Super League IX - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15556
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:18 Sat 19 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V - Fixture Set 5

Games released here on the Fixture 5 tab...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/group-a.html

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/group-b.html

There may be a few changes to line ups required as a result of the last couple of days.

Deadline is Midnight UK Sunday 4th May 2014
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:30 Tue 22 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V

The unplayed games from Fixture Set 4 Group A were given a nominal default score in order to be able to update the league table.

If you wish to submit anything for any unplayed game that may change the score given then please send it to me.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Sat 3 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
When is the next Round? and Draw?
No team lists been requested is why i'm asking.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:54 Sun 4 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The next round should be out tomorrow, however there is still one position to be determined.

Currently it will be in Round 1...

Qualifying Play-Offs

The Professionals B v The Professionals A
Uprising Ultras v Phoenix Inferno

(Winners to Round 3 and Losers to Round 2)

Elimination Play-Offs

Uprising v The Unbeatables or Raging Phoenix
Monkey Business v The Unbeatables or Raging Phoenix

(Winners to Round 2 and Losers eliminated)

Please can I have teams for these games at earliest opportunity. Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Mon 5 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V

Qualifying Play-Offs

Uprising Ultras v Phoenix Inferno

(Winners to Round 3 and Losers to Round 2)

Elimination Play-Offs

Uprising v Raging Phoenix
Monkey Business v The Unbeatables

(Winners to Round 2 and Losers eliminated)

Games can be found here...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/play-offs.html

In order to try and keep the SL in line with the FCL the deadlines are a bit shorter than the ideal. Hopefully this will be OK.

Deadline for these games Midnight UK Wednesday 14th May.

Also congratulations to Uprising Ultras for winning the League Leaders Shield.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Thu 8 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Please note that due to my work commitments there will be an extra day allowed on the above fixtures.

New deadline is Midnight UK Thursday 15th May
erigert
erigert
15:48 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Next time we are asked for team sheets, we wont send them. First we will see our opponents and than we will decide who plays them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:32 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V

Play-Offs Round 2

I am still pretty keen in keeping this ticking over so that it does not go on far beyond the FCL if possible.

Although Round 1 is still ongoing, and the results obviously shape who plays who in Round 2, please could I ask for team lists anyway so that games can be released without delay when the time comes.

Teams will be needed from...

Raging Phoenix
Uprising
Professionals A or Professionals B (whichever team loses their current Round 1 game)

and then

Unbeatables and Monkey Business (again whichever team wins this current Round 1 game will be used)

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V - Round 1 Play-Offs

Deadline passed for these games last night. In the absence of any default requests and supporting information the latest scores will stand as the final scores..

The Professionals A 23-39 The Professionals B
Monkey Business 17-32 The Unbeatables

A team list for Round 2 is required by The Professionals A and Phoenix Inferno.

Round 2 games will be released by 7pm UK tonight.

Thanks

Edited at 15:46 Fri 16/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:14 Sat 17 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V - Round 2

The Professionals A v Uprising

dvz v pirate_steve
scott7a v cgibson92
franer_ v r1p0m4n_v2
onevisit v lethal_lures
mattywellie v tension

Phoenix Inferno v The Unbeatables

thanatos v horse10000
precision v greyhound
shadwell17 v turtle1560
davybaumers v mich
w_hoolahan v hippesville

Winners to Round 3, Losers eliminated.

Deadline for these games is Midnight UK Saturday 24th May 2014 though if they were to be completed before that then we can progress quicker.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:43 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Phoenix Inferno (33) vs (44) The Unbeatables - Complete

thanatos (9) vs (4) _niall_ (s)
precision (5) vs (8) greyhound
shadwell17 (3) vs (9) turtle1560
davybaumers (5) vs (8) mich
w_hoolahan (5) vs (9) hippesville

Killer 1: (0) vs (6)
Killer 2: (6) vs (0)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Tue 27 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
What idiot posted that on this thread...ooh look it was MEEEEEEE!!! oops
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Tue 27 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V - Round 3 Semi-Finals

These are the games to be played...

scooby v franer_
liam_scfc v davey_1985
mattywellie v onevisit
_nerdzz_ v _redherring_
dvz v zacky_12

