Clan News - Post it Here

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:55 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok guys and girls small change

Due to players deactivating and creating new user accounts the clan organisers cant keep track of who is who and if they have already played for one clan and trying to play for another in the same season under a new user account

With immediate effect new user accounts joining the clan league must be registered on funkypool for atleast 2 months,
this does not affect user accounts already registered and playing in the clan league unless they deactivate and create a new user account for which they will have to wait 2 months to rejoin, this also means players can't deactivate, then create a new user account and expect to rejoin their clan.

This will affect all new clans joining next season as their players must have user accounts that have been registered for 2 months or user accounts playing in the clan league at present,
playing friendlies does not count as registered in the clan league.

This will stop banned users rejoining the league straight away with new user accounts or players creating new user accounts to play for 2 clans in the same season.

Thanks

Steph
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:01 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nice thinking steph

Brilliant idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:06 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good idea guys

joker said:
Nice thinking steph

Brilliant idea

Unfortunately mate this doesn't really do you any favours as your in a new clan as of the new season and you haven't been here on your current account for longer than 2 months

Edited at 15:09 Sat 13/03/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:15 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hightops, i know it's not doing any good for me.

But it's the best for the league m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:19 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
No worries just wanted to point it out but i know someone else beat me to it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:32 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
He might be ok by time we start next season tho ya never know lol

Thanks joker
janmb
janmb
09:59 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
pot_the_lot said:

Besides, the rule is there for a clearly stated intention. If the league host (Steph) feels that any given player is ok to be allowed into the league despite not meeting the 2 month requirement, she is of course in a position to make any exceptions she deems fit.

We of course seek to avoid making exceptions as much as possible, simply to avoid stupid debates, but that doesn't mean it's not possible either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well said jan
killer_no1
killer_no1
10:17 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes i like this idea
onua0767
onua0767
10:54 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  

Edited at 17:20 Sat 13/03/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
onua0767 said:

Edited at 17:20 Sat 13/03/10 (GMT)

Cheeky
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
12:56 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
janmb said:
pot_the_lot said:

Besides, the rule is there for a clearly stated intention. If the league host (Steph) feels that any given player is ok to be allowed into the league despite not meeting the 2 month requirement, she is of course in a position to make any exceptions she deems fit.

We of course seek to avoid making exceptions as much as possible, simply to avoid stupid debates, but that doesn't mean it's not possible either.

can't have exceptions, you can't say no to one person and yes to another, this would cause stupid debates,
the rule is there for all and if anyone chooses to deactivate they know where they stand with a new user account.

great idea, should've had this from the start of clan leagues.

well done
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:21 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
1.6 Withdrawing clans
When a clan withdraws or is dissolved during a season all players in that clan are immediately considered free agents and may be signed by other clans at any time

Fellowship players should be eligible to play for anyone this season?

And i agree with the rule being in place and ab_rfc that there should be no exceptions
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
So i cant join a clan yet?? But this guy virtuoso__2 is in demolition and he only joined last month????
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
13:58 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think you'll find that demolition are not in the league yet so when they do enter all their players user accounts must be atleast 2 months old by the time team lists are required for the new season unless that user account was registered as playing in the league for a clan this season before the rule was posted.

rule is simple,
if you want to play in the clan league with a new user account thats not played or registered in the clan league before the rule was posted your new account needs to be 2 months old before entry is allowed.

Edited at 20:19 Sat 13/03/10 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:48 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Any clarification regarding rule 1.6?
janmb
janmb
14:55 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
can't have exceptions, you can't say no to one person and yes to another, this would cause stupid debates

Read my post again. I noted myself why exceptions are generally undesirable. That's 100% obvious to everyone. But that doesn't mean exceptions are NEVER warranted. In fact, the current rules explicitly states the league hosts' right to make exceptions as they see fit.

Back to the case in question, how about this (to keep it as clean, impersonal and equal for all): Since this new rule was thrown into the fray with zero notice, lets have a general exception for all currently accepted league players, making them all eligible for play for the next season.

Steph clearly did not want this rule to have retroactive repercussions, and without an exception for the current player base, that's precisely what will happen.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
thanks ab even tho u did sound sarcastic!!!
janmb
janmb
14:58 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
Fellowship players should be eligible to play for anyone this season?

Correct, as soon as the clan is formally withdrawn from the league, all players are free agents, eligible to be signed by any other clan.

Keep in mind that the 1 fixture quarantine still applies though (as well as the new 2 month rule)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
15:19 Sat 13 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
_trueblue_ said:
thanks ab even tho u did sound sarcastic!!!

sorry mate, wasn't meant to
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan News - Post it Here

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.