Playstation Network Hacked =(

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
2hot2pot
2hot2pot
17:47 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Has any one seen in the paper and stuff the playstation network has been hacked and for every one who payed for map packs and other features on games has lost thier money and I have to make a new account now
joker86
joker86
18:34 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
From what I heard, Sony has advised users to change their password immediately but this can not be done until the PSN comes back online.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
19:03 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
This is not the same hacker as before, the one before was known as Geohotz, (George Hotz)

Ill put a link to what he said, as its too long and exceed the character amount

http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/04/geohot-im-not-crazy-to-hack-psn.html

George Hotz said:
And to anyone who thinks I was involved in any way with this, I'm not crazy, and would prefer to not have the FBI knocking on my door........hacking into someone elses server and stealing databases of user info is not cool. You make the hacking community look bad, even if it is aimed at douches like Sony.

Also admitting he is a hacker:
George Hotz said:
hacking into someone elses server and stealing databases of user info is not cool. You make the hacking community look bad, even if it is aimed at douches like Sony.

Its interesting to see the conflict between the hackers and Sony, i found it all out via twitter, and the covering web website: http://www.coveringweb.com/

I also posted a bit more on this other thread about george in the spoiler:
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/17704/portal-2-xbox-360

But as it seems, Sony have new hacker(s) on their hands, and sadly looks like it could be down for quite a while until they get the situation under their control.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sonys own fault really.
joker86
joker86
20:17 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah they could have prevented this a long time ago. I really hope they get this sorted, quickly.
2hot2pot
2hot2pot
20:20 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Geohotz is such a nerd! Haha nice rap LOL at that it realy made me laugh :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:48 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Congratulations to crackers who made it, mostly because no1 in the world has an idea on who it could have been.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:16 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Could be down for up to another week all because sony did not encrypt personal details properly, although they say they did save credit card details securely. No one is exactly sure of the details cause of so many rumours on sites such as twitter.
nickh87
nickh87
02:13 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Also check your bank statement as they possibly had access to bank details aswell, heard that on the news the other day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
is why its better to use a credit card online as its insured , debit card asking for trouble
punkpoet
punkpoet
17:21 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
any1 know when its gonna be back up?
joker86
joker86
17:48 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing has been confirmed yet but I wouldn't expect it to be back up in the next day or so (maybe week, maybe longer).

As far as I'm concerned, if it means taking weeks or more to get it perfect, so be it!
fry06
fry06
17:49 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Should have had a 360
joker86
joker86
17:57 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
No way! I have had my PS3 for 3 years, I would have had 5 360's in that time

Although I believe they have improved?

This happens at the end of the day, I would advise all PS3 users to keep their eyes open for any updates, as will I.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:34 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Had my xbox for about 3 years, only had red ring problem once, took it to the shop i got it from and they said it was a problem with a batch of elites, gave me a new one and a new warranty for free and was back set up within an hour.

An xbox live has always been a high(ish) quality of online play, whereas the PSN used to be awful

Im happy with my choice
stueyy
stueyy
19:37 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Solution to this problem.

Get an Xbox
joker86
joker86
19:55 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Got more of a chance me getting a forth hand PsOne.

My brother had the xbox and had nothing but trouble, whilst I am having great fun on my PS3.

This particular problem is the online ONLY, there is absolutely nothing wrong with any other part of the console. People are not continuously returning their console to the manufacture

No point in a PS3 vs Xbox grudge match anyway, they both have their pros and cons.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
19:57 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
Had my xbox for about 3 years, only had red ring problem once, took it to the shop i got it from and they said it was a problem with a batch of elites, gave me a new one and a new warranty for free and was back set up within an hour.

An xbox live has always been a high(ish) quality of online play, whereas the PSN used to be awful

Im happy with my choice

at the end of the day both consols can have problems and faults..

...not to mention the fact that either PSN or XBL could get hacked again.

The PS3 is a much more powerful console and less expensive in the long run than the 360. However when on XBL i have seen better server connections, but £30 a year adds up.

I like either console but the PS3 looked nicer, especially the older fat ones

joker86 said:
No point in a PS3 vs Xbox grudge match anyway, they both have their pros and cons.

...EXACTLY
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:34 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't like PS3 /PSN for the following reasons:

1. It is to easibly hackable and accessible

2. Not as secure as XB360

3. The Online servers are terrible from what i've heard from numerous friends of mine.

4. Sony copied Microsoft (See number 5)

5. (From 4; Microsoft started the Kinect first then Sony decided to try and replicate them but failed in so many ways...)

From number 4 and 5;

I am not including the wii not because i don't like it, but because that was the first games console that actually copied what you did, (E.g, Wii Fitness board, Wii sports).

Apparently aswell, PSN will be back online in the next few weeks although no official annoucements have been made yet. (Got told from a leaked source that no-longer exists)
joker86
joker86
03:04 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Again, they both have their faults and great features. Just because you have an Xbox does not mean it is far greater, your just sticking up for what you have. Same goes the other way around.

These slagging matches between the two around the world is quite childish and that does go for myself in the past, they BOTH satisfy your gaming needs regardless which one you have.

Now, I am trying to remember the title to this thread.. (Me included )
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Playstation Network Hacked =(

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.