BOXING - Chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:19 Tue 21 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
How did Froch get lucky? I hate when people say that. Froch has been working on his conditioning, that's what won him the match. He showed he's a great champ by getting back up of the canvas and sticking it out - even with 1 minute left he didn't panic, picked his shots and won the fight with 20 seconds to go in America! You couldn't make it up.

Haven't watched the Khan fight. It was PPP - which I don't really understand as he's not worth paying to watch.

Tyson Fury has a very long way to go..... lol

I liked when Mcintosh went down, far too cocky imo. Better fighter won in the end.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Tue 21 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Froch did get lucky really, i would love to see a rematch, yes froch did well but he has not impressed me with his boxing, i find him rather boring to watch in honesty, anyway if he faces kessler and wins then maybe il consider giving my time but i dont think that will happen.

As for Tyson he has no ability at all in my opinion, just his size, and when he faces someone that isnt a walkover he will lose no doubt.

As for Kahn i think he is doing well but will need to train like hell to become an efficent champ.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
07:23 Tue 28 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Serious post Kirk?

Froch, as John said deserved to win because he knocked Taylor out.....and that was all down to the stamina he posseses!
Its like saying Bayern Munich should have won in '99 because United didnt score until the last minute Posted Image

You will get to see a rematch in the Super Sixes anyway, they will be fighting at least once I reckon

Tyson.....no ability???? Go watch a fight or two of his on youtube, then come back and say that again without that cheeky grin on your face you little scamp
This guy has it all, his size and reach just make him more formidable.....I see him taking the English title then fighting Danny Williams for the British Title....and taking that as well
He is our best prospect for the long term I think, David Haye will get battered by him in a year or two as his ability grows

I have no opinion on Khan, hope he can hold onto his title but I don't rate him as highly as Fury or Froch......these two can take a punch as well as give one, Amir has great technique but I'm not sure he has the chin to be a true great
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:26 Tue 28 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
That Tyson Fury is an absolute grok, after you posted a youtube link on here of him Adam, I've followed his fights and he's a monster!

Not sure who his opponent was a the other day, but he tore him apart.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Thu 13 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Tyson Fury isnt a formed fighter, sure he might get a little better but na never gonna be great.

I look forward to kessler beating Froch which will prove you all wrong about him.

Kahn is more of a prospect than the above two.

Roy Jones JNR Vs Jeff Lacey, i think jones is ruining himself now, i hope he wins but he really should retire while his record is somewhat great, one of the best to enter the ring, i dont want it spoiled cos he didnt know when to call it a day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:30 Thu 20 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
You mean how Kessler was going to destroy Calzaghe? The guy has a massive punch, but as we've already seen, you need more than a big punch to take Froch out!

I'm not gonna sit here all cocky and say Froch will win, I do however think he has the experience and strength to do so.

And LOL @ Tyson Fury beating David Haye in a year or two. No chance. Has Fury actually taken a super hard punch of any fighter yet? It's way too early to tell if he's got what it takes to beat great fighters. For all his faults David Haye is an awsome fighter. He's moved up to heavyweight because he knows no one will beat at any other weight!

I do however think Fury will beat Williams in another year or so.

Khan will never live up to the hype. Typical Frank Warren fighter...

Talk of him and Hatton happening, like it actually might. Hatton has said it'll only happen if he promotes it as he'll have nothing to do with Frank Warren.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:32 Thu 17 Sep 09 (BST)  [Link]  
kessler pushed calzaghe all the way and earned my respect when i seen that fight, i do think he will be beat froch, say if it was froch instead of kessler facing calzaghe i just see another jeff lacey fight, froch would be owned and probably knocked out, and i think kesser will win.

I see Tyson Fury stole another match, he was owned but judges gave it to him, well he did well but he shoudnt have won.

And mayweather to vs juan this weekend, my money on mayweather however juan is going to be very dangerous.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:23 Tue 22 Sep 09 (BST)  [Link]  
kirk__1989 said:
kessler pushed calzaghe all the way and earned my respect when i seen that fight, i do think he will be beat froch, say if it was froch instead of kessler facing calzaghe i just see another jeff lacey fight, froch would be owned and probably knocked out, and i think kesser will win.

I see Tyson Fury stole another match, he was owned but judges gave it to him, well he did well but he shoudnt have won.

And mayweather to vs juan this weekend, my money on mayweather however juan is going to be very dangerous.

And people think Fury can beat Haye? Pfffft - no chance. He bought that win!

Mayweather kicked some bottom from what I've read. Wonder if he'll ever fight Pacman!!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:26 Wed 23 Sep 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Theres only oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ricky hatton
onee ricky hattton

walking along
singing this song

walking in a hattton wonderlanddd
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:50 Sat 24 Oct 09 (BST)  [Link]  
You changed your tune on Amir 1_eye.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:02 Mon 26 Oct 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have I? I think he has potential, he's quick and packs a punch - I just don't know if he's ready to be a world beater. Perhaps when he's in his 30s his chin will be better, who knows!

Anyone watched any of the Super 6s?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:19 Wed 4 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah and law and behold froch was a bore lol, i have my fingers crossed for froch vs kessler that will be nice to see froch knocked off his purch.

Kahn should have potential now he is being trained by the world's best trainer imo, so should he lose he can't really have any excuses other than he is overhyped.

Now moving onto haye, which imo is the most entertaining heavyweight atm with the things he does, looking forward to the valuev fight.All he needs to do is what holyfeild did and hope he doesnt get robbed this time though, and a must to avoid the big punches which is my only worry with haye.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:52 Wed 4 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Froch can't help a fighter coming into the ring negative - he fought what was in front of him. The fight was a bore but I don't think Froch could do anything about that.

I've got Froch to beat Kessler but King Arthur to win the super 6s as he's a monster!

Haye just made the heavyweight division a tiny bit more exciting. His chances are small and the worry is Haye holds a low guard. He certainly has the punching power and speed to win but still a big ask IMO.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:29 Wed 4 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Froch can't help a fighter coming into the ring negative - he fought what was in front of him. The fight was a bore but I don't think Froch could do anything about that.

I've got Froch to beat Kessler but King Arthur to win the super 6s as he's a monster!

Haye just made the heavyweight division a tiny bit more exciting. His chances are small and the worry is Haye holds a low guard. He certainly has the punching power and speed to win but still a big ask IMO.

Yeah your right about haye, but i do think he can be a really good fighter and if he wins this it could be the start of it.

Froch if he beats kessler il take more notice of him but i really dont think he is much of a fighter nor will win kessler.
gandalf
gandalf
07:44 Fri 6 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
forget all of the above

rogan to win tonight.......easily
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:03 Sat 7 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
woo - well done mr haye
gerard_
gerard_
18:11 Sat 7 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
gandalf said:
forget all of the above

rogan to win tonight.......easily

He lost unfortunately... he contradicted himself, saying he would definately win and hes comin to take the title back...he was wrong.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:17 Tue 15 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Froch vs Kessler in April, cant wait if Froch wins he earns my respect but i doubt it will happen and doubt he can win the whole thing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:53 Fri 14 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I was right, knew Froch wouldnt win Kessler, was a very good effort though i will admit.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
04:52 Sat 15 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i started boxing a couple of months ago, its a really hard sport "/

And if you cant do it right, then your going to get knocked out alot :/ a bit off topic but heyy (:
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

BOXING - Chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.