Uprising Ultras v The Unbeatables

fuunky v poolbiird
clifton188 v horse10000
lethal_lures v hippesville
erigert v mrmagic
r1p0m4n_v2 v _niall_

The deadline for these games is Midnight (UK) on Tuesday 3rd June 14 although as that is already invading the closed season any attempts at completing these games quicker than that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:43 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Not trying at all to take anything away from uprising but I don't get how they get a trophy and select who they play in the semis because one of their teams won against half the competition, as did a pros team. The pro's achieved exactly the same as the uprising team but have squat to show for it. This is the only competition I have EVER seen that runs like this. I don't get it and certainly can't say it's fair. This season is well on its way but going forward this surely can't continue and is a bad call. Every other competition everyone plays everyone so a trophy can be awarded, with this its luck of the draw before the competition even starts.
erigert
erigert
23:55 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Not trying at all to take anything away from uprising but I don't get how they get a trophy and select who they play in the semis because one of their teams won against half the competition, as did a pros team. The pro's achieved exactly the same as the uprising team but have squat to show for it. This is the only competition I have EVER seen that runs like this. I don't get it and certainly can't say it's fair. This season is well on its way but going forward this surely can't continue and is a bad call. Every other competition everyone plays everyone so a trophy can be awarded, with this its luck of the draw before the competition even starts.

if i get it right u say its unfair that one group had 6 teams and the other 7 right?

if u mean that, than the explanation is that group A had 7 teams aswell before Ballbreakers decided to leave the competition. Yeah it is a bit unfair but dont think that it could have been done anything about it for this season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

if i get it right u say its unfair that one group had 6 teams and the other 7 right?

if u mean that, than the explanation is that group A had 7 teams aswell before Ballbreakers decided to leave the competition. Yeah it is a bit unfair but dont think that it could have been done anything about it for this season
That didn't help, I am more meaning the pro's team won their section but didn't play any of the teams in the section uprising won or vice versa. How can you compare the two and declare one champion when they were two completely different competition with the goal of getting to the same one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Fri 30 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The original Super League was one division, and will be next season assuming it continues. The League Leaders Shield is awarded to the team that wins the Division and they also earn 'Game Call' (choice of opponents from the two winners from Round 2) in the Round 3 Semi-Finals.

With two Divisions (Groups), the League Leaders Shield has been awarded to the team from either Group with the best overall record. This season Uprising Ultras won every game whilst The Professionals B lost one game in the other Group and The Professionals A finished runners-up to Uprising Ultras.

The original format is an exact copy of the one used in Super League Rugby in UK.

Edited at 21:08 Thu 29/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Fri 30 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The original Super League was one division, and will be next season assuming it continues. The League Leaders Shield is awarded to the team that wins the Division and they also earn 'Game Call' (choice of opponents from the two winners from Round 2) in the Round 3 Semi-Finals.

With two Divisions (Groups), the League Leaders Shield has been awarded to the team from either Group with the best overall record. This season Uprising Ultras won every game whilst The Professionals B lost one game in the other Group and The Professionals A finished runners-up to Uprising Ultras.

The original format is an exact copy of the used in Super League Rugby in UK.
all teams in the rugby super league play each other, it is not run as two separate competitions with the aim of getting to the play offs. If it was one league as is super league it would make sense. But as half the teams didn't play half the teams then how can there be one champion?!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:19 Fri 30 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They weren't 'champions', they were just considered as 'League Leaders Shield winners' to keep the underlying established Play-Off format. I agree it was not ideal - but neither was having to have two Groups.

As I said, it was one division for SL1 to SL3, and will be again for SL6 onwards.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:41 Tue 3 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League V - Round 3 Semi-Finals

These are the games to be played...

scooby v franer_
liam_scfc v davey_1985
mattywellie v onevisit
_nerdzz_ v _redherring_
dvz v zacky_12

Uprising Ultras v The Unbeatables

fuunky v poolbiird
clifton188 v horse10000
lethal_lures v hippesville
erigert v mrmagic
r1p0m4n_v2 v _niall_

The deadline for these games is Midnight (UK) on Tuesday 3rd June 14 although as that is already invading the closed season any attempts at completing these games quicker than that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Deadline is Midnight tomorrow night
Pages: 15556
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Super League IX - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.