League Discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok here for all discussions regarding clan league also any query's

i.e wipeout thread

Thanks

P.s Please be sensible when using this thread no arguments please

Steph
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I really do think straight should be added to the games (even if it's just the 1 rack). Just to give a little more variety. Can't do any harm.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:16 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks dame will bear your idea in mind for next season when we review this thread.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:18 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
If straight's added would like to see minigolf added too (killer would be impractical needing 3 players)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
golf is boring tho zante

killer wouldnt be bad if u had the right ppl picked but a lot of hard work lol
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:03 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
straights boring
golf you dont wait long for a shot
straight you can wait ages
golden_shot
golden_shot
17:12 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Zante has a point there
joker86
joker86
21:23 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Adding straight would make a great addition to the current format, but having played 15 games on the normal games then to move over to straight would make it quite long winded.

Adding a straight match and minimize the normal games just slightly would probably interest people.

Like Steph said, any respectable ideas or opinions will be noted and looked at.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:30 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think straight is bad idea i like it how it currently is
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:36 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
they had straight in the FPL and wasnt always played due to players that had already lost saying "cba with straight just have it", would end up the same in the FCL, also as 1 or 2 have said "its a boring game"

the league doesnt need killer or golf either tho, leave the format as it is.

Edited at 03:42 Sun 28/02/10 (GMT)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
22:05 Sat 27 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
thought i'd bring this from wipeout thread
janmb said:
gandalf said:
was 2 - 1 up against techno, world_elite or whatever his new name is gonna be

he then de-activated

14-1 to fellowship

back in match against wipeout

The result is 2-1. The outcome is for the default process to settle, according to standard rules and guidelines.

A player deactivating or getting banned is just the same thing as if they were offline for the rest of the fixture. It is not a forfeit Merv.

In the end, activity levels and effort made to play is determining the result - and being offline from now on out obviously favours the fellowship in this match, but it is in no way a given 14-1 lol

nothing like the same, theres a big difference between waiting for the opponent to come on and knowing they wont be on, by deactivating they obviously have no intention of playing and are giving gandalf no chance of completing the fixture,
why theres been lots said about this I dont know, the way I look at it the minute the player deactivated they forfeited the rest of the games, as we've already seen this season players have got big wins due to opponents saying have the rest, a player deactivating should be the same, by deactivating they are refusing to play, games forfeited, simple lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:43 Sun 28 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
they had straight in the FPL and wasnt always played due to players that had already lost saying "cba with straight just have it", would end up the same in the FCL, also as 1 or 2 have said "its a boring game"

the league doesnt need killer or golf either tho, leave the format as it is.

Edited at 03:42 Sun 28/02/10 (GMT)

totally agree with you mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:49 Sun 28 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe have a individual merit for the clan comp say the winners of the leagues div1- div2 all qualify also the Average winner for each clan enters and maybe a few players chose from the staff. then play off until a winner is decided might be jumping the gun a bit but just a thought.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
07:52 Sun 28 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
thought i'd bring this from wipeout thread
janmb said:
gandalf said:
was 2 - 1 up against techno, world_elite or whatever his new name is gonna be

he then de-activated

14-1 to fellowship

back in match against wipeout

The result is 2-1. The outcome is for the default process to settle, according to standard rules and guidelines.

A player deactivating or getting banned is just the same thing as if they were offline for the rest of the fixture. It is not a forfeit Merv.

In the end, activity levels and effort made to play is determining the result - and being offline from now on out obviously favours the fellowship in this match, but it is in no way a given 14-1 lol

nothing like the same, theres a big difference between waiting for the opponent to come on and knowing they wont be on, by deactivating they obviously have no intention of playing and are giving gandalf no chance of completing the fixture,
why theres been lots said about this I dont know, the way I look at it the minute the player deactivated they forfeited the rest of the games, as we've already seen this season players have got big wins due to opponents saying have the rest, a player deactivating should be the same, by deactivating they are refusing to play, games forfeited, simple lol

I agree with this - deactivating is deliberately not intenting to play the game, although banning i think is different as thats not intentional
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:20 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree with their comments straight can be a boring game to play.like snooker watching someone getting a 50 break.
janmb
janmb
11:54 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
the way I look at it the minute the player deactivated they forfeited the rest of the games

And that is a misconception that dies right here and now.

A deactivation and/or banning does NOT imply a forfeited game and has never been intended to from the league hosts' perspective.

Those games, partially played or not started at all, go to default like every other game. The deactivated/banned player will necessarily suffer from bad activity in the last part of the fixture though, making the default go against them in most cases anyway.

The simple reason why this cannot be an implicit forfeit is simply that it would far too much excuse bad efforts on the part of the other player involved.

Take this simple example:
Player A is virtually not online at all for the entire fixture.
Player B is active as hell, maybe even messaging the opponent to arrange time, then gets banned or deactivates at the second last day of the fixture. In that scenario it's blatantly obvious that player A does not deserve a blanket win, and maybe not even a win at all.

Therefore, those fixtures go to defaults like every other unfinished game.

The single exception remains when a player explicitly voices the desire to forfeit a game, in-game AND on forums. We clearly can not take one player's word over that of another, so simple in-game notification won't do.

Edited at 18:03 Mon 08/03/10 (GMT)
janmb
janmb
12:02 Mon 8 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also keep in mind that having an opponent that deactivates at some point during a fixture should not excuse low activity or avoidance to play the game for the remaining player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Tue 9 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right well when madmiketyson ran the league he was the first to introduce individuals. I think it's great to have this back as it's yet another element of competition.

I wouldn't say "issues" as it has been run smoothly but some improvements need to be made to stop the possibility of cheating Nd to make it a team game. What they used to do was the captain would discuss with his / her clan about which discipline they would wish to participate in and they would then send off a list assigning 4 players to all 3 formats of pool.

It was therefore compulsory which could be controversial in some cases but I'm sure the vast majority would accept. This allows each clan to have another 3 competitions (every point ges towards clan talley) and possibly an overall table while still being an individual event.

Think this would work well and I'm sure I would have done a couple of years ago if there wasn't...complications lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Tue 9 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
A other couple of ideas for competitions.

1. A tournament counter for each clan. Every tournament won by a player is a contributor to their clans total. A system will have to be devised as some tournaments at peak times are more valuable than others. This ofcourse can include straight. Obviously another clan competition which can be stretched so uk tourns, 9ball tourns etc having leaderboard for all.

2. Individual knockout event every player is entered into a cup draw that lasts the length of the season. This is an individual event and allows lower level clan players to play high players. Seeding is ofcourse optional.

I know it's all very well me coming up with these ideas and understand it's more work and more time taken up. Which is why I would happily assist if required.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:23 Mon 15 Mar 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I wouldn't like to see competion results play a part on the overall league structure as it is unfair to teams that have players that rearly take part in such games, i would however like to see on overall individual knockout but agree that it would take alot of time to organise, i think that it would be good to get it started, you could have problems with games getting played tho and defaults would be a nightmare... good luck with it if it starts tho.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.