IPhone Vs. Blackberry

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:24 Thu 7 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Dunno if there's a thread about these already...

I want a new mobile and Im not sure which is the best one to go for, I had an IPhone but I broke it (It was the one before the latest one) the connection was slow at times which was annoying, never owned a Blackburry but Ive heard good things about them.

Can anyone give any advice?
Cheers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:30 Fri 8 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Blackberry Enough said....
the_champ9
the_champ9
13:53 Fri 8 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Ive got Samsung Galaxy S and I think its better then Blackberry or iPhone.
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:48 Fri 8 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ The Galaxy S is definitely the top of the "fun gadget" phones for me just now. It's intergration with Samsungs other devices, especially the DNLA ones, is excellent.

However, because work must come first, and because of it's unbeatable email handling and web access, I use a blackberry.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:03 Fri 8 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Blackberry FTW! It cannot be beaten by the iPhone in any category. It's touch screen capability is better than the iphone. Much less fiddly than an iPhone apart from curve which is a poor model. Blackberry's also handle web access much better than iPhones. Another thing to look at is simply the cost! You can get up to £70 a month contracts for iPhones which is simply ridiculous! Downside to blackberry's = resale value, software sometimes freezes. Upside to blackberry's = Ease of internet capability, cheaper, less common, BBM. Downside of iPhone = Poor quality, dropped at certain angle completely ruins it. Fragile, Frustrating and fiddly touch screen. Upside of iPhone = Large screen, app store is better than BB store.

Oh yeah, i used to be assistant manager at phones4u, i know my stuff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:08 Fri 8 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Depends on the iphone....

4g I absolutely adore better than any phone Ive used or seen before! Miles better than 3gs.
joker86
joker86
23:15 Fri 8 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I have the Sony Ericsson X10, better than both in my opinion.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:39 Thu 14 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers for the feedback guys
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
15:02 Sat 16 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i have the iphone 3g and Jailbroken 4.1 firmware.

To be honnest, if i didnt have the jailbreak, i dont think that id bother with an iphone, i have multi tasking, video, game center, i have everything that all the other iphones have, but the retina display.

Id suggest an iphone
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
16:45 Sat 16 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
iPhone 3gs...unlocked....jailbroken....superb! Mega fast phone, graphics awesome and choices of apps are amazing!

iPhone FTW!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:51 Sat 16 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Htc Hd2.... Possibly worst phone ever...

Wouldn't mind an Iphone though although I have heard bad things about both but my sister has a strawberry and my dad has an eyephone and the Iphone is much more fun!
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:45 Mon 18 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting to see the iPhone 3 mentioned - spoke to a friend of mine who is a big apple fan at the weekend and he has ditched the iPhone 4 to go back to the 3. He reckons its a much better phone all round.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:47 Mon 18 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I was gonna jailbreak my old iphone, But someone told me you have to keep it charged 24-7, and if you let the battery die you have to jailbreak it again? not sure how true that is

And the thing with the new iphones, I heard if you hold it a certain way, you cant get on the Internet 8-/

.................................................................................................

(Just a quick one about Itunes)
Ive been looking everywhere on the internet how to solve this problem but Im having no luck, everything was fine on my laptop, then I connected it to me TV, since then Itunes wont work, Ive re-installed it with QuickTime player and the same message keeps coming up, "Itunes has stopped working"
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Mon 18 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I forgot to add - Itunes works on the guest account.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:15 Mon 18 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner said:
Interesting to see the iPhone 3 mentioned - spoke to a friend of mine who is a big apple fan at the weekend and he has ditched the iPhone 4 to go back to the 3. He reckons its a much better phone all round.

Good to see i've got some fans
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
12:41 Tue 19 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
pitbull_pete said:
I was gonna jailbreak my old iphone, But someone told me you have to keep it charged 24-7, and if you let the battery die you have to jailbreak it again? not sure how true that is

And the thing with the new iphones, I heard if you hold it a certain way, you cant get on the Internet 8-/

.................................................................................................

(Just a quick one about Itunes)
Ive been looking everywhere on the internet how to solve this problem but Im having no luck, everything was fine on my laptop, then I connected it to me TV, since then Itunes wont work, Ive re-installed it with QuickTime player and the same message keeps coming up, "Itunes has stopped working"
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

If you jailbreak it then you need to install "cydia" onto it, and them from cydia you need to install "installous" which allows you to download all apps for free. And the part about when the battery dies is complete crap lol

The part about the internet only applys to the iPhone 4 and they have brought out a case for it which gives it a boost to the signal so you dont lose connection.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:26 Sat 23 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
apples_back said:
spinner said:

he could have meant mich too, he is nicknamed "apple" too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:00 Sat 23 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
apples_back said:
spinner said:

he could have meant mich too, he is nicknamed "apple" too

James what you on about, nobody is a fan of Mich
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:28 Tue 25 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
flapjack said:

To be honnest, if i didnt have the jailbreak, i dont think that id bother with an iphone, i have multi tasking, video, game center, i have everything that all the other iphones have, but the retina display.

Id suggest an iphone

I jailbroke my ipod with 4.2.1 firmwire, I could only download certain apps tho, why is that ? did I not set it up correctly?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:37 Wed 26 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
pitbull_pete said:
flapjack said:

Id suggest an iphone

I jailbroke my ipod with 4.2.1 firmwire, I could only download certain apps tho, why is that ? did I not set it up correctly?

Argh, Now some of my app's that I brought arnt working
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

IPhone Vs. Blackberry

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.