Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:48 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, its been a while since wrestling, or WWE at least, was worth talking about but what a week!

Some great swerves in the draft last monday, a simply awesome PPV on Sunday and last nights RAW was the best and most entertaining since back in the attitude era (rock/austin etc)

Lets hope whatevers happened to the bookers is permanent!

(don't look at the pics if you haven't seen RAW )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I believe it was the best RAW in years, but just incase you didn't know; Dusty Rhodes has took on the head role of RAW booking since Night Of Champions. That man must have about 40 jobs these days. Either way, it's how Sports Entertainment should be.

20 minutes of matches where nobody goes over and nobody gets hurt, then save 3 hours of action for the PPV. I was expecting the show to mess up in some way, shape or form, but it didn't. I think the entire show was used to boost up SmackDown!, to be honest whilst keeping itself going. Clever booking moves, let's say that's for sure.

Spinner, I have a proposal for you, mate. You fancy PM'ing me? I do something wrestling related off FunkyPool which is fairly cool, but it's rather a time consuming game, so if you've got some spare times on your hand give me a shout.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:47 Tue 1 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm disappointed Kane got bet...Damn mark henry haha

And seeing cm punk win the title on raw makes me feel so good considering i hate edge haha

triple h all the way

King of kings!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Tue 8 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I watched WWE for the first time in years last night. It was really frustrating at the amount of ad breaks that played.

Reminded me why i stopped watching it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:19 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
da_chump said:
I watched WWE for the first time in years last night. It was really frustrating at the amount of ad breaks that played.

Reminded me why i stopped watching it.

That's why my brother records it on sky+ so he can just skip the ads.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:40 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
your brother? Don't you mean you .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:12 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
its not real lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:30 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
all the good wrestlers have either retired or left.

Its not the same as it used to be, even though it is fake, it was entertainment and good to watch.

All wrestlers now mostly all bodybuilders instead of being technical like before.

Not the same , especially with Ric gone. WOOOO
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:38 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
dr_daq said:
all the good wrestlers have either retired or left.

Its not the same as it used to be, even though it is fake, it was entertainment and good to watch.

All wrestlers now mostly all bodybuilders instead of being technical like before.

Not the same , especially with Ric gone. WOOOO

wrestling is gone crap...the days of the hell in the cell with mankind ,where they wen't outside the cell and wen't through the top of it.....and kurt angle who now is on tna for some reason

it's all over the shop
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:41 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I remeber that Hell in the cell your talking about. Mankind v Undertaker at King of the ring 1997.

Over a decade ago. I feel old now thanks alot mate!
_alex19933_
_alex19933_
12:49 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont like it to be honest as poolliver said its not real just guys pretending to jump on each other good acting though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:31 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
WWE is not my thing !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:03 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
wwe is not fake it is acting which is well scripted, it is not fake nor is the blood, it is entertainment, which has actors in it
spinner
spinner
Admin
21:52 Wed 9 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
dr_daq said:

Er, that was the 80's and 90's dude, take a look now

Really looking forward to the PPV on sunday. Will be good to watch Joe kick butt without worrying if his opponent might die, and its been far too long since the Dudleys and Christian had a chance to remind us that they were just as much a part of the TLC scene as Edge and the Hardys.

Real shame for Mickie Knuckles though, without a doubt the most brutal injury i've seen in the 20+ years i been watching.. Ouch!

Hope Punks heel turn comes soon, i just cant get used to him being babyface, he looks so uncomfortabe and out of character.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Thu 10 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
nick_111 said:
wwe is not fake it is acting which is well scripted, it is not fake nor is the blood, it is entertainment, which has actors in it

Completly true....All the moves hurt it's just they make it look alot more painful

Apart from mankind he was in actual pain 24/7
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:37 Thu 10 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
one match i can think of which would have hurt was the orton mankind match where they had pin and they stuff and orton was owned with a least 100 pins in his back
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:01 Fri 11 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
nick_111 said:
one match i can think of which would have hurt was the orton mankind match where they had pin and they stuff and orton was owned with a least 100 pins in his back

Was a joy to watch though haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:32 Fri 11 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yea it was a gud old slog
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:22 Fri 11 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Back to that Hell in a cell match at KOTR 1997. where undertaker threw mankind off the top and his front tooth went through his top lip.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:16 Fri 11 Jul 08 (BST)  [Link]  
pooliver said:
its not real lmao

Wrong...

I understand what you are saying to an extent. Wrestling isn't fake, it's just planned. You cannot tell me that wrestling is fake. Randy Orton broke his collarbone, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit broke their necks, Sid Vicious broke his leg, Triple H tore his quads twice. That's real. So wrestling is real to a certain extent, but it isn't real as it isn't made up as it goes along and the guys aren't actually fighting. If you actually took an interest, you'd know this. But because you don't, get the hell out of this thread.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Wrestling Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.