Pages: 12829
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
18:27 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
im not scared of emma
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You dont have to post to say you dont want in on it - just dont play. Doesnt get any easier than that.

The reasons for doing it this way rather than invite entries were explained in detail when it was being discussed and then agreed that it would be trialled in the League Discussion thread.

so players have a bye to round 2 who's opponents dont want to play, so effectively a player can go the whole way without playin a game

still think ur completely wrong by assumin players want in on it when they havent been offline, some players dont check forums and only come on to play clan games, how am they meant to know they have been entered before they get a message off an opponent, and even so, if they know they dont have a clan game, why would they check there messages to check if they had a different game :S

dont make sense at all, and if its an individual knockout comp, why does it involve clan names?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
im not scared of emma

shhh dont let her hear u say that :o
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
18:34 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
haha i said im not afraid matey
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:36 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh god, ur a dead man now lmao...im already hidin from the anger she will have when she gets back and reads this...uh ohhhh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
In theory yes someone could get a bye all the way through as in any tournament on here - realistically will it happen? No.

If they can find out about a clan game then they can find out about this too? I suppose I could individually message all 186 players in addition to posting on every clans thread and in the FCL sub forum. However I would have thought that clan chat threads were places to discuss anything relating to clans.

The clan names are there mainly for me to be able to sort the games by clan on the master spreadsheet in order to be able to group them together for posting onto clan threads. Once that was done I thought it easier to leave them in place so that it might make it easier to see who your opponent played for in terms of if anyone wanted to post on their thread.

If I am completely wrong about this then it will be a trial that doesnt get off the ground.

On the other hand, if even one member plays in this because they were automatically entered, that wouldnt have been bothered to actually post and sign up ordinarily, then it has been a success.
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
18:40 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
aha i did say im not scared she is too kind
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:44 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
In theory yes someone could get a bye all the way through as in any tournament on here - realistically will it happen? No.

If they can find out about a clan game then they can find out about this too? I suppose I could individually message all 186 players in addition to posting on every clans thread and in the FCL sub forum. However I would have thought that clan chat threads were places to discuss anything relating to clans.

The clan names are there mainly for me to be able to sort the games by clan on the master spreadsheet in order to be able to group them together for posting onto clan threads. Once that was done I thought it easier to leave them in place so that it might make it easier to see who your opponent played for in terms of if anyone wanted to post on their thread.

If I am completely wrong about this then it will be a trial that doesnt get off the ground.

186 players, and people moanin about same players havin defaults through the league, there will be plenty more games here not gettin played until further into the tourny.

some players find out about clan games via texts or facebook...dont see how players will find out about this, players will only keep track of their own games, they keep track of clan games cuz its a team game, i dont see why players would keep track of other players games as individuals
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:45 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
and tbf it dont matter whether its realistic or not, a player has every chance of gettin an opponent who dont wonna know after the first round or what ever...too many tourny's get started and not bothered with by players after a game or 2
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:48 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
How do they track their own games as a matter of interest? I might be able to come up with a way of notifying.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:49 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

186 players, and people moanin about same players havin defaults through the league, there will be plenty more games here not gettin played until further into the tourny.

some players find out about clan games via texts or facebook...dont see how players will find out about this, players will only keep track of their own games, they keep track of clan games cuz its a team game, i dont see why players would keep track of other players games as individuals

of course they will be defaults ant, we have them on snooker when people sign up from own free will, people knew that for first 2 rounds at least that they would be tons of defaults.

reason i entered chris's and not yours is because i felt chris's league has more structure (weekly deadlines), weekly deadlines give players fixtures to do rather than just play 4 games for your league and not bother about rest.

i quite like the look of the Players Championship and i hope it works out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:54 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
How do they track their own games as a matter of interest? I might be able to come up with a way of notifying.

there team mates text or message them via facebook to get clan games done
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:56 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

of course they will be defaults ant, we have them on snooker when people sign up from own free will, people knew that for first 2 rounds at least that they would be tons of defaults.

reason i entered chris's and not yours is because i felt chris's league has more structure (weekly deadlines), weekly deadlines give players fixtures to do rather than just play 4 games for your league and not bother about rest.

i quite like the look of the Players Championship and i hope it works out

its not just 4 games, if a player dont get atleast 4 done, they get removed from the league

dont see how its structure when players wont even know they have games... atleast a heads up would have been nice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:56 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
aha i did say im not scared she is too kind

lmao okok she might just let u off then bud
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:00 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
And those team mates won't text or message them details of one more game?

Of course I am not saying that there's any reason why they should, or have to. The absolute worse case scenario is that someone is DQ'd. But the point is it gives everyone the opportunity to play including some that may not have thought to post an interest otherwise.

The heads-up was the thread in the FCL forum earlier this week.

It's certainly not perfect but similarly I can't see it affects anyone in an adverse way either.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:00 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris made the league knowing people didn't have to sign up to join, i also stated that you only leave if you post you didn't want to join (or refuse to play round 1) but my structure appears to be different to yours.

for example i could play 5 games for your league then never play another or play 2 games each month, thats reason i didn't enter as i probably would relax in that league and not play many games. chris's league you only have 7 days to play each round which is better as people make more effort for shorter deadlines.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:02 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Of course I am not saying that there's any reason why they should, or have to. The absolute worse case scenario is that someone is DQ'd. But the point is it gives everyone the opportunity to play including some that may not have thought to post an interest otherwise.

It's certainly not perfect but similarly I can't see it affects anyone in an adverse way either.

why should players get intouch via text or facebook when its not a team game? players help there own team out in clan games, not individuals

like i said, no everyone checks forums, where was there heads up?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:04 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris made the league knowing people didn't have to sign up to join, i also stated that you only leave if you post you didn't want to join (or refuse to play round 1) but my structure appears to be different to yours.

for example i could play 5 games for your league then never play another or play 2 games each month, thats reason i didn't enter as i probably would relax in that league and not play many games. chris's league you only have 7 days to play each round which is better as people make more effort for shorter deadlines.

dont see where u comin from regardin 5 games in my league and so on...

ive stated atleast 4 every 2 weeks, so in effect, i want to see atleast 4 at 2weeks, 8 at 4, 12 at 6 and so on
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:04 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Where else can it go? I shall leave your thread to its clan chat now rather than hijack it with tournament discussions.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:05 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

why should players get intouch via text or facebook when its not a team game? players help there own team out in clan games, not individuals

its their fault then isn't it its the same for any league, some users might not have facebook either, each person involved in clans should be checking the forum regularly and if they don't its that individuals fault.
Pages: 12829
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Divine Forces

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.