The Players Championship - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15556
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:46 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
On other players comments
_huts24_
_huts24_
15:52 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you won the toss huts you wouldn't be complaining, matt i have a feeling wouldn't complain about the loss, maybe sarcasm though.

At least this way a player continues to play, under normal guidelines BOTH of you would be out so would be an easy path for niall

Easy path for niall anyway as its against matt ! When keith spoke about maybe toss of the coin i said no to it , you can check on this thread if you want james .

For me it just shows how messed up this season has been with keith in charge .
hahahaha
hahahaha
15:57 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you won the toss huts you wouldn't be complaining, matt i have a feeling wouldn't complain about the loss, maybe sarcasm though.

At least this way a player continues to play, under normal guidelines BOTH of you would be out so would be an easy path for niall

Easy path for niall anyway as its against matt ! When keith spoke about maybe toss of the coin i said no to it , you can check on this thread if you want james .

For me it just shows how messed up this season has been with keith in charge .

I'm sure we'll see a big difference now he has an opponent who doesn't play for defaults and is very easy to arrange with, you say easy path for Niall as It's against matt but you didn't even have the balls to play him lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:58 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i know you said no huts but if the runner wants to do something he will do it despite opinions. its done now and matt is through whether you like it or not.

question is would you accept a double dq like the guidelines? because thats what would happen
_huts24_
_huts24_
16:09 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Just to clarify, since Keith is now away on holiday, the "coin toss" was performed by veyron and myself. Keith messaged veyron with who had been assigned heads and tails, then asked me to choose either heads or tails. I actually then tossed a coin myself and it landed on heads. I did not know who was heads and who was tails, only veyron and Keith did. In that sense, it could not have been fairer. Whether the actual "coin toss" idea itself was fair is an entirely different matter, but in my humble opinion I think you were both fortunate to be afforded that opportunity. You had more than 2 weeks to play the game, over which you both gave times you could play. If you both wanted to play it badly enough, there should not have been a problem coming to some sort of compromise. That's just my input.

I'll message you my availability shortly Matt

What a complete joke ! Keith didnt even do this crap toss of thge coin , funny how hes given niall the job whos the opponent !

And veyron who in his match vs black scorpions this set spat the dummy out and left twice in the game vs madmiketyson cos he was 8-6 down .

Utter nonsence ! Im not acceting this at all ! Keith your a complete novice at running this league and should step down as you have lost the plot !
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:12 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
stop taking this seriously huts.........

your basically calling niall and veyron bias because you didn't win the 'toss' still believe if you had won you would be praising keith right now.

just move on
_huts24_
_huts24_
16:52 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Niall and veyron are players and should not have been given responsability to do a coin toss especially when the opponent niall is the player who plays the winner of this so called magical toss!

Its the QF james im losing out on as my opponent was lazy , didnt message me one bit to arrange a match and gave times that i wouldnt be on and he was defo offline 6 days as i checked on his profile on sunday which said 6 days then he appeared 5 hours till deadline .

Its also laughable that these players who help league runner didnt get appointed to do this silly coin toss. But allowed an opponent to do it .

I will be honest if i had won this toss i would of said no to it still and would off asked keith to do it purely on the info submitted !
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:58 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
then you would both be disqualified
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:05 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Boo hoo I don't care if I do get hammered nuts,to me it is an online game not a matter of life and death . I also remember hammering you in the FCL . Now stop crying you sulky baby, grow up and accept it like a man
achpfsk
achpfsk
17:12 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Bearing in mind the coin toss should not have happened in the first place, _niall_ should not have been involved in it as it is his next opponent. You couldn't make this stuff up, lol.

Now, I am not saying niall is a cheat, I am sure he is a fine upstanding and honest man, but bare the following scenario in mind..

Raffle tickets are sold. All tickets are placed in a hat. The man with the hat walks around and picks a man from the audience to choose a ticket from the hat. The man chosen to pick the ticket from the hat picks his own ticket out and wins. What is the first thing the crowd shouts out? Fix, scam, well done, that seems fair?

The coin toss should never have happened, _niall_ having anything to do with the coin toss should not have happened.

If there was no evidence to support one person trying harder than the other then both should have been disqualified. Putting one player through on a coin toss is only fair to the one who won.

