Playstation Network Hacked =(

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
03:36 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sony to make a statement tomorrow...it better include more accurate information than before:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20110430/tc_pcworld/sonyexectoaddressplaystationnetworkoutage
joker86
joker86
03:44 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
According to Sky News - Sony, which is part of Sony Corp, said it hoped to restore some of the PlayStation network's services within a week.

Also just to point out that in their process of sorting this out, there is no doubt they will make the network far more secure as before.

My main question to Sony is that we all know they have the ability to make the Playstation network extremely secure from a security breach, Why didn't they do this from day 1 or did they think what they had was enough?
joker86
joker86
03:50 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
_pro__frog_ said:
Sony to make a statement tomorrow...it better include more accurate information than before:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20110430/tc_pcworld/sonyexectoaddressplaystationnetworkoutage

Cheers.

Worked it out to be at 5am UK time
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
fry06
fry06
13:01 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
We all have too much time on our hands
joker86
joker86
17:19 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
People can still use the other features on the PS3 console (Games, Blu-ray, DVD, Internet Browsing and many more), it's not like we have to send it back for repair or anything.

Just to bump it up - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/01/some-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/ Statement from Sony Corp
joker86
joker86
18:15 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Found this over on snooker and I simply couldn't put it better myself..........

youngjeezy said:
jack_pot said:
Sometimes it doesn't matter how well protected stored information is, there will always be a vulnerability which can be exploited. So I don't think Sony can take any of the blame for this.

No matter what website or network you register on, the administrator/owner can never guarantee that your information is 100% secure. The only guarantee they can make is that they will try their hardest to prevent your account & personal details from being compromised.

Well put.

It takes two to tango, so to speak. Everybody should know your details are at risk of being exposed when you sign up to any site/subscription. And Playstation are losing money/customers by the hour, i think it's in their best interests to get it up A.S.A.P.

Any new news, please post it here if you see it.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
20:01 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The new firmware for the PS3 will require you to change your password, but im also very interested in this...

As an apology to PlayStation owners, Sony said it would give them a variety of goodwill gifts. A selection of downloadable content will be offered to users at no charge. Every user will receive 30 free days of PlayStation Plus premium service.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:24 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Good response from Sony, giving free DLC and their Premium service trial.

Sony must have lost quite a bit of money through this.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
22:52 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
hmmm yeah then may lose money but for all the hastle they have cause people because of their own mistakes then this seems like something they have to do
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
10:47 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
what do you get from their premium service thats different to their normal one?

For the DLC, will you get things like map packs? or will you get indie games and things?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:59 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ive heard they hacked into German, Holland, Spanish accounts, and it may be back on today.

don't count me on that though.
joker86
joker86
16:05 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I have never really done too much with the DLC and never had the premium service, this will definitely be a great gift for me.

I did hear that they are working day and night to get it back up and running ASAP, and it could be today or tomorrow but don't get your hopes up yet as they are trying their hardest to make it 100% before putting it back online.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:26 Wed 4 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There was another hack prior to the one we were originally told about. This one involved the Sony PC Games Network

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/sony-admits-second-security-breach-with-data-theft-from-25m-more-users-2278505.html
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
10:45 Wed 4 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ever since they declared this so called 'War' on hackers, they havn't really been doing to well on winning this war
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
00:53 Thu 5 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
flapjack said:
Ever since they declared this so called 'War' on hackers, they havn't really been doing to well on winning this war

lol i've seen a bigger war between xbox and PS3 users...i swear they must be getting somewhere now

PSN offline for one whole week
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
10:45 Thu 5 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont think one of the two will ever dominate, they all have their good points and their bad points. I always think that ps3's are for posher people because they look fancier

But xbox's are for everyone, and are enjoyable for all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:24 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
11:23 Sun 15 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
PSN is now back up apparently :D (in most countries)
You need an update too, and apparently they were hacking it through Amazon servers that they rented out, i think it was their cloud or something.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Playstation Network Hacked =(

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.