World XI. who would you pick?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:14 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
OK, so no Ashley Cole, but yes to Steven Gerrard?

And Pepe Reina, are you serious Mich?

And on form, Cristiano Ronaldo?

Right, now get that head examined
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
11:16 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Same reason Terrys being picked
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:25 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Who said I was picking mine on current form?

Form is temporary Class is permanent

Reina, 1 of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Steven Gerrard, when played in the right position and in an attacking team gives you what you want... to be honest that statement about Ashley Cole and not Gerrard is completely ridiculous.

Cristiano Ronaldo, as I said Class is permanent so he may have had a awful world cup but still an amazing player.

Gerrard and Ronaldo also at any point in the game able to turn things around.

As I said not on current form but I picked mine on the ability of the players and who I believe to be better within that position, opinions can not be wrong

And there is my defence of the team, yes I'm being serious anyone else got something to say?

Oh and Zak up there explains also why Terry is being picked class is permanent.

Where as Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson, good attackers can't defend at all, again that's my opinion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:33 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Reina is that good, that he is second choice keeper at international level?

And most people would say Ashley Cole is the best left back in the world, and unsure about Gio's defensive qualities.

And if you have watched Cole against Ronaldo, Ronaldo has been kept quiet.

Least you got a good bunch of divers in your team, good enough for the 2012 Olympics
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
12:21 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Johnson just needs some good coaching, he made a block in algeria match which keeper went wrong way for
whereas Terrys block was going right at keeper and that diving header he missed lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
welsh_boi_13 said:
Formation--- 4.3.2.1

Casillas

Sergio Ramos - Lucio - Puyol - Evra

Essien - Gerrard - Kaka

M.Ozil --- Messi

- Villa

Edited at 23:02 Fri 09/07/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
..double post
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:25 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
warney7 said:
OK, so no Ashley Cole, but yes to Steven Gerrard?

And Pepe Reina, are you serious Mich?

And on form, Cristiano Ronaldo?

Right, now get that head examined

no better keeper than pepe reina, cassilas only plays as hes a madrid player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:32 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Reina is the best keeper in the premiership

well its him or shay Given anyway
unknown_id
unknown_id
16:50 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
reina is over-rated by far, anyone forgetting the beach ball?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:16 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
unknown_id said:

lol hoping thats a sarcastic comment ...as we all know interfering in play no allowed an reina best keeper in world an i aint being biased...brilliant shot stopper and distribution like alonso
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:25 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
His distribution is the best by any keeper

Just ask any united fan
*Reina kicks*
*one bounce*
*Dossena with a lob*
*Van Der Sar stands still like a wet lemon*
*goal 4-1 *
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:29 Sat 10 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
LMSO

Sack Andy Gray, sack all the commentators, get this guy in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_-lMQQTrk
unknown_id
unknown_id
07:54 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
red4ever said:
unknown_id said:

lol hoping thats a sarcastic comment ...as we all know interfering in play no allowed an reina best keeper in world an i aint being biased...brilliant shot stopper and distribution like alonso

argueable it shouldn't have stood, although it would've been like the jabalani ball or w/e and roll under his arms so still a goal

his distribution is amazing, im wondering if he sells drugs on the sly with it that good XD
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
08:18 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
unknown_id said:
red4ever said:
unknown_id said:

argueable it shouldn't have stood, although it would've been like the jabalani ball or w/e and roll under his arms so still a goal

his distribution is amazing, im wondering if he sells drugs on the sly with it that good XD

Arguably?
No as soon as the ball hit and outside influence (in this case the beach ball) it should have been a drop ball

thats why the ref got put on championship games afterwards
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:38 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Reina is only second choice to spain because they have the world number one. i don't like liverpool, because they have some uneducated view that they're so brilliant, but reina is amazing and number 2 in the world i think. so spain are ok lol

Chec was the best a few years back but he's lost his bottle now. he's still the best shot stopper in the world in my view but he's a bit of a flapper at crosses and wont go in at attackers feet so much anymore since he had his head squashed

anyway. enough with opinions, lets talk facts. ashley cole. world number one in his position. he was one of the better performing players in the whole world cup, not just for england, entirely. it's a shame his tournament was cut short.

and glen johnson..?! for someone who has been having a complete shocker at liverpool all season, he was one of few england players who stepped up in the world cup. he was patchy, but still fantastic and arguably our best after ashley cole!

sometimes i seriously wonder if some of you lot actually watch football at all!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:45 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
LMSO

Sack Andy Gray, sack all the commentators, get this guy in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_-lMQQTrk

hahaha i wish i knew what he was singing!
unknown_id
unknown_id
10:18 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
exactly what i thought lead.

and yeah since cech's injury he has backed out more, but still in my eyes is the best keeper, the fact he's not that stable any more refering to his head, any other sort of injury like that could leave him braindead or worse shows alot of bottle to stand back into the goal.

reina may be voted the 2nd best, but cech's bottle in my eyes puts him 2nd
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
10:23 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
As long as you can stand up, you're always going to do what you love, whether in pain or not

His height gives him his advantage, he wouldn't be as good if he was smaller

Hes not the same keeper since that injury, IMO theres now many keepers much better than him

(up until those penalty nightmares Kingston was quite impressive)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:02 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Ashley Cole and Geln Johnson are more attacking minded players and their abilities suit them to be Left/Right midfield, they are not defensive players you will see 1 of them actually put about 1 good tackle in every 3 games all the others are bad tackles im not saying they arent good but they arent the best in their position.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World XI. who would you pick?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.