League Discussion Thread!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:21 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
_pro__frog_ said:
This argument has gone on too long, starts going round in circles after a while. Looking through all of the posts it is clear that although 12 was the guideline, i do think TPA have the team to be able to play in the league. They got 13 out of 16 in FBL and got in with no probs and although we had concerns for other teams we let them in due to them doing well in getting games played.

James respect to you, but sort this mess out

12 was a rough guideline, and never set in stone - it was made clear that it was never set in stone.
TPA completed the fewest amount of games, both of their opponents completed their other set of fixtures - proving they're capable of completing a set, yet both failed to complete the TPA fixture
so 4 games going to default, no information given to runners, so that's 4 defaults which TPA have not shown they were not at fault for...

Without league runner bias, and looking at that from an outside-the-league viewpoint, it is perfectly logical for the runners to not allow TPA into the league. They have shown the potential to be the cause of 4 games not being (or at least 4 defaults going against them) in one set. Over the season that is 20 defaults isn't it?

And the league runners are being ridiculous?

their FBL games show the potential to play in the FCL, not this league - that is irrelavent. You might as well say such a player has played in clans before, that means they're good enough now
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
04:28 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
_pro__frog_ said:
This argument has gone on too long, starts going round in circles after a while. Looking through all of the posts it is clear that although 12 was the guideline, i do think TPA have the team to be able to play in the league. They got 13 out of 16 in FBL and got in with no probs and although we had concerns for other teams we let them in due to them doing well in getting games played.

James respect to you, but sort this mess out

12 was a rough guideline, and never set in stone - it was made clear that it was never set in stone.

thanks for pointing that out for the 50,000,000 time. what a useless comment...I UNDERSTAND!
horse10000
horse10000
04:29 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
With regards to this debate regarding 12 games not being set in stone, i bet if you asked most players / captains they all were under the impression of they got 12 games completed that was the pass mark for acceptance to the league, i for one was under that impression.
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
04:37 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
well that is entirely true keith but if you think about it , its about how the captains work to get the games played as i say 2 seasons back i got in because of the hard work i put in and completed 13/16 in 1 week and that was the last week of pre seasons

you mabye not agree but this my opinion
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
04:38 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
agree^
horse10000
horse10000
04:49 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
bulldog_oc said:
well that is entirely true keith but if you think about it , its about how the captains work to get the games played as i say 2 seasons back i got in because of the hard work i put in and completed 13/16 in 1 week and that was the last week of pre seasons

you mabye not agree but this my opinion

Couldn't agree more, but my point is most captains had a figure of 12 games in there head so if their clan reached that figure, they thought they had done enough to meet the standard to get into the league.

My point is that 12 games should never have been mentioned and then all clans would have made the effort to get all games played as they wouldn't have a target in mind.

Because it was mentioned i believe that any clan who played 12 games deserves to enter the league on the basis that the league runners have put that figure out their and it has been used by clans as a figure to achieve.

There are posts on clan news where dgen has split clans on the basis of those who had played 12 and above and those who hadn't. If this doesn't give the impression that 12 is a target i am not sure what would.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:49 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Not at all bulldog 2 of the people making this decision voted to let teams in FBL with 11/16 played where no 'guideline' was given and in one teams case most of the defaults would have been massive losses.
dgeneratio said:

Taken the 12 to pass out as it will be up to the league runners who goes through.

That was posted 3 days ago seems like they just didn't want TPA and the decisions need to be consistent across the board not changed according to the team involved.
cool_dude
cool_dude
04:51 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
ipotalot said:
cphaynes said:
dgeneratio said:
right, the league runners has all casted their votes

*drumroll*

the votes go in favour of 5 v 5 so 5 v 5 it stays

Also, why weren't the captains voting instead of the staff?

This isn't the Houses of Parliament, they may decided whether we should hold a referendum or not, but least they were voted in.

We discuss things for ages, give loads of arguments that get agreed with and get this

dgeneratio said:
if people generally want more players for cup then fair enough ill do it, can't say i like it though.

so 8 v 8 until the final then 12 v 12, everyone happy?

just for reference lee only the 1st round is random (same as league) so generally the same

Then we get no sorry 3/4 of the runners voted against it. Just constant joke decisions at the moment to be honest.

