Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:32 Sat 13 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well it's started now.

Sad news though with the death of Nodar Kumaritashvili of Georgia, who in a practice run in the luge crashed into a some steel pole and later died, aged just 21

Into the events, Switzerland's Ammann was the first person to win gold in the ski jump, which is famous for Eddie The Eagle .

Medals tables are:
1. Netherlands - 1 gold
1. Switzerland - 1 gold
1. Slovakia - 1 gold
4. Germany - 1 silver
4. Korea - 1 silver
4. Poland - 1 silver
N/C. Great Britain

Be good if we can get a decent medal haul this time, only had Shelley Rudman's silver in Turin.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:28 Sat 13 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I watched the last 15 minutes of that Ski Jump and as an Aussie, not used to snow or winter sports, you just sit there going "How the hell do they do that!?"....same with the Luge.

We have a couple of good chances to win gold...Mens Moggles and Womens Half Pipe are our massive chances - but watching some snow sports is a bit of relief from the cricket!!!

Cricket's gettin' boring as Australia is just smashing everyone who comes in their path.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:45 Sun 14 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im right here in the thick of it. City's buzzing!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:41 Sun 14 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:
I watched the last 15 minutes of that Ski Jump and as an Aussie, not used to snow or winter sports, you just sit there going "How the hell do they do that!?"....same with the Luge.

We have a couple of good chances to win gold...Mens Moggles and Womens Half Pipe are our massive chances - but watching some snow sports is a bit of relief from the cricket!!!

Cricket's gettin' boring as Australia is just smashing everyone who comes in their path.

You could get a gold medal in short track speed skating maybe if in the quarter finals, he finishes third and should be eliminated BUT one of the competitors in front gets disqualified. Then in the semis, people fall over in front for him to get second and a place in the final. Then in the final, everyone in front falls over for him to ease over the line.

Nah, that will never happen. They were the real events of 2002 when Australias Steven Bradbury won your first ever gold medal in the winter olympics
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:13 Wed 17 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
What a complete joke!

Jessica Gregg pulls over Sarah Lindsay in the speed skating yet Lindsay gets DQed. Talk about a home call. Canadian does the crime, the Brit gets chucked out.

What a complete joke!

Oh my god, another joke call, well done girls, unfortunately the judges hate us, they've eliminated BOTH our girls. Allowing a South Korean athlete to barge her way past ours yet DQed one in an earlier heat for doing something not so bad.

Absolute disgusting!

Edited at 01:20 Thu 18/02/10 (GMT)
onua0767
onua0767
02:26 Thu 18 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
woooooo go canada yeahhhhhhhhhh i have the winter olympics on my t.v 24/7 when im in the house lol

gooo canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Shame that U.S.A (America) is leading the gold medals :(

Come on canada :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:22 Thu 18 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
warney12 said:
What a complete joke!

Jessica Gregg pulls over Sarah Lindsay in the speed skating yet Lindsay gets DQed. Talk about a home call. Canadian does the crime, the Brit gets chucked out.

What a complete joke!

Oh my god, another joke call, well done girls, unfortunately the judges hate us, they've eliminated BOTH our girls. Allowing a South Korean athlete to barge her way past ours yet DQed one in an earlier heat for doing something not so bad.

Absolute disgusting!

Edited at 01:20 Thu 18/02/10 (GMT)

Yeah i watched that, was a shocking call! Should have had at least 1 athlete through there...
onua0767
onua0767
13:47 Thu 18 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Canada will win the Winter hockey olympics though.

For men and womens'

18-0 against Slovakia.... new record =o
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:45 Fri 19 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bronze in Salt Lake City 2002 with Alex Coomber

Silver in Turin 2006 with Shelley Rudman

Now, it's GOLD in Vancouver 2010 with Amy Williams

ONLY nation to win medals in the bob skeleton when it's been in the Olympics BUT for the first time, this year it's GOLD.

And first individual gold for Britain in the Winter Olympics for 30 years and only second gold for Britain this century with the other gold being the women's curling team in 2002, Salt Lake City
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:49 Sat 20 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i love the ice hockey so fast and skillful
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:50 Tue 23 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
onua0767 said:
Canada will win the Winter hockey olympics though.

For men and womens'

18-0 against Slovakia.... new record =o

USA!
USA!
USA!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:41 Tue 23 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Canada 3 USA 5

Go USA Go!

lololollolololoololol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:41 Wed 24 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
wow cant believe you guys like such a sport!

personally i think its okay, but it all confuses me in the end

i heard great britain got there first gold tho the other day so well done to whoever got it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:36 Wed 24 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ice hockey is the one like usa to win womens and mens and im from uk!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:21 Thu 25 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Second GOLD for Australia!!!!!

Fantastic finish by Lidya Lassila - I turned on the TV just at the right moment not knowing it was on...and what a jump in such tough conditions

Best winter Olympics for Australia!
chaos_
chaos_
00:33 Thu 25 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:

Fantastic finish by Lidya Lassila - I turned on the TV just at the right moment not knowing it was on...and what a jump in such tough conditions

Aussie ! Aussie ! Aussie !!!!!!!
billmore
billmore
06:33 Thu 25 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
chaos_ said:
aflumpire said:

Aussie ! Aussie ! Aussie !!!!!!!

Pity they don't have kangeroo curling or crocodile slalom,

You Aussies might do OK then.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:07 Thu 25 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Go USA
Germany's catching up tho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Thu 25 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Australia won 2 golds in 2002 as well Flumpy, one of which was the bizarre speed skating in which Steven Bradbury collected gold after everyone fell in the final. Should have a film of that, because I've only just read how he got to the final, freak results all the way through
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:01 Fri 26 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ah...but we have never won three medals in one games!

I dont care, nor I dont think you would care how you won Gold Medals...it proves that you still have to have the skill to stay on two feet
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Winter Olympics 2010

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.