Viewing forum thread.
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
15:32 Sun 28 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
The idea of this lil game is to post, and hope that no-one else does for a while! (almost like suqeezy's original)

Its all about getting the largest time distance from this post, and then the following post etc. However, the important difference between this game and squeezy's one is that with his, it's not the time before you post that's important, but after that counts. In squeezy's game, if the lead was 2 days and then no-one posted for 6 days, the next person to post would take the lead. In this version, if the lead is 2 days, and then Joe Soap someone posts and no-one replies for more then 2 days, then Joe Soap takes the lead.

Also, a post by you after your own does count! Although why would you...?
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
15:41 Sun 28 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hw it works:

- clooneman writes the first post.
- Then steph comes along 30 secs later and writes something. So clooneman leads. Steph will take the lead if the next reply is longer than 30 secs away.
- nem posts 5 mins later. Cos no-one postes for 5 mins after steph, she takes the lead.
- 4:30 go past, ans steph posts again so that nem can't take the lead!!!
- paula come along and posts straightaway. Steph's still in the lead.
24 hours later, clooneman comes along and gives out to everyone for not playing. But Paula doesn't care, cos she's in the lead!!!
- Everyone gets bored and doesn't play. Four weeks later, clooneman comes back and posts. He takes the lead - one month.

And whoever wants to take the lead has to post, and then hope no-one posts for a month!!! Can't be hard, can it? So........
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
15:43 Sun 28 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
...let's play! I think I'm in the lead by 9 mins
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:47 Sun 28 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its the same as squeezy's!!!!!!!
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
16:53 Sun 28 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nope, it ain't. See, in squeezy's, you'd be in the lead now. Instead.... I'm in the lead!!! See? I'm in the lead cos it was 1hr47m since someone replied to my post. In squeezy's, you'd have been in the lead cos it was 1hr47m before your post. squeezy's game is about taking the lead by not posting for ages and then swooping; this game is about taking the lead by having no-one post after you. Squeezy's game, you take the lead by posting after a long time - this game, you take the lead by someone else posting after a long time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:50 Mon 29 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
am i in the lead now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:14 Mon 29 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i get it see if i can an u are i think nem
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:21 Mon 29 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I dont get it but il post!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:26 Mon 29 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
it easy lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:04 Mon 29 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
dont understand it but if i post i might take the lead?
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
12:45 Mon 29 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
clooneman (i.e. me) is in the lead, because after I posted at 22:53, it was 17h 57m before someone posted. If you had posted quicker, see!!!

This means that for someone to take the lead, they have to:
1) post, and then
2) hope that no-one posts for 17h 57m.

Now, I plan on being home this weekend, so I for one won't be able to defend my lead. And I can defend my lead by, well, posting! This is one way in which this game differs from squeezy's, because in his game the person in the lead is pretty much helpless as long as no-one is posting. Geddit?

If no-one replies to this for 17h 57m, I will extend my lead, and that will make it harder for the rest of you.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:04 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol..looks like ur in the lead then cloony!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:07 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
hmmmm yep im still confused
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:12 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
nah i get it now cheers cloone
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:36 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yea basically u gota post and hope no-one else does after u untill u have become leader! (i think)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:37 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep u r correct but you aint taking the lead
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:39 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lmao neither are you!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:04 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
nor u lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:05 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or You
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
12:23 Tue 30 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
peter_boro said:
dont understand it but if i post i might take the lead?

Completely correct. If you post then you might take the lead, depending on when the next post is. Basically if everybody abandons this thread then whoever had posted last is in the lead. If you post after this one and no-one comes back for a week then you're in the lead by miles.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Reverse time holders

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.