League is no longer run by discussion and majority, it is being run as a dictatorship by those who run it. If they don't want something they will ignore the players.

Yes it is strange why it was posted to change the numbers to go with the majority then league runners decide they don't want it changed so keep it as it is........

Totally agree with this, why weren't all captains and their vice's given a vote on this? Have to say some real odd decisions lately that are making the league a mockery.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
05:01 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
YES! WOOOP! Let's all undermine the league runners and question their integrity some more! Haven't done that enough today! WOOOO
They're all evil cheaterrrrrrrrrs and hate everyone!

-.-
horse10000
horse10000
05:11 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
YES! WOOOP! Let's all undermine the league runners and question their integrity some more! Haven't done that enough today! WOOOO
They're all evil cheaterrrrrrrrrs and hate everyone!

-.-

This is a league discussion thread where players voice there opinions, players can only post it as they see it. Why should TPA not question why they have not been accepted and if other players have a feeling on it post their viewpoint.

If a number of players want to get cup numbers extended, why would they not question it when league runners say no, when majority of players say yes.

Is this not the reason for this thread?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
05:22 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You can talk about the merits of decisions, sure.

But I've seen at least 5 posts by people today accusing the runners of never listening to players (think back to all the changes that have been made after player input), of having personal vendettas against players/clans, of purposely changing the rules to keep specific clans out, etc, etc, etc.

Question their decisions, but do it in a respectful way. Calling them dictators won't help anyone.

In the real world, that would be called defamation, or in the FA's case- misconduct.
dextr
dextr
05:26 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
As James said the information is now in from TPA and several staff have already looked into it and cast a vote on the subject so most likely by later today (afternoon) the count will be complete and will be posted here.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:07 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
Not at all bulldog 2 of the people making this decision voted to let teams in FBL with 11/16 played where no 'guideline' was given and in one teams case most of the defaults would have been massive losses.
dgeneratio said:

Taken the 12 to pass out as it will be up to the league runners who goes through.

That was posted 3 days ago seems like they just didn't want TPA and the decisions need to be consistent across the board not changed according to the team involved.

wasnt because of that so can everyone STOP ASSUMING, it can get you into trouble one day. i was letting the runners decide from day one regardless if you play 5 games or all 16. all teams are reviewed.

dont even know why were still talking about this because get this through your heads.

it is being reviewed.

as for the cup horse say what you want, i let the runners decide based on info 1 was for and 3 against so i put in favour of against.

i was actually so angry at you lot yesterday i had a little tear in my eye.

my only question now is whats the point running the league if you get nothing but grief from members (a couple has been really nice to me which i appreciate)

ill be leaving league staff at end of season

1 last thing, i put 2 people on ignore yesterday and im not afraid to put the whole site on ignore (not literally but meh) if it means peace and quiet from agro.

Edited at 10:11 Wed 26/10/11 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:16 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe this will make the agro stop.

the league staff has reviewed based on the new information and we agreed to let TPA in this season.

the fixture list i posted whoever had BYE now has TPA

i will post a cup draw later (if i still have posting rights by then).

if it doesn't stop then meh.
the_diamond
the_diamond
13:19 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont understand what some of you guys are expecting of league runners? That they dedicate their lives to the game? That they put every one of your idiotic little changes in motion? They are there to help you guys get a bit of enjoyment out of the game other than playing ranked games and tournaments. It's designed to be a bit of fun. How is a league runner supposed to efficiently run a league when every move he/she makes is criticised by someone with a bigger mouth than brain.

Put yourself in their shoes, and instead of arguing, discuss.

some of you guys have either got short-man syndrome or wayyyyy too much built up testosterone.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS thanks mate, appreciate it! Knew you'se would come to your sense! BOOM.
punkpoet
punkpoet
13:42 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Guys been reading and regardless of whats happened can you show league runners respect? they do this in there spare time and get abused for it. I'd of quit before this.
chaos_
chaos_
13:45 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Respect goes both ways . Happy to see all is sorted .

Let the games begin
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
13:46 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I have no intention of quitting as a league runner myself! I do what i am asked to do and i try to make the best decisions for the league as possible, i would like to think that i would be respected for that along with my collegues
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:20 Wed 26 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If they fold this season........ heads will roll lol
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.