Clan News - Post it Here

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18081
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:18 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
I don't know if you can't tell, but I'm not enjoying the unprovoked digs.

By all evidence that you and I have, my players are more reliable than the average of the league, outside of vacation times.
And even during that vacation time, an independent defaults panel decided that we were not mainly at fault for the majority of the defaults. So why do you continue to pin them on us?
You should be looking at lost defaults for that statistic since they indicate blame, not total defaults.

Vacation times? Hardly, infact, some people work harder at Christmas, then any other time of they year.... Fair enough, the league gave everyone an extra week to play, sensible really. But yet, still defaults appeared. Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. 4 days, that are considered days of rest (apparently), 7 extra days were given. No one should have any excuse why they didn't get the games done, unless the players were on a very little amount of time (1-3 days), apart from that, it's rather easy to find an hour within 504 hours of fixture time, especially if it was they're "Vacation time".

whocares8x8
whocares8x8
11:04 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not everyone spends their vacation at home on their computers. We had people gone on vacation.

Approach it a different way:
How do you explain that we get games done on a better than average rate in every fixture but one, with exactly the same players? Just coincidence? Was everyone suddenly unreliable for one fixture and now they've become reliable again like before?
And in any case, it was determined that we were not mainly at fault for most of the defaults. Why are you all ignoring that?
horse10000 said:
Your statement is inaccurate though, if your players were more reliable than the average of the league you would have had less defaults than the rest of the league, yet SS had had more than all other teams in both divisions so your players can not be more reliable than average in league terms.
Read my statement again. You've taken it out of context by simply cutting off the last part. You really are better than that.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
11:42 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Seb please stop saying your players were not mainly at fault, I've been told by a certain league runner friend of yours that results would've been different if opponents had sent in default info, there was no info from them so nothing to stop you cleaning up, maybe I shouldve looked for info like you did to stop us getting bonus points lol.

Now I'm finished with this subject, time to move on
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
12:01 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is it like that with all defaults then?
Based on the information the default panel had, they decided we were not mainly at fault. Simple

And as long as my main questions from the previous post can't be answered, I refuse to let you all get away with digs over and over again. Why have you taken a simple opinion vote by seven players and used it to attack us? No reason at all.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
12:21 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No ones attacking anyone here, so its ok for you and others to have opinions on MVP bonus points ?, and its ok for you to search for info to stop us get the bonus points ?, but we're not allowed to have an opinion on Snooker Squads defaults, seems a bit unfair.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
12:22 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What? How did I stop you getting bonus points? And why? You can't be caught anyway.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
12:36 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Your the one that searched the opponents profile for info that he'd been on at 2 am the saturday morning then called my default info outright lies because i didnt mention it, wasn't mentioned because i didnt know, wasn't your place to find default info for our opponents, the opponents should've mentioned it but there was no info from them, the panel members changed their minds based on your info that we shouldnt have got the points, we were then denied the next default bonus points we were entitled to because the main league runner decided we shouldnt have got the previous bonus. so you stopped us getting bonus points by searching for info for a default that had nothing to do with you, default panels job is to go by the info handed in, not go searching for it to stop your closest challengers from getting points.

Your opponents didn't hand in info so you got the default wins, why didnt you search for extra info for them defaults ?

Now I'm definately finished with this subject.

Edited at 10:41 Mon 23/01/12 (GMT)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
12:48 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
default panels job is to go by the info handed in, not go searching for it to stop your closest challengers from getting points.
Several default panel members do this. I've always done this. anoneemouse regularly checks posts by players on threads. This is a good thing.

You mean the defaults panel members are supposed to ignore info that's two clicks away and potentially make a worse decision? That's certainly not the role of the default team.

More importantly, it was the truth. Don't you think it's better that the default panel makes its decisions based on TRUE information rather than the factually incorrect stuff you guys sent?

ab_rfc said:
Your opponents didn't hand in info so you got the default wins, why didnt you search for extra info for them defaults ?
I sent in everything I knew about our defaults. I'm happy to forward all that info if you would like to review it. You will find that it was not biased. For the ccfc defaults, I said outright that our player was not active. Since I removed myself as a member of the defaults team, it is not my business to do more than that.

Just to remind you- this all started because a seemingly meaningless vote was used by 3 MVP players to have digs at us. So pointless. I took it light-heartedly at first, but then you guys kept repeating it several times more. You were always going to get a response.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
12:58 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
We could keep going all day and not agree, your not convincing me so its probably best we leave it at that, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:03 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds good. To avoid future arguments, maybe instead of repeatedly saying something to the effect of "what a joke", we just say nothing?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:47 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
moved discussion to Discussion Thread where it should be
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:12 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
TD has officially folded so all their scores will be removed soon as Jem is ready
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:19 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
TD has officially folded so all their scores will be removed soon as Jem is ready

Sure she already started doing this mate, would have been fixed easy enough if they chose not to fold.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:14 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Individual League is now closed

Winners Are - Frame Difference in () if tied.....

8 Ball US:

1st - huts24 with 14 (+14)
2nd - bonkerss17 with 14 (-2)
3rd - badger2 with 12

9 Ball US:

1st - lethal_lures with 23
2nd - beenjammin with 19
3rd - techno with 8 (+5)

8 Ball UK:

1st - w_hoolahan with 27 (+16)
2nd - strikelucky8 with 27 (+14)
3rd - jame2010s with 22 (+25)

Straight:

1st - dvz with 6
2nd - tinie with 5
3rd - rapid_pot with 4 (+5)

Well done to the winners
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:49 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
FCL ANNOUNCEMENT - SEASON 16

Any clan that wants to participate in next season (season 16) must add their name to this list. The deadline to apply for season 16 is midnight (UK time) on the 8th February 2012.

Please send your full updated teamsheets to me (diamond_jem).

Clans playing in FCL for season 16 ;

- Crazy Eights
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Thanks

Jema
League Runner
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:01 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Snooker Squad is in.

Division 1 has been fully updated (thanks Jem ) so will announce those when i wake up as im off now
cke1982
cke1982
03:06 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
the underdogs are in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
FCL ANNOUNCEMENT - SEASON 16

Any clan that wants to participate in next season (season 16) must add their name to this list. The deadline to apply for season 16 is midnight (UK time) on the 8th February 2012.

Please send your full updated teamsheets to me (diamond_jem).

Clans playing in FCL for season 16 ;

- Crazy Eights
- Snooker Squad
- The Underdogs
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Thanks

Jema
League Runner

Please quote and add your clan name into the list
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:10 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Legend Killers in
horse10000
horse10000
03:14 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
MVP
Pages: 18081
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan News - Post it Here

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.