Divine Forces

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12930
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:06 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris made the league knowing people didn't have to sign up to join, i also stated that you only leave if you post you didn't want to join (or refuse to play round 1) but my structure appears to be different to yours.

for example i could play 5 games for your league then never play another or play 2 games each month, thats reason i didn't enter as i probably would relax in that league and not play many games. chris's league you only have 7 days to play each round which is better as people make more effort for shorter deadlines.

dont see where u comin from regardin 5 games in my league and so on...

ive stated atleast 4 every 2 weeks, so in effect, i want to see atleast 4 at 2weeks, 8 at 4, 12 at 6 and so on

ah right i thought you meant just 4 in 2 weeks, nevermind.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:08 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol nah bud, 4 games every 2 weeks, if players want to play say 6 in first 2 weeks, they only have to play another 2 the week after, but i wont be acceptin 2 games, then 6
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:10 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
like i said, no everyone checks forums, where was there heads up?

Where else can it go? I shall leave your thread to its clan chat now rather than hijack it with tournament discussions.

maybe question the players if they want to join in the first place would have been a nice heads up then players who dont check forums will either know they have a game, or can say they dont want in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think we are going round in circles. I cant message all 192 players asking if they want to take part (well I could but I wont ). I can't post on forums asking for entries because some people that might want to take part don't check the forum.

Therefore enter everyone and those that don't want in just dont play and those that know nothing about it are none the wiser anyway.

I am not sure there's a better way but I am willing to listen to ideas. The threads are in the FCL forum.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think we are going round in circles. I cant message all 192 players asking if they want to take part (well I could but I wont ). I can't post on forums asking for entries because some people that might want to take part don't check the forum.

Therefore enter everyone and those that don't want in just dont play and those that know nothing about it are none the wiser anyway.

I am not sure there's a better way but I am willing to listen to ideas. The threads are in the FCL forum.

its a waste of ur own time and its unfair on those that do want to play...say 150 join, every player has a game, 22 players dont want to player (takes it to 128 players), then out of those 128 still in the first round 22 dont player and are through to round 2 because of 22 players droppin out, so 106 players still in round 1, 22 of those 108 deserve to go through because of the 22 that dropped out in the first place, but 22 wont go through because of the draw and the fact its knockout

so in that example, 22 players wont go through based on a different 22 players droppin out in the first place

plus, how do u get 192 players down to 2 in the final? say for instance if players dont drop out

in effect ull get 192 down to 96, down to 48, down to 24, down to 12, down to 6, down to 3
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:00 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its not a waste of my time (not that that bothers me anyway ). It would be more of a waste of my time to have to keep track of those that say they want to join.

Its not wasting players time. If theres no opponent that wants to play, or you get a bye, then happy days. As Seb has said elsewhere eventually you get down to players that want to play.

Sorry didnt understand the middle bit

And if it had been 192 it would have been 64 byes and 128 first round games.

As it happens (and was posted elsewhwere) it was actually 186 players with 70 byes and 116 first round games.

Both achieve the aim of having 128 players in the second round draw. Of course what will happen is there will be less than 128 players in all probability in the second round draw as there will be double DQ's in some first round games. I am considering giving any preference on byes in rounds to those that played in the previous round, but I have not decided that for sure yet.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:04 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its not a waste of my time (not that that bothers me anyway ). It would be more of a waste of my time to have to keep track of those that say they want to join.

Its not wasting players time. If theres no opponent that wants to play, or you get a bye, then happy days. As Seb has said elsewhere eventually you get down to players that want to play.

Sorry didnt understand the middle bit

And if it had been 192 it would have been 64 byes and 128 first round games.

As it happens (and was posted elsewhwere) it was actually 186 players with 70 byes and 116 first round games.

Both achieve the aim of having 128 players in the second round draw. Of course what will happen is there will be less than 128 players in all probability in the second round draw as there will be double DQ's in some first round games. I am considering giving any preference on byes in rounds to those that played in the previous round, but I have not decided that for sure yet.

thats fair enough, but instead of endin up with players who want to play, why not start with players who want to play in the first place

yeah i can see what u mean with the 192 or what ever the figure is gettin down to 2

btw i havent bolded those bits for ur benefit as i know u dont have trouble readin lol, its just for those who struggle...bless them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:07 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
btw chris mate, i not sayin ur knockout tourny is rubbish or anythin, and i hope it does work out for u and players who want to be involved, i just dont agree with players not bein asked, but thats just my opinion, dont take it personally or anythin bud
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Simply because it is easier to enter everyone rather than have to keep track of everyone that might post to say they want to enter. How many times have you had to repost entries to the Individual Leagues?

It was well discussed how it would work beforehand. I think dgen who was actually a sceptic before changed his mind.

But ultimately I am a lazy person and want an easy life hence this way of doing it. As I said before it is a trial. If it carries on then we will see if there are better ways.

And no I dont take it personally and am open to any suggestions for improvements that dont involve more work.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:11 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Players who don't want to play: They just don't play their games. No harm done, right?

Players who don't know about the game: They wouldn't have known about signups either, if there had been any. So no difference there.

There will be at least 50% defaults in the first 2 rounds, but that doesn't really hurt the tourney either. Once you get to the third or fourth round, the inactive players are out and only active ones remain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:16 Sun 4 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Please welcome theukspoon!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:18 Sun 4 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks guys

looking forward to playing with you's and taking division 2 title

should have listened to you earlier, angel, antione
Deleted User
(IP Logged)