Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
chrisirwin09 said:
am glad notin was mentioned about throwing the davis match becuase that win was huge was steve and if it came out that higgins threw it it would be heartbreaking for the nugget

So am i
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:46 Fri 7 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
davis is a legend and you could see how much that win meant to him.. i hope higgins is found innoncent tho, becuase it will ruin a game thats on the up with barry hearn, ian dolye etc and it dosent need that kind of stuff.. espically the world number 1.. cant see him been inoncent tho espically after seeing that video
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:29 Sat 8 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
video makes it clear he wasn't innocent, although with most games if the worlds best cheats, its a slap on the wrist and away they go to play again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:16 Sat 8 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
exactly matt i think he should be punished and have a leangthy ban and if he wants to return after that period he should have the choice
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:48 Sun 9 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
chrisirwin09 said:
davis is a legend and you could see how much that win meant to him.. i hope higgins is found innoncent tho, becuase it will ruin a game thats on the up with barry hearn, ian dolye etc and it dosent need that kind of stuff.. espically the world number 1.. cant see him been inoncent tho espically after seeing that video

Sadly, and you could tell it hit Davis hard in the interviews he gave immediately after, thats something we will never know and something that is bound to niggle at Davis.

Hopefully, it will only inspire him to go for it at least one more time

At least now, if they weren't before, legit bookies will be very wary of sudden big money bets on individual frames, especially against the flow of a match, and the "underground" matchmakers won't touch anything similar.

Might actually work in favour of the game if it is proven, as who knows if it is commonplace, and indeed how commonplace.
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Championship Snooker 2010

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.