New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
21:22 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
How do the points work out then? More people enter the more points there are?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:49 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Possibly changed on this latest update, only noticed it today, but the people on the Friends' list is higher than it usually is and the Remove button is just in plain text rather than in a designated button...

Having finally understood it all (took me a while lol): I love the tournaPoints idea, the whole idea of double points and every tournament being ranked I seriously dislike though. I would prefer if you had it how it was, so the odd tournament would be ranked but every tournament had tournaPoints on offer. Many people disliked Ranked tournaments, but now that it's double, I think many more will like them a lot less and I will be in that category, I entered tournaments for fun, I never cared or bothered with ranked because I knew I'd get too competitive about it and would just get frustrated, so I know it would be even more frustrating now.

EDIT: I was being blonde and forgot how to read...

Edited at 21:16 Mon 22/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
9 Ball Pool Ranked Tournament - cutting_edge (1) loses to wannabegood (2)
RANKINGS: wannabegood 749.6 (+6.9), cutting_edge 790.0 (-6.6)

9 Ball Pool Ranked Tournament - cutting_edge (1) loses to wannabegood (1)
RANKINGS: wannabegood 742.7 (+7.2), cutting_edge 796.6 (-6.9)

what a complete utter joke this site as now become lost 13.5 points in two game

i am now NEVER entering a tourney on here till you CHANGE IT TO HOW IT WAS

WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WASNT BROKE
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:31 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i can beat that, playing a player known as 0ngbak, who is ridiculously ranked in low 600's even though has won a gd few tourny's, took nearly 20 points off my 9 ball, shocking new format
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:46 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Someone like 0ngbak will realise his true ranking soon welshdragon as he is very good player who deliberately keeps his ranks low. If he resets then he won't be able to enter tourny until n00b period ended.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:49 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
why do people put n00b instead of noob?

blink and welsh imagine entering an original tournament on snooker you lose 12 by losing 1 frame of normal ranked from a 700 player when your 800, in this format it would be 24 points a game you would be losing and gaining only 6-8 points per game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:56 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgen i dont play snooker so that dont mean a thing to me

this is a complete utter joke nick

the tourneys and rank games have WORKED WELL for OVER 7 years so why the hell change something that wasnt BROKEN
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:11 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
cutting_edge said:
dgen i dont play snooker so that dont mean a thing to me

this is a complete utter joke nick

the tourneys and rank games have WORKED WELL for OVER 7 years so why the hell change something that wasnt BROKEN

I must agree, I had a nice rant written to explain MY feelings and opinions but it was erased due to me being logged in for 20 minutes on same page. But long rant short, the game has lost its family friendly touch, and the ego filled cry babies need to get over themselves. I don't play the game like I used to, I haven't played properly in several months, and its reasons like this why. I'll keep an eye on the site like I have been and hope something changes to restore the luster that I believe funkypool has lost.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:30 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why are people moaning if ''it's just an online site'' Get over it...If you don't wanna lose rank...Don't play..Simple!
Lets see if opinion's change when they win a torny eh?

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:33 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
my view aint going to change kayleigh as i aint entering any more till nick changes it back to the way tourneys were for 7 years

this site is called FUNkypool not SERIOUSpool
nick
nick
Admin
23:33 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Having different games ranked or not does not change whether the game is "family friendly" or "a joke", this only changes things in the perspective of people's minds, either those who wish to pick and choose ranked games, or want to use tournaments as some sort of extended friendly where your performance is ignored.

The inverse of the logic applied above is that rankings should be removed to make the game more family friendly. Should we not record wins and losses either?

The silent overwhelming majority are playing on regardless, either not bothered by controlling their rank score so precisely or ready to meet this as a new challenge.

Each change made has 24-72 hours of a vocal minority threatening to leave the site or coming out with a tired cliche saying it wasn't broke. This emotional response is interesting but it's not constructive and it will burn out soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:36 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
well nick it wasnt broke tho so why the hell did you change it?

the old system worked for 7 years
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:46 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
The silent overwhelming majority are playing on regardless, either not bothered by controlling their rank score so precisely or ready to meet this as a new challenge.

Despite me being against the idea of double-ranked tournaments, I will remain playing them, I would just prefer it were there chances to play ranked and friendly tournaments, maybe having every other one ranked or something as such (obviously it would be difficult because of the way the tournaments lie, but something of that sort, even if the majority were ranked, I would like some friendly tournaments to remain).

Dan, if Nick had that attitude then the site wouldn't have changed at all-it worked perfectly well how it was, but plenty has changed that has made it better, despite every time something comes in people being against it. Granted, changing the ranking like this is quite a major change, but it doesn't mean it's a change for the worse at all.

Edited at 21:49 Mon 22/11/10 (GMT)
eemad
eemad
23:47 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
cutting_edge said:

Lets revert back to how the site was 7 years ago as nothing was broke and see how you like it then.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:49 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
eemad said:
cutting_edge said:

Lets revert back to how the site was 7 years ago as nothing was broke and see how you like it then.

Stole exactly what I just edited in!
nick
nick
Admin
23:51 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
cutting_edge said:

Please be constructive, what exactly do you thing is flawed?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:53 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would it not be possible to have two tournments every hour, one ranked, one friendly? keep everyone happy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:56 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:
Would it not be possible to have two tournments every hour, one ranked, one friendly?

I did think about suggesting that, but it would depend on how big the split would be between the two, if it was introduced, especially at some times where tournaments only have a few rounds due to the lack of people joining. As an extreme, it might end up everyone joining the ranked and only one/two person(s) joining the friendly (or vice-versa).

Or people would just be tempted to enter both and we may see a number of DQ's, especially in the friendly tournament if that happens.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:21 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Constructive stuff I hope.....

Tournapoints should reflect the 'difficulty' nature of the tournie as well as the number of entrants. One off or random games and / or speed games should have less tournapoints per entrant (maybe 10 instead of 20) more luck less skill to a degree in one off games. Longer tournies shud attract more points (like world rankings in snooker / pool where the more difficult to win tournies attract more tournapoints) (cash prize equivalent).

Tournies could be seeded up to 1/4 finals..

Thoughts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
cutting_edge said:

Please be constructive, what exactly do you thing is flawed?

all the tourneys are ranked

i like to enter tourneys for fun and now i cant do that as i will be lose rank points which i lost in RANKED GAMES

bring back the FUN in FUNkypool

this game as gone way too serious nowadays

may aswell change the site to seriouspool.com now as its not fun no more with all tourneys been ranked
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.