Premier League Chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12728
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:46 Mon 9 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
very shocked at his decision but its probably the board's fault yet again not allowing him transfer money i guess as he didnt sign a person
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:16 Tue 10 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Everyone blames the board for manager's going. In my opinion it's money and greed of the players. Get a wage cap put on in the league.

If the board give more money than they can afford, then we will end up like Leeds United and down in leagues. Or we could even up like Portsmouth and struggling for finances and fielding a team.

Some big names on the list:
Bob Bradley - 7/2 (said he would like to come to manage in Europe, fellow American of Randy Lerner. Wishful thinkers would hope he could sign his son for us )

Sven Goran Eriksson - 13/2 (wants to manage in England after unfinished business with Manchester City, steady if not spectacular results from Sven usually)

Alan Curbishley - 7/1 (out the job for a while, former Villa player, did alright with Charlton in Premier League)

Martin Jol - 7/1 (former Tottenham manager, getting them into Europe a few times, would he leave Ajax this time?)

Slaven Bilic - 9/1 (has done a decent job with Croatia, we might nick some of Harry's Croatians. lol)

Jurgen Klinsmann - 10/1 (good job with Germany, how would he cope with club football)

Steve McClaren - 16/1 (I wouldn't say no to him, club management records speak well, final of UEFA Cup with Boro, league title with Twente, but just moved to Wolfsburg so doubtful)

Billy Davies - 16/1 (didn't cut it in the Premier League last time out, deserves another chance with Villa? I wouldn't say so)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:20 Tue 10 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Gareth Southgate - 18/1 (played for Villa for several years, but left slating Villa's ambition, so that could be reason why he is a slight outsider. Did alright with Boro for a while)

Kevin McDonald - 20/1 (current caretaker manager, won the reserves league 3 years in a row, but different type of pressure between reserves and first team)

Gianfranco Zola - 20/1 (managed to save West Ham in the end of last season, currently unemployed so could be considered)

Roberto Di Matteo - 28/1 (be funny to see the Baggies fans crying after laughing us losing our manager, but can't see it happening)

Glenn Hoddle - 33/1 (outsider, wouldn't be a popular choice in my opinion)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:45 Sat 21 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
another shocking decision by a ref dissallowing a stoke goal which clearly crossed the line and the refs view wasnt blocked seems to happen too often for smaller teams against a bigger team
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:35 Sun 22 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
To be fair the goalkeeper was fouled, so it shouldn't of stood if given....

(I only watched 5 minutes of MOTD......)
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
10:36 Sun 22 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Who the hell are Villa again??

6 0, way to easy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:35 Tue 24 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Who the hell are liverpool 3 nil =P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:51 Wed 25 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
well some of us cant buy our way out of the bottom half of the table
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Wed 25 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
vendetta said:
well some of us cant buy our way out of the bottom half of the table

I'll toast to that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:34 Sun 29 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Glad we signed mereiles what i seem of him looks quality
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:37 Mon 30 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
rubber_duck said:
Who the hell are Villa again??

6 0, way to easy

Villa are a team in the top 4, ahead of Newcastle and many others
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:50 Mon 30 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Next Villa manager odds:

Ladbrokes
David Moyes - 3/1
Kevin MacDonald - 4/1
Sven Goran Eriksson - 5/1
Mark Hughes - 6/1
Gerard Houllier - 9/1

Paddy Power
David Moyes - 7/4
Kevin MacDonald - 9/2
Sven Goran Eriksson - 9/2
Bob Bradley - 10/1
Mark Hughes - 14/1

Victor Chandler
Kevin MacDonald - 9/2
Sven Goran Eriksson - 5/1
David Moyes - 6/1
Alan Curbishley - 6/1
Mark Hughes - 8/1

Seems Moyes is favourite with most bookmakers now, some say he is a loyal manager and wouldn't move to Villa for that reason. Would be a good replacement.

Out the others mentioned, don't see Macdonald getting the job based on lack of Premier League experience, same for Bob Bradley. Mark Hughes, don't see him leaving Fulham after only 3 games in charge.

Sven is still in the frame, Curbs could be one of the outsiders as is Houllier, never really thought of Houllier.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:18 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
4 Hours 43 mins left and still no striker in cmon roy get a move on...If its carlton cole dont bother.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:32 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
He's not bringing top class players to liverpool, he's bringing average players. He needs to realise he's now at a top 4 challenging club and therefore needs to purchase in the transfer market as a top 4 challenging club's manager should. It's like he's still at Fulham lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:35 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
apples_back said:
He's not bringing top class players to liverpool, he's bringing average players. He needs to realise he's now at a top 4 challenging club and therefore needs to purchase in the transfer market as a top 4 challenging club's manager should. It's like he's still at Fulham lol.

To be fair Fulham done better than Liverpool last season with a cup final
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:37 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm talking about him bringing in Fulham quality players and not Liverpool quality players lol. Fair play Fulham had a good run last season, but i cant see them being consistent. Liverpool have been in top flight football for years.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:40 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Moyes slashed from 44/1 to 7/4 Everton fans must be soiling themselves.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:42 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
looks like cole deal is happening . Babel goin the other way + cash id rather keep him than cole.

Cole possibly get the no.7 shirt ? what an insult

Edited at 15:45 Tue 31/08/10 (BST)

Nar am wrong there will probably be no.11

Edited at 15:48 Tue 31/08/10 (BST)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
10:48 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_mewtwo_ said:
apples_back said:

To be fair Fulham done better than Liverpool last season with a cup final

liverpool finished higher than them in the league

and athletico beat liverpool on away goals, they actaully beat fulham
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:23 Tue 31 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Now there sayin babel 10 million to spurs ...snap harry's hand off roy
Pages: 12728
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League Chat

Back to Top of this Page