joker86
00:53 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Very well done, but is 1-0 enough to take to Nou Camp? We will see
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
01:18 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Never, how Barca didnt score tonight ill never know.

I hope they lose at the Nou camp.

A great start for them thou and keeping a cleansheet was vital.

Barca 3-1 at home
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:45 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
if Chelsea play in a similar form to tonight then they have a chance. They just have to keep messi as bay and look for goal on the counter attack like tonight
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:15 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I would say, if Chelsea give up as many chances as they did today, they'll probably lose. Three sitters and two against the post/crossbar!
But that's what they need to beat Barca. Good result for Chelsea.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
06:02 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I only saw the first half, and from that i'd say chelsea were lucky to get the win. To beat Barca, you need to push them back. Alls they did first half was gamble on a counter-attack paying off and Barca not finding a way to finish, but Fabregas should've put Barca ahead. Seem obvious who was the better team from first half, hopefully 2nd leg settles who is

Come on Bayern and Barca!
_niall_
_niall_
08:16 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
7 games, and he still hasn't scored, 7 games and he still hasn't scored!! Outstanding performance by Cheslea tonight, looking forward to blank number 8 and Chelsea sailing through to Munich next Tuesday!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:47 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There is nothing more dangerous than a team out for revenge when they feel they have been wronged.

Chelsea were beaten by really poor refereeing decisions the last time the teams met when UEFA, i believe, made sure that Barcelona were to make it to the final.

Players like Drogba, Terry, Lampard and Cole where all present when that happened, and although they didnt put Benfica to bed, they had enough chances to and had another couple of gears they could have went into.

I dont feel that this is the foregone conclusion that most pundits are predicting - shameful though that Chelsea have an FA cup semi final and 6pm a couple of days before their match with Barcelona.

As for Real v Bayern - I honestly believe that Real Madrid are the best club side in the world atm and haven't seen enough of Bayern to make a judgement - although their current league form is less than impressive - just scraping wins.

Should be an interesting game - but my predictions are

1st Leg

Bayern Munich 1 v 1 Real Madrid

Chelsea 0 v 0 Barcelona

2nd Leg

Real Madrid 3 v 1 Bayern Munich

Barcelona 1 v 1 Chelsea

Thanks

Wizard

was out slightly on the first leg results but if my second leg predictions stand, the same outcome will be achieved
joker86
joker86
14:52 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Chelsea vs Barcelona (Full Match Stats)
1 - Goals - 0
1 - 1st Half Goals - 0
1 - Shots on Target - 6
2 - Shots off Target - 8
1 - Blocked Shots - 10
1 - Corners - 8
12 - Fouls - 9
5 - Offsides - 2
2 - Yellow Cards - 2
0 - Red Cards - 0
75.6 % - Passing Success - 92.6%
25 - Tackles - 12
64 - Tackles Success - 100
20.9 % - Possession - 79.1%
32.9 % - Territorial Advantage - 67.1%
209 - Total Passes - 814
4 - Total Crosses - 21
112 - Lost Balls - 122
45 - Recoveries - 44
24.6 % - 1st Half Poss. - 75.4%
17% - 2nd Half Poss. - 83%

Barcelona could've easily won the match by a large margin if those chances were taken!

As for Drogba, there's me thinking Pepe(R Madrid) was bad!! , some will know exactly what I mean!

Chelsea defended very well throughout the whole match with 8 or so players in front of goal, yet Barca was still finding ways through them.

Again, I'm not sure a 1-0 win is enough to take to the Nou Camp. 2-0 maybe, but not 1-0.

Good luck to Chelsea next week
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:38 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Disgusting challenge by lampard in 71st minute and how that was not a red we will never know

P.S. enjoy the final terry pmsl
tinie
tinie
00:44 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Get in there you legends!
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
00:52 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Chelsea won't win final, ivanovic, terry, mereiles and ramires missing.
tinie
tinie
00:57 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
1 Game of course they can win! Don't be silly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:30 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Never, how Barca didnt score tonight ill never know.

I hope they lose at the Nou camp.

A great start for them thou and keeping a cleansheet was vital.

Barca 3-1 at home

_niall_
_niall_
03:31 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
06:13 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well played to chelsea, didn't particularly want them to win but can't argue with beating barca (on away goals, weak but its a win)

Whether they should've? Never! Lampard shouldn't have been on the pitch, a penalty should've been buried amongst other shots and a ridiculous amount of posession/territory.

But with the key players out, can they win a champions league final?

And what Terry said about his sending off was an absolute joke, no way was that unintentional
tinie
tinie
06:32 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well played to chelsea, didn't particularly want them to win but can't argue with beating barca (on away goals, weak but its a win)

Whether they should've? Never! Lampard shouldn't have been on the pitch, a penalty should've been buried amongst other shots and a ridiculous amount of posession/territory.

And what Terry said about his sending off was an absolute joke, no way was that unintentional

I think you will find it was 3-2 to chelsea on aggregate
_niall_
_niall_
07:34 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  

I stopped taking you seriously after the first line...but you must have turned the game off after 85 minutes, and not seen the interviews after the game, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
joker86
joker86
14:13 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Terry shouldn't be allowed to play again. The knee into Sanchez was nothing but intentional, he kneed into him, like a kick!

Even Chelsea fans will admit, Barcelona shouldn't have let Chelsea score 2 goals after the sending off.

I have always criticised Barcelona for sending the likes of Puyol up field, what in earth is he doing up there?!! They have the quality to leave 2 defenders in their own half!

Can't doubt Chelsea for their efforts though, well done!

Good luck in final!

Edited at 11:21 Wed 25/04/12 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:28 Wed 25 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
To start with- I am not a Chelsea fan- I support a 2nd division German team that is odds on to get relegated soon lol.

-Lampard's foul was not a red.
-Terry is an idiot
-The penalty may have been a dive; very little if any contact. Overall, the referee was very good I think.

Yesterday was the better of Chelsea's performances over the two legs. In the first game, they were quite simply lucky to survive without conceding. Barca hit the post twice and missed four 1v1 situations. That wasn't down to Chelsea's defense, but rather a Barca off-day.
Yesterday, Chelsea allowed way fewer chances. The difference was that Barca actually decided to convert a few of them! Much better defensive performance by Chelsea and excellent conversion of chances.

Well done to Chelsea, although I was hoping Barca would go through.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.