rubber_duck
18:42 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
What the hell has happened??? All tournys are ranked!! Not so keen on it
nick
nick
Admin
18:48 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
al_ said:
when u enter a tourny - presumably you are placing 20 of ur own tournapoints in the pot so ur total will reduce by 20 pts if u dont make semi final??

No, the points are not taken from your total.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:50 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
why not Nick?
nick
nick
Admin
18:56 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Because this isn't the intention of this competition.

An analogy is real life competitions with the TournaPoints being the cash prizes. The prizes are put up by the tournament hosts.
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
19:00 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nick i know you have done a great job on this site but i think you have gone a step too far with making ALL tournys ranked and not being able to stick at 800 which is what most people do. 50/50 would be a better idea for ranked and unranked.
nick
nick
Admin
19:08 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why not just not worry about the ranking?

I don't see international football teams moan about world cup games because of their FIFA ranking.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:10 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ok thanks Nick - I guess those that do alot of tournies and are good will do well in Tournapoints. Those that just play ranked (outside of tournies) will win less pts if they win and lose less pts if they lose. Is 1000 pts achievable now in any format with double pts on offer - I doubt it........

Good changes - very positive about 100% ranked tournies....
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
19:12 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Why not just not worry about the ranking?

I don't see international football teams moan about world cup games because of their FIFA ranking.

Thats not the point though, this is not FIFA...this is FunkyPool. People like to stick at 800 to get the "Proffesional" to come up when they are in a friendly game. Personally im not that bothered about rank but some people obviously are.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:12 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
and you shouldnt be able to stick at a specified ranking such as 800. In real life ur ranking changes based on games played / time spans / current form etc etc. It has never made sense to stick at 800 rubber _ duck
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
19:16 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wasnt talking to you al.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
u said in your comments that sticking at 800 is what most people do - I was adding general chat to forum page where anyone can air their views. Most people do not stick at 800 but there are a few who like to.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Internet games are just all about fun. There's no need for it to be taken so seriously. I like the idea of ranked tournies and TournaPoints. It adds a whole new dimension to the site and will make the tournies a lot more competitive.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think if someone is good enough to get 800 they should be good enough to keep it if not that shows an untrue reflection of their ability in my opinion. Good addition bringing that in I think.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:24 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
al_ said:
and you shouldnt be able to stick at a specified ranking such as 800. In real life ur ranking changes based on games played / time spans / current form etc etc. It has never made sense to stick at 800 rubber _ duck

I totally agree with that!
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
19:25 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah sorry im having a bad day, just exploded lol. Its just a stat that people like to keep, dont see what is wrong with sticking at 800 as most people like to do it.
spoonie
spoonie
19:39 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Personally i like the update, i think that tournapoints make tournaments something worth playing for and also if theyre ranked adds extra enthusiasm into the games, Brilliant update..

Can i suggest something to add to this update?
unknown_id
unknown_id
19:42 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick there are many ways to improve tournys, not just degrading them using the ranked option.

Time limits changing i agree with - the other options i will get back to you on, many that i believe would benifit would be too much java coding for yourself to do.
spoonie
spoonie
19:44 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Perhaps adding a Weekly tournament which requires a certain amount of Tournapoints to enter (this consequently takes them from your tournapoint balance) pretty much like gambling your tournapoints.

Also would your tournapoint balance show you your daily, weekly and monthly score and re-set at midnight GMT or some other time?
nick
nick
Admin
20:16 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, the day, week, month scores will all finish at midnight UK time.

It could alternatively deduct points and become gambling style, but it's deliberately an accumulated stat now - similar to most wins.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.