Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12425
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:37 Wed 15 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
spinner said:
podgoricanin said:
Just to me doesn't seem fair to lose your rank in toruney if u are through next round. You won toruney but lost ranking anyway (what is the point of winning it then).

There still seems this confusion in linking tournament progress with rank, when the two are not linked at all.

Rank is an indication of form across all games.

Someone who reaches the final without a loss is logically on better form than someone who just scrapes through each round by one frame.

Therefore, though both progress equally in the tournament, one gains more rank than the other based on their performance.

i dont understand this either - surely the two are linked when it is double ranking points being won or lost

ie - if you played the same people you did in a tourney in regular ranked matches then your ranking wouldnt be the same as if you had played them in a tourney - i think lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:55 Wed 15 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi Nick

Any chance of any super marathon tournies in UK and 8 US

say first to 4 up to last 16

up to 5 for 1/4 and semi

and up to 7 for final

with super tournapoints for those that like tournapoints (not me lol)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:32 Thu 23 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi Nick

Just played a 12 man killer game - felt like a tournament - many vg players - we discussed killer tournaments in chat during game

an idea came forth.....

Any game of killer that has 12 or more players could be regarded as a tournie - 1.5 x killer normal rank

Last three players split ranking points 70% 20% 10%

plus tournapoints could be added - 30 pts a player - 15 players = 450 tournapoints up for grabs split 70/20/10

Thoughts...........????
eaglestrike
eaglestrike
00:43 Thu 23 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
HI Nick,i thing thats a very good idea with that new way of playing killer game,at least you can talk about this with the rest of the team in funkypool,its much better for the last 3 players to earn somepoints, depending on there place they finished,12 players and more is like a mini tourney,waiting for your thoughts,cheers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:47 Thu 23 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think its already been diluted enough with random and straight tourneys, be mini golf tourny next , just play proper pool games !!!
eemad
eemad
13:04 Fri 24 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Still think we need a couple of friendly tournaments stuck in. What harm can it do if there is nothing up for grabs (not even a stat on your profile)

Just so people can have a laugh in a tourny without having to take it so seriously with rank.
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
00:09 Sat 1 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Getting kinda boring now same person who is on a mojority of the day winning tournapoints. I will have to go on the dole to stand a chance of winning these days.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:54 Sat 1 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
_k1rk_ said:
Getting kinda boring now same person who is on a mojority of the day winning tournapoints. I will have to go on the dole to stand a chance of winning these days.
,I totally agree,on the dole or retired and i aint disrespecting anyone,iam jealous.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:31 Sat 1 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
As I understand it, it could be possible to calculate using some sort of average points per tournament played basis.

Remembering back to when Killer was first brought in, anything which is based on pure accumulation is potentially not the fairest system in allowing the majority to compete on an even level.
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
04:34 Sat 1 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's not as if ucy isnt a bad player, i highly rate him myself it's just he gets on a lot more than most.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:50 Mon 7 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
To be honest, I love the way the calculations are done, and I love the new tournament ranking system.

But I also like the idea al_ and his friends came up to about killer pool rankings. It would be great if first three or at least 2 get points. not sure about the three or four player games, though. Those would probably have to be ranked like they're done at the moment.

To sum up, yeah I like the new system and I'm up for upgrading the killer pool ranking system a bit, even though I'm not sure if this is the topic to post it in, anyway.
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
02:14 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
As we have been playing on here a while now since tournapoints was introduced, i can only see one improvement needed atm.
And that is the amount of tournapoints for specific tournaments, mainly the marathons.

Now marathon tournies were the real favorite ones on the site esp the old UK one at night in my eyes and now i find myself avoiding them if im on for winning the daily tournapoints, and simply because not many people enter them because it takes so long and therefore other people get ahead in the time it takes u to win that tournament and then because not many enter them now you end up not winning many points even if you win it.

Only suggestion id make if possible is increase the points for each person joining, like it's 20 now for regular tournies so increase to 30 or even 40 for marathons so there is point in playing them. Marathons are big tournies and the tournapoints should represent that imo. Feel free to add your opinions it's just my 2 pence worth lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:21 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
K1rk-suggested this a while back and I think it needs to be changed too. Everyone goes for the quicker tournaments because the effort and time in winning a marathon isn't represented by the points.

Could do it the way K1rk suggested or multiply tournapoints at the start by frames...
tournapoints (x1) micros, randoms, speed
(x2) normal
(x3) marathon

I like the marathons and when games are over more frames it's much less likely to get fluke results so the best player on the day normally does win them but say with 32 people you're getting the same points for winning 5 frames in a speed tourney as you get for winning 18 frames in a marathon with the same people.
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:48 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Makes perfect sense. Put simply, winning a marathon should be worth notably more points than winning all the other tournaments during its duration.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:44 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
an idea then...

Speed/Micro - 10 points per entry
Normal - keep at 20
Marathon - put to 30 or 40.

i suggested on snooker a while ago then up the tournapoints for games which aren't popular, probably see no issue on pool as its more or less same table.
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
19:38 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds ok to me, what's the top man say?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
_k1rk_ said:
Sounds ok to me, what's the top man say?

i agree
nick
nick
Admin
22:58 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree.

One thing is though, TournaPoints need to be in multiples of 20 per entry to ensure that there is no fraction amount of points given (of course it could round up / down to nearest point).

So it might be best to choose proportions as dgeneratio said, but doubled:
Speed/micro: 20
Normal: 40
Marathon: 60

Added for discussion on snooker too:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/8132/tournapoints-changes-more-for-marathons-less-for-speed
_k1rk_
_k1rk_
23:02 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good to me
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:02 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
either way, looks good nick

it means people have more chance in marathons too paticularly in types where its not very popular.
Pages: 12425
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.