No effort made - no one goes through - fair result
Equal effort made - no one goes through - fair result
Equal effort made - coin toss puts one through - unfair result
No effort made - coin toss puts one through - unfair result.
More effort made - He goes through - fair result
Less effort made - Opponent goes though - fair result
More effort made - Opponent goes through - unfair result
Less effort made - he goes through - unfair result
kris
kris
17:14 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
good luck Matt!
_huts24_
_huts24_
17:17 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Boo hoo I don't care if I do get hammered nuts,to me it is an online game not a matter of life and death . I also remember hammering you in the FCL . Now stop crying you sulky baby, grow up and accept it like a man

Says the person who left revs cos you didnt like fatmikee and spat his dummy out to get back in . You dont care about it but i do care and this speaks volumes as i wanted out match played and you didnt !

Face it u was chicken and couldnt face me cos u would of got your rare end kicked . Now run along and let the adults talk child !
achpfsk
achpfsk
17:19 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If it was in the rules that failing to decide, based on evidence submitted, that a coin toss would be the determining factor to whom proceeds then I can't see a problem in that. Obviously neither player or future opponent should have anything to do with the coin toss.

This is why I say that rules should be set in stone BEFORE any games have been played. Adding elements or bending rules as you see fit just because you can should not be allowed and should be frowned upon.

A league runner should be above reproach and deal with the issues as set out in the rules, not on their interpretation of the rules.

Surely everyone, whether you like me or not, can see what I am posting makes sense and should be followed?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:36 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I see your point mate and said it should have been a double dq but the decision is made by the runner and as seb said should be stuck to. whatever anyone has to say about it, it shouldn't change the decision.

If Keith wants to reverse and give niall a BYE then thats fair enough.

Regarding players in coin toss, agreed but i doubt Veyron or Keith told Niall the players, it was a 50-50 gamble, if it was 1/100 players and he chose hardy for instance then its questionable. Recently i had to do a Cup/Plate draw and Pros drew Uprising in Semi Final, which i wanted to be the final and Unbeatables had a game in the Plate, was me and Keith then and he never told me which teams were which numbers.
achpfsk
achpfsk
17:50 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The coin toss was done by the runner but the runner chose to put the coin toss in there and abandon the rules. If the coin toss was in the rules then I have no issue. Amend the rules for next season to include it, job done. It isn't in the rules this season so should not have been done.

Niall should have had the bye by default this season. He should have had nothing to do with the coin toss as there are plenty of other members that could have done it without any implications being made.

Maybe a coin toss is the way forward for next season but if a player messes around one opponent what's to stop him doing it again on the next opponent? A person relying on a coin toss could get quite far into the tournament without even playing a game.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:03 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe yeah and not disagreeing with you but its done now mate.

The decision was made, so should stick now, otherwise every future decision will be questioned again and again.
I wouldve kicked both out. They were posting to each other on the threads at the same time instead of getting it played. Out!

on snooks we would have kicked both out of the tournament, no questions asked but Keith chose to do it his own way. Yes Niall should have had a BYE but he could have refused to do the toss if he was against it and ask Keith to do the default which would be a Double Dq or a draw.

decision made to do the coin toss which matt won so should stick then learn for next time this crops up
_niall_
_niall_
18:14 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I was asked to pick heads or tails, I had no idea who was assigned to what. I was playing veyron in a tournament, Keith joined our game room and asked veyron if he minded being part of the toss. Keith sent veyron an offline message stating who was heads and who was tails. I had no knowledge of who was designated what, and Keith then asked me to choose heads or tails. It's as simple as that. On that basis, it's completely irrelevant who was choosing heads or tails, the outcome would still have been the same. It's completely irrelevant to me who I was drawn, I'd gladly have played either. There's no conspiracy here.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
18:56 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The league runner has picked his way of finalising this game and the choice is his to make, so leave it now this has been done and you have all voiced your opinion which you can do even if like it or not its done! So move on.

However if we see any more personal attacks towards the league runner you will have you posting revoked, we have already removed a couple of posts which are pretty nasty towards someone who spends a lot of time helping these clans run smoothly.
horse10000
horse10000
18:59 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The decision has been made and as several have pointed out the only other outcome was a double dsq. By doing it this way we have a match rather than a walkover for Niall.

I have seen posts questioning the players involved which I find highly offensive and I suggest they direct any problems at me and no one else.

I have also seen the usual posts questioning how biased I am etc, I suggest that these players go and speak to the professionals as if I had went with what others decided on default unbeatables would have gone through in the cup. I chose to over rule and game went to a tie break. So I am that biased I even over rule to knock my own clan out. I do all decisions on what is best for the clan leagues overall, I do not sway regardless what clan or players are involved.

Now I have better thing to do than sit arguing on here, I have a plane to catch and beer to drink.
achpfsk
achpfsk
19:01 Wed 1 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't say there was but why not just ask a player that had nothing to do with the tournament to pick?
Pages: 15556
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Players Championship - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.