online davyb0207 Hey m8

I'm just back after 4 months inactivity

I haven't played since 7 months ago. I need some practice again.
Sent about a month ago

davyb0207
Online davyb0207 I joined Phoenix clan. I hope you're not disappointed and i wish you and Black Scorpions clan all the best.
Sent about a month ago

_huts24_ _huts24_ Whatever Davy ! Cba with you. Thought you had some sense but seems you don't .
Sent about a month ago

davyb0207
Online davyb0207 No need to be mad at me for my decision Lee. I understand the disappointment, if i choosed Phoenix above Black Scorpions clan.

I have loads of respect for you and you doing great as a captain of your team.

I also mean it when i say that i wish your clan all the best this season.
Sent about a month ago

davyb0207
Online davyb0207 Hi Lee

Not sure if clan season going on next season. I finish the rest of this season in Phoenix clan, but i'm interested in joining Black Scorpions next season if you still want me in your team and if there comes another clan season.

Decision is up to you.
Sent about a month ago

_huts24_ _huts24_ Thanks davy ! i will have to keep you updated on next season if clans are still going ect.
Sent about a month ago
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:15 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
IF there's a genuine interest then I say we go with it...the site's already quiet...we lose clans and it'll become even more a ghost town and virtually an Error 404 (Site Not Found). Maybe a thread for those interested to post Yes or No could be a good start? Maybe 1 suggestion/Recommendation be posted too by each player Interested for the next season?

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:25 Tue 4 Oct 16 (BST)  [Link]  
IF there's a genuine interest then I say we go with it...the site's already quiet...we lose clans and it'll become even more a ghost town and virtually an Error 404 (Site Not Found). Maybe a thread for those interested to post Yes or No could be a good start? Maybe 1 suggestion/Recommendation be posted too by each player Interested for the next season?

Could work, before Snooker was revived this season, someone made a petition and had around 20-30 names so i revived it, as time went on numbers went down by nearly 3 players per team which is a big deal on Snooker and had to give dispensations to allow quarantined players to play and just extended the league fixture. A couple has posted interest for a new season but just posting isn't enough sometimes as you need the clans and numbers to back them up.

In this case, their has to be another clan to appear before a petition can be made because 50 people could be interested but you need 4+ clans to even consider a league. Some think 5 which would need two new clans.

I won't be adding my name though as this is my last season, If it does fold it will be like Snooker a Ghost Town unless people commit to other events to keep them occupied
Pages: 13334
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Black Scorpions - Underestimate us at your peril

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.