Processor Speed?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:55 Thu 27 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
How fast is yours- im looking at new computers and wondered what the average processor speed is on here?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:21 Thu 27 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have the HP HDX9120EA LAPTOP

* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500
* (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
* 4 GB Memory
* 320 GB Hard Drive
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
08:38 Fri 28 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
sounds good- im lookin at a similar spec
whats vista like. any problems with it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:59 Fri 28 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just guesswork here, but aren't you better off with a computer as they have a better processing speed than laptops???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:41 Fri 28 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Laptops >>>> PC the fact you can go wireless and take it anywhere is a big factor in this for me. And nowadays you can get laptops capable of bettering the processing speeds of a PC technology these days eh?

Vista is 10x better than XP, looks modern and generally does the job it's supposed to do efficiently.

My laptop that I have up there ^^ plays all games fine without lag of course I get the rare moment of lag but thats natural.

madmiketyson
madmiketyson
08:38 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
got a new one its a dual core 2.2ghz so 4.4 ghz same as lewis basically but desktop pc not lappy

Got a 22" monitor as well so when i get the net on it next week watch out!
smithbit
smithbit
08:44 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
oooo sounds good mike
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:45 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
cant wait to play u on it
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:07 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Systems have always been best based on what you want to do with them.

For cutting edge performance a desktop will always be where it's at simply because thats what the new technology is developed for (along with having plenty of room for cooling )

However, many laptops easily out perform basic £400 PC World desktops these days, my work Tablet PC is a beast compared to my home comp.

Wireless access, as Lewis mentioned, has made all portable computers much more desireable than was the case a few years ago and unless you're going to be editing lots of high quality video todays middle of the range laptop will do you for a relatively long time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well I have a Mac and a PC. I prefer a Mac it has better graphics and better features.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:37 Wed 23 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
sounds good- im lookin at a similar spec
whats vista like. any problems with it?

2 words....

I t S u c k s

my lappy came with Vista

Thinking of changing the system back too windows.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:50 Sat 26 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can i ask why you think that ruddan?
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
15:27 Sat 26 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i too am experiencing a few problems with vista just randomly crashing/freeaing so you can do nothing at all including the old CTRL ALT DEL trick, except turn it off and start it back up.

Is this normal- is there any way to make it better?

you never answered my question on the thread misterchyme made about those strange statistics chris..
cool_ryan
cool_ryan
15:39 Sat 26 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
how much RAM is in your PC?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Sat 26 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
task manger buttons on vista is ctrl,shift and esc key
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:49 Sat 26 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Vista has been let down a lot by hardware suppliers. I've recently helped 3 friends downgrade to XP again. 2 of these were laptops which simply weren't up to spec (the dell one had vista ultimate installed and only 512Mb ram!)

The other was a new base unit which was good performance wise, but the user had an oldish printer and scanner they wanted to retain use of, and installing the drivers caused several errors. They also had AOL as an ISP, and their Vista software is extremely buggy as yet (going by the relative forums at least).

As i've said before, Vista is just fine on a new machine which really is built to handle it, and running software (inc drivers) which has been properly tested.

If you have old stuff you want to use, use an old OS. Its not rocket science

Oops, sorry, went off a bit there!

What i really meant to say was don't trust the "vista capable" badge. It's like saying a 486 with 128Mb is XP capable...

Edited at 22:54 Sat 26/01/08 (GMT)
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
17:20 Sat 26 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i got 2 gig of ram, 2 2.2ghz processors, 360gb hard drive, vista home premium.

Bought a wireless network adaptor for it but there are no drivers for vista yet!

anyone know a decent one that dont cost too much?

Thanks Lisa- i didnt know that
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
18:31 Sun 27 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
anyone?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:56 Mon 11 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Uh, just so you know that dual core doesn't necessarily mean 4.4 Ghz, unless the application is threaded that way.
2 Ghz P4 M sat here.
_anth0ny_
_anth0ny_
07:47 Mon 11 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Intel Quad Core E6600 processor (2.4GHz). 2048Mb DDR2 RAM. 1Tb hard drive (2x500Gb) NVidia 512Mb 8500GT graphics And Windows Vista Home Premium....pretty much the complete package
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Processor Speed?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.