New game layout

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just logged in and found the new layout - I like it.

Its very professional.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:02 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think this is fantastic. It's nice to see funkypool moving along with the times, and all credit is due to Nick for that.

It is very different, but if you take a step back it's much more profssional and much more appealing, just we have been use to a certain look for such a long time, it's going to feel weird . But it's a great little makeover, and once everyone gets use to it, they'll realise how much of a benefit this is to the site

Thank you Nick, a job very well done !
smithbit
smithbit
14:28 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think its very nice looking, give the site a modern feel. Although the only thing I am not 100% sure about is the new cursor, I think it makes potting easier for some reason, and Im not sure it thats a good thing or not, maybe its just me though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:31 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
smithbit said:
I think its very nice looking, give the site a modern feel. Although the only thing I am not 100% sure about is the new cursor, I think it makes potting easier for some reason, and Im not sure it thats a good thing or not, maybe its just me though.

no its not u if u play real pool it is easyier
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:36 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I also think that it was about the right time for a major change like this...

while some things have changed since I joined first time in 2006, some of the major things like the chat room and design for everything had hardly been touched.

It will take a while to make the whole crowd happy - or you might not ever...but this is definitely the change we needed in my view!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Quailty
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:51 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Does look rather snazzy

Agreed with Smithbit though, do feel it makes it easier to get the correct angle with the ghost ball.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:56 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
love it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:14 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Jazzy, nick! i love it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Mon 16 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nowt wrong with it all!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:40 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
very nice,smooth,smart and the new white seems to be more accurate than the old one,very happy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:45 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
very nice,smooth,smart and the new white seems to be more accurate than the old one,very happyhas anyone noticed theres a new cue also,
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:36 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
smashing
(id do a smile but its st pats day and its green all the way)
for the black stuff though
nick
nick
Admin
15:35 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks for the comments.

1 user earlier today said they preferred the previous cue, for posterity sake I'll put a comparison up.

Posted Image

Posted Image
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
16:19 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
smithbit said:

From my brief foray as a guest last night to test it, I have to say I agree totally with gezza.

The physics looked sound to me and the fresh new look for the game window is in general a nice touch.

Also 100% agree that the ghost ball cursor made potting easier last night. I tried a couple of shots I have been known to miss normally on occasion and found myself making easy pots!

On first impressions in a brief practice table game versus myself,
I lost
I have to say its a great update!

Guess the next big update will be doubles right Nick

Edit: The cue looks loads better as well, shame you didn't opt for the signed Jimmy White cue's you can get off ebay though
luckypot
luckypot
Admin
17:27 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Thanks for the comments.

1 user earlier today said they preferred the previous cue, for posterity sake I'll put a comparison up.

I see no comparison!

clooneman
clooneman
Admin
17:48 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nice job Nick, first time to log in in about 2 days and I nearly fell off my seat!

Well not really; this couch is pretty safe

Looks very snazzy and smooth, well done
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:50 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
not a fan, but I cant complain really because you guys make this site exist in the first place, which im grateful for.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:40 Tue 17 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Thanks for the comments.

Posted Image

Posted Image

its a pitty you have a name and shame policy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:41 Wed 18 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol

although i didnt notice it to be honest im in my own dream world i swear.

Only relaised there was a new layout when there was a thread about it lol
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New game layout

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.