FBL Discussion and News thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12526
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:18 Tue 30 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
What's the thoughts on splitting into 2 divisions after this season?
FCL will finish in about 3 weeks and FBL will still have 2 months to run.
We would get promotion and relegation into it as well then and with new clans joining seems the obvious thing to do.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:19 Tue 30 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
on snooker i always said if we got 8 clans or more i would do 2 divisions, seems like good idea, at the same time though its one of the things what separate FCL from FBL as well as format
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:37 Tue 30 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm all for splitting it. If you have let's say 8 clans, you make 2 divisions of 4 and everyone plays each other twice (6 fixtures per team for the season). That's 12 weeks. Not bad.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
21:06 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i think it should run at the same kinda time as fcl as by the time fcl starts again fbl will be endin soo thats what i think anyway
dextr
dextr
03:26 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
We will be Going to a Two Tier Set up for next season with promotion and relegation most likely 2 up 2 down or a play off between second bottom Div 1 vs 2nd top Div 2.
dextr
dextr
05:46 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I am considering to have this season finish with each clan playing eachother once only so we can implement the new set up and get a more competitive league system up and running..Need feedback on this asap so we know if it is agreed..(at current system league wont finish till late november).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:54 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm all for it, even though itis a seperate league from FCL things would work so much better with both leagues starting and finishing at the same time.
One division carries on far too long if we ended this one when we've played one game each we can get a 2 division set up ready to tie in with the start of next season FCL
For the new teams looking to join they have much more chance if they don't have to wait 2 months as well
dextr
dextr
06:00 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Lee whats your thoughts on the promotion/relegation for new set up. A straight 2 up 2 down or a play off?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:05 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it should be same as FCL
-new clans start in division 2
-straight 2 up 2 down if there are no folding clans and no new clans
-even out the leagues within reason so we've got the same numbers in both
dextr
dextr
06:31 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL last fixture set will be released on the 7th of this month and the deadline will be the 18th. It will overlap on current fixtures for some clans but we can then crown the champion for this season and move on to a new league structure that will be more competitive and rewarding than current set up. I thank all member clans for participating in this season and hope to see you all back for next season.
flawless
flawless
06:55 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
So if the deadline for last fixture is 18th, FBL will be starting roughly same time with FCL?

Dextr has asked me to post here to give my opinion on the FBL discussion going ahead.

Erm well i not really into FBL but it is fun but yes i think that it should be split into two divisions for next season, straight 2 up 2 down as like the FCL.
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
07:05 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
well i like jays idea but how will you reckon who will be going where?

Would you have 7 in each group? and new people add on in to div 2 ? but we could have a cup? like 1 of each type?

for example :

dvz vs flawless

8 us 1 - 0

9 us 0 - 1

8 uk 1 - 0

straight 1 - 0

overall 3 - 1

and you could have 6 aside so you have 9 subs if needed?
flawless
flawless
07:08 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Work out the divisions that is easy split up teams in it just now top half table div 1 bottom div 2

say 2 teams join take 2 from div 2 and moved up to div 1
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
07:09 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
my thought exactly
flawless
flawless
07:15 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
James why didnt you say that then, instead you write a load of cods wallop a cup? i dont think FBL would suite having a cup to be honest. Would make it too much like FCL. They supposed to be diffrent
dextr
dextr
07:16 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
A cup format is plausable but that will be worked out during the closed season. Atm we have 9 clans in fbl and if as expected i think there could be a total of 12 if all pass the pre season friendlies. So it would be two leagues of 6 just have to wait and see who puts name forward.
flawless
flawless
07:22 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If all pass then you could work them out in to there divisions by the score they won by in there fixture(s) to qualify to play in FBL.

Example:

Wolf Pack (20) vs (18) UB's
Wolf Pack (22) vs (16) Mouseketeers

Wolf pack win both they would qualify for division one.

Only a thought
dextr
dextr
07:29 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If a new clan passes and enters the league they will be a Div 2 clan regardless. I have never liked the idea that because a clan has better players should get preferential treatment and allowed into division 1.
flawless
flawless
07:35 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes but on any given day a clan will mediocre players can still win over a clan with good players hence why luck was invented dextr was a suggestion none the less
dextr
dextr
07:56 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah mate very true it will be fair and the stamp of approval put on when justified
Pages: 12526
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL Discussion and News thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.