CM - Sneijder (Ned)
LM - Robben (Ned)

RF - Forlan (Urg)
CF - Villa (Esp)
LF - Messi (Arg)

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
mich, you might be right about glen johnson, he's not the best at tracking back, but ashley cole is. seriously, have you ever seen these players on a pitch before?! there's so many ridiculous opinions on this thread!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:56 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0N7WO2pAUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz_mgHPvuBU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1FA2e3PbCI

3 videos found withiin a few mins, which would say otherwise!

An opinion is an opinion, doesn't mean someone else's is ridiculous because you dont agree (plus you cant properly prove yours is right)
kevross
kevross
13:58 Sun 11 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
GK Casillas

RB Ramos
CB Lucio
CB Mertesacker
LB Lahm

RM Robben
CM Schweinsteiger
CM Sneijder
LM Messi

ST Torres
ST Villa
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:31 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
misleadyouth said:
mich, you might be right about glen johnson, he's not the best at tracking back, but ashley cole is. seriously, have you ever seen these players on a pitch before?! there's so many ridiculous opinions on this thread!

1. Yes I have seen these players play before
2. Because you don't agree with my opinion doesnt make it "ridiculous"
3. "Might be right about Glen Johnson" ... Dude I have a season ticket at anfield and watched him all last season when he was playing so I know what I can see.
4. My opinion on Ashley Cole is just that, my opinion, not a case of right or wrong but just what I believe.
unknown_id
unknown_id
04:36 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
what more can we say mich, johnson played with a crap team nothing he could do about it when they got slaughtered alot of the games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:09 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
A DEFENDER is meant to DEFEND, Glen Johnson is too attacking minded and gets caught out a lot, not saying he isn't a good player just saying he isnt the best right back
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:46 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
zante, i could easily find youtube vids of ashley cole doing well, that wouldn't be hard lol

and mich, seriously, defenders are meant to defend..? so you think the only function of a right/left back is to defend? again, have you ever watched football? you'll probably find most wingbacks spend about half of the game in the opositions half. if you we're ever paying attention

also, after i've agreed with you, about glen johnson, you continued to argue! yes, i know, he's been pants for liverpool. maybe the reason you don't know much about football is because of your anfield season ticket

and i'll say again, ashley cole is class!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:50 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Im pretty sure the title says "who would you pick" not "try your best to please misleadyouth and involve ashley cole in every team even if you dont rate him otherwise you obviously have no clue about football"

But then again I could be wrong ...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:13 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
ok kid don't cry!

a debate started up, so we're debating.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:16 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
its not a debate when you are saying everyones point about players is wrong if it doesn't match your
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:17 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Not crying, other wise id use this face ->

And it's not much of a debate to be fair you aren't giving many reasons why he is the best Left back in the world you are only questioining whether I watch football or not... that's not back up for your argument.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:20 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
mich we knew what we were gettin when we signed johnson though, he's always gonna give the opposition a chance the problems wev'e had with wingers tho he should of been tried
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:32 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
No I understand that i'm just saying he isnt the best right back in the world, not saying he isn't a good player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
gk casillas

rb ramos
lb coentrao
cb puyol
cb pique

rm de maria
lm robben
cm iniesta
cm xavi

st villa
st forlan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:46 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
well when you suggest that a left/right back is only on the pitch to defend, then yes i do question your knowledge. and rightly so, as that is not a matter of opinion, it's plain and simple fact that they are attacking players also, no matter what team they play in

the only back up for my argument is watching games that these players are involved in. i'll ask, who played better for england this world cup?

i think you're taking this, and youself, way too seriously though, as you're clearly getting very upset

EDIT: oh i'm not saying johnson is the best RB in the world cuz i don't think he is. he just had a good tournament for england, pinging 50yard switch passes

Edited at 14:49 Mon 12/07/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:53 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Who played best for England? Hmmm probably James Milner in my opinion then again you wouldnt agree because you are too much in love with Ashley Cole

And I never said they are ONLY on the pitch to defend, I said they are not the best of defenders which you kind of need if you are playing in defence...
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
09:56 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
RB - Johnson

misleadyouth said:
wingbacks
misleadyouth said:
maybe the reason you don't know much about football

Hang on, I said play him as a full back, not a wing back.
Who's the one that doesn't know much about football?

And you said Ashley cole is the best left back, hes good yeah, but there are plenty that are better at tracking back and he makes a lot of mistakes (was saved a few times from giving freekicks away on the edge of the box for fouls by offside decisions in this world cup IF you bothered watching it)

And the PRIMARY role of a defender is to defend, but it is not limited to defending so they may go forward with an attack
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:59 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
misleadyouth - Next England Manager!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:07 Mon 12 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
master_p00l said:
misleadyouth - Next England Manager!

No other England manager has a clue about the game so he would fit right in
Pages: 12
Unable to post