edited lol

we'll wait and see what we get in defaults before I make comments lol

Edited at 19:26 Sun 5/07/09 (BST)

Feel free to wait even longer Al
janmb
janmb
17:04 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
Im not having a go here but I think alot of the problems arise from league runners also being captains and obviously wanna look after their own clans

There's only one league host that is also a clan captain as far as I know, and a lot of other people are involved in the defaults every single time, but you are unfortunately right in one thing: We could definitely use a system that is less prone to these petty, "humorous" accusations of bias.

Regardless of whether there is actual bias or not, the mere possibility of accusations thereof is a problem of its own.

I have no idea how to solve it tho - I very strongly doubt you would find enough people not involved in clans at all who'd bother accepting the job of ruling defaults, nor would they be likely to pay enough attention or be serious enough about it to be a reliable system anyway.

Nor can we realistically expect league hosts to step down from active clan participation either.

I agree with the need (you demonstrate that virtually every single day), but I have no solution to offer.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:08 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I have come to a conclusion i shall be capt of my clan but my vc will be choosin team line ups i will of course tell her who cant play if there gonna be away or anything so thats solved that problem.
janmb
janmb
17:09 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
as I keep saying "the best team is the one that beats all others"

Incorrect. The best team is the team scoring the most points across the entire duration of the league event - not the team who happens to get lucky and/or be on the better form for a single week out of 5

To turn it upside down to demonstrate the point: If MVP were leading into week 5 and had the most points when the league was over, I'd still happily call you the best team - even if UT may have beaten you in the internal match.

Suit yourself tho, what you think isn't really important - the rules are fortunately quite clear on what makes you win the event and what doesn't.

Edited at 22:13 Sun 5/07/09 (BST)
janmb
janmb
17:09 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
dont get me started

Hmm, a few years too late for that it seems
_niall_
_niall_
17:27 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
On a personal note, I'd rather beat you lot and lose the league than lose to you lot and win the league, and that's not just cos we are behind...I'm confident we're gonna win both anyway ! But to be honest, I'd be sick as a parrot if you lot beat us this round of fixtures!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:28 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
All games look like they could be tight... with exception of me and Damee but im sure it will go right to the wire
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
well niall...start being sick now
_niall_
_niall_
17:33 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
As if
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
well see end of the week then

Ha'way the UT lads!!
janmb
janmb
18:32 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Cup:

egotistical vs janmb
8: 3-2
9: 2-4
uk: 2-3

9-7 to us

Sorry for not doing better - I gave away way too many cheap frames in both 8 and 9 ball. Happy with the UK tho - expected more of a trashing there.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:28 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
3004rob said:
well see end of the week then

Ha'way the UT lads!!
ahem?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:28 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
and gorgeous ladies!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:29 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Wd jan man
walker666
walker666
19:33 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Untouchables 26-18 Mvp

madmiketyson v poolviper
janmb 9-7 egotistical
ste_efc 7-9 ex_champ
mich 10-2 adidas
ul_son v str8shooter
top_dog v ab_rfc

Well done lads on the great start to the cup final
janmb
janmb
19:54 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
_niall_ said:
On a personal note, I'd rather beat you lot and lose the league than lose to you lot and win the league, and that's not just cos we are behind...I'm confident we're gonna win both anyway ! But to be honest, I'd be sick as a parrot if you lot beat us this round of fixtures!

Glad to hear it Niall...

In all honesty, we all know that which ever clan wins this will be completely intolerable for weeks to come
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:42 Mon 6 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Me and Damee about to get games underway pretty soon
Pages: 19495
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Untouchables (Old Thread)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.