Clan match quitters

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:10 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I know what you mean Lee and we have actually been talking about bringing in stricter rules for defaulters.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:41 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers Kev, think the prelims need to be either classed as part of the season or covered by a different set of rules because there is a big loophole there.
The players cost their clan much more than just a game and can't be punished as it is.
The other idea is that players who actually log out once a game has started should lose the rest of the frames in that fixture.
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
16:05 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
The other idea is that players who actually log out once a game has started should lose the rest of the frames in that fixture.

This would be a very difficult one to prove, that a player actually logged out. There may be underlying issues as to why the player was logged out!

The other side of the coin being that if a playert was logged out through no fault of their own, only to find out that the opposing player has been awarded all of the remaining matches, will not be very happy!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:09 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
if its only the current frame its not bad.

we had a case on snooker recently where 1 player disconnected being 40 points in front but the opponent chose to take the frame anyway so nothing we could do about that.

i agree leaving midway through is wrong but got to think outside the box, has this person gone out of frustration or for important reason?

its same as conceding a fixture which also isn't allowed.

in case of defaults we note all this if it happens and if its true it goes against that player.
doubted2
doubted2
16:10 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
preseason reliability games should or as far as i was concerned are part of the season.
that is the whole point isnt it, captains showing they can cope with problems vice captains stepping in, just dont understand all the is it or isnt it regards these games, probably the most important games in a season,

deciding which teams are in which divisions, honestly i dont get it, its a no brainer how important it is

however were the problems are have still not being sorted season after season teams who should no better not playing games till the last minute

2 full weeks to play 15 players i ask you

now the controversial point i make and im sure a reaction,
do teams leave games till the last minute so when subs are made its the captain putting any player in who is online rather than one of his better players just to get the game played, surley at times this is penalising there team

i suggest all games played in the first 7 days should get double points and any remaing games left the team who picked a player who is offline for 4 to 5 days of the first week should have to make a sub

the argument back could be the captain didnt no when picking the player for the fixture that he was on holiday ect
it dosnt matter your team can have 15 players every aspect is covered, there is no excuses
doubted2
doubted2
16:13 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
another one everytime a player has a match to play he should message the opponent, post this on the thread , if no reponse is made evidence is there penalise or sub the player who didnt message

this will tidy the defaults very quickly and will help show reliable and unreliable players to both the league and the clan captains

i wouldve put this on dicussions but it always gets capped

Edited at 13:22 Sat 09/07/11 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:16 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I would agree with suspensions/bans for players who leave games (repeatedly) and don't finish them.
However, it is the captain's fault for adding these unreliable players in the first place. If we know that people tend to do this (and we now have a rough idea about who does) don't let them in your clan and don't put them in fixtures!!
Captains have to make sure they play reliable players...
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:21 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i like idea of double points it gives people an incentive to play quickly, obviously some things can't be helped but if people could play in 1st week then it gives you and your team a boost.

ex.

i play antione in 1st week lose 9-6 (converted into 18-12)
and say tratter plays kev in 2nd week and wins 10-5 (still 10-5 due to playing in 2nd week) so even in a losing effort you can boost up the rankings.

obviously we would need more feedback from other clan members and kev specifically but seems a good idea.

only negative things about it is, the site would need a complete rewiring to handle the double points etc so if it got implemented i would suggest next season to give kenny time to try and code it (its hard work). also it would uneven the table.

also if it got implemented i would suggest getting rid of bonus points as you get bonuses anyway and maybe a big task to come back from.
doubted2
doubted2
16:24 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
how about just the simple one of messaging and posting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:27 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
People log out all the time because they are playing baddly and their opponent is on form though Jim and if they come back and make an effort to play the game at a later date when they are playing well nothing in the rules stop that and the fixture turns around.
The players who play the game properly lose out and this is the case with 9/10 log outs in clan matches.
As dextr said don't you get a different message with connection fails?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:30 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There is just simply no way of differentiating between people who log out because of form and people who genuinely have to leave...
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:31 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
it depends really.

sometimes when you log out it comes with "so and so is not responding" but other times it logs you out straight away.

on a disconnect it always says "so and so is not responding"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:33 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
simple message sorry can we stop after this 1 and play another day i got go walk the chicken lol, not hard.

maybe have a thread for part games to be posted on so both players can post to say game stopped will resume both partys happy and if not posted or agreed then punishments acordingly.
doubted2
doubted2
16:36 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
good aswell
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:41 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
can post that on results thread

i agree with the message though but if electric goes or get disconnected then the message goes up in smoke unless you know your getting it beforehand.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You agree to play the match beforehand you get a fortnight to agree a suitable time and make sure you have enough electric.
If it's something like that then the player should be back on to finish pretty much immediately.
I could have done it against thorstein when I was having a mare last season left at 6-2 down came back on and still got a decent result as I have seen lots of other people do but I don't agree with that and lost 13-2.
Again 9/10 log outs in games are frustration log outs. I guarantee if you brought in the rule about losing the rest of frames you would virtually never see it happen.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:18 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
"make sure you have enough electric"?? Do I have to collect it or something lol?
ok, you might punish some people that do it due to form, but what do you think about punishing those who have a power cut (i've heard such things can happen )
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:23 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
you know what i mean though, trying to cover it from every angle.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:29 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
allways a back up

whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:32 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
you know what i mean though, trying to cover it from every angle.
lol i was quoting the guy after you.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan match quitters

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.