BOXING - Chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
03:08 Sat 18 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Was a shame to hear about Ricky Hatton this week but not a suprise, hope he sorts himself out.

And thank the mighty lord Joe Calzaghe didnt come back out of retirement.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
03:15 Sat 18 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Kirk i played an amateur boxing fight in Edinburgh way back when i was a young lad. And the guest -pro am was Ricky Hatton. I cant believe someone with so much talent can throw away such a great life. I hope he doesnt get back into boxing now as well as the unbeaten great that was Joe. Such a shame, but look at the useless overpaid footballers throwing away perfect lives - i blame the money!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:25 Sat 18 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
wouldnt class hatton in the same class as calzaghe myself he certainly not one of the greats a good fighter yes who had good schehduling to earn the most amount of cash he could and fair play to him
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
03:28 Sat 18 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha yeah they should come to my town, the women are much cheaper

Thats cool about your amateur boxing, i got a few mates that do it that try to get me into it but i to lazy lol.

I would never want Joe to come back to box cos although he had a great career undefeated he didnt always face the best, but i can honestly say i think he would have won, towards the nd of his career he did but really they were shot fighters which is a shame cos haters will use that as an excuse but Joe was one of the best. With Ricky i think he should have fought Maquez in his last ditch fight, it would have been a war and i think ricky could have won and what a way to go out that would have been.
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
03:53 Sat 18 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_k1rk_ said:
Was a shame to hear about Ricky Hatton this week but not a suprise, hope he sorts himself out.

And thank the mighty lord Joe Calzaghe didnt come back out of retirement.

Yeah but joe has been through all this aswell (well the drug side of things), but ricky was always known for drinking in between fights, now he doesn't have any to train for, he's carried on, can't say if I was him I wouldn't be same lol
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
16:47 Sat 18 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I think with the losses he got and not just losses he was absolutly killed, against 2 of the best boxers ever. It was a shame and i think it must have got to him bad and got him a bit depressed which is why i thought he should go out with a fight against marquez.

With all that money though and nothing much to do it was inevitable really with the lifestyle he lead that he would go on to drugs.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

BOXING - Chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.