Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:03 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Joke lucky villa again

Edited at 15:47 Sun 07/03/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:05 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i wouldnt say luck they just picked there game up and are playing very well in the second half
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:32 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
We have dominated throughout the whole half and the rest of the second half. They had 10 minutes and had some lucky breaks and they know it.

At least we know we deserved it after our performance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:44 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
overall you deserved too win but that 10-15 mins was unreal by villa top draw play by them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:48 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I agree, never mind to the prem again next season!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:31 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
John Carew Carew
He's bigger than me and you
He's gonna score one or two (or three)
John Carew Carew

Poor display really from Villa in the first half, start of second, could have scored more than 3, Heskey missed a one-on-one. But got lucky after that when Young cleared off the line then defended like Lions.

Then the knock-out blow in the final minute, the minute that Reading have been lucky in in previous rounds, but not this one

Chelsea 2-0 Stoke City, come on Stoke, do a Villa, 20 minutes to go, that's how long it took us
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:48 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh well hope villa win it now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:54 Sun 7 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well, the hoodoo has been lifted anyway for us.

We've won in March under Martin O'Neill :o

Cup draw up in about 10 minutes, but I'm out in 5
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Chelsea ahh good least can be comforted that Villa are also out.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
What's the matter with Villa Alexander?

We have the most English biased players in the Premiership, best value for money in the Premiership, we don't go over the odds and give players stupid wages like other clubs.

Also, if Hilario plays, I reckon we will be back to Wembley in May
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:22 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hope villa win it hate chelsea and everything about them
joker86
joker86
15:27 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Upset for Reading

Come on Portsmouth!!!!

Would be great to see them do well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:35 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Readings wages were three times less all of the villas wages when we were in the prem so think we win on that front. I just feel a deserving and the best team should now win the cup which is not villa I'm afraid.

Yeah I agree Aaron good luck to Pompey
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why? Because we were world beaters for 20 minutes and you couldn't live with us?

Sour grapes from you I'm afraid Alexander.

We showed we got class early in the second half, had we had a controversial goal for us, then yeah, but 4 good goals, make it 5 with the Carew goal which was ONSIDE in the first half just after your first goal.

Like saying Pompey don't deserve it for scoring in the 95th minute against Coventry. Remember the equaliser was an own goal by Stephen Wright and not a Pompey player. Reading not being in it because of the dubious penalty award against Liverpool in the 95th minute and another 95th minute goal against Baggies.

Chelsea have had their luck, when was the last time they played a top tier side or a team out of the Championship AWAY in the FA Cup.

So we don't deserve it, get off with you and stop being sour grapes!
joker86
joker86
16:00 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am Reading all the way. I was born here and been here all my life (So far lol).

One thing i will say is that as soon as reading came out at the second half they fell asleep.

But......

They still kept Villa on the edge through out and for getting as far as they did i am very proud of my home team, and i just hope they can bring the performance they have given in the FA Cup to the championship for the rest of the season.

I hope Pomey win this now as this would be the biggest push for them at this troubled time, and GL to the rest (Except Chelsea )
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:02 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
You seem intent on starting an argument which I'm not going to rise too I'm afraid. Obe because I can hardly see the keyboard and 2 because it is intangible and We have know control in.

As said above would like to see portsmouth win it now can't see villa getting past Chelsea either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
alexander said:
Readings wages were three times less all of the villas wages when we were in the prem so think we win on that front. I just feel a deserving and the best team should now win the cup which is not villa I'm afraid.

Yeah I agree Aaron good luck to Pompey

tbf you were a premiership team with championship players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:11 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmmmm really? So when does a championship player become a premiership player?

Well if we came 7th was it just missing out on Europe cup spot think they can be classed as premiership players. The fact that we have had a complete wipeout of all our players staying in the premiership confirms this. We have 1 player who was a first team player from the team that won the championship those few years ago.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:18 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am defending my team Alex, and you are saying you hate them and also that we are NOT deservingly in the cup.

Wolves deserved to beat Manchester United on the weekend, but poor finishing did for them. It's football and it's what separates the good top teams from the teams lower down.

Unsure how we don't deserve to be in the cup which is what you are saying.

Also, remember, we did beat Chelsea earlier this season when they were at full strength and that was after a rare Brad Friedel error too.

You are the one that's trying to start the arguement saying Villa should not be in, Villa are as good as out already, I hate Villa etc etc, because of a 10 minute goal blitz at the start of the second half.

Just explain WHY we are not deservingly in the semi finals
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:25 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hate? That's a strong word and you have used it twice from a non-existant quote because I never used it haha

As a bit of trivia I used to support Villa a good side and good guarentee a good watch of football. Then moved to my local team Reading and have seen them climb up the ranks and was brilliant to see them go into the premiership. Always keep a lookout for them as I do aldershot so nothing against villa in general at all.

In answer to your question I believe they do not deserve to win the cup. To win you must be the best team in there and villa are not in my opinion. Prove me wrong and go beat Chelsea at wembly but I think I may be proved right.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FA Cup 2009/10

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.