FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:25 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
to be honest its just the same as a clan folding halfway through season, what happens when a clan fold? their results are wiped to ensure fairness. its the same with this situation except its just one result.

so i see no issue
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:35 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Course you see no issue, Snooker Squad won't be affected Same as most other clans.

I completely sympathise with MVP and fair play they managed to get their games played but wouldn't do them any harm to just get over it

Many clans would like 1 game, and yeh that includes myself, I have had several players leave, I have new players but they are ineligible. I have completed 1 game from each fixture but there is no way in hell the other ones will be done because it is hard getting 6 players online at the same time. For example, a lot of UTs browse on their phone, can't play a killer game when they are all on their phones?

Fact is, I cannot get a second three of active players to play the other killer games.
horse10000
horse10000
12:38 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If you do the maths dgen it will favour SS and penalise MVP....... that is why

Helps if i had used the right figures
It's easy to undermine an argument by just claiming the other side only wants to try to profit. That's easier than talking about the issue itself.

I don't think I've read an answer to this:
You really think the 12 defaults, and their fallout, and all the points received from NOT playing games is the fairer and better solution going forward?

For the 12 defaults why not look into why they weren't played, poor captaining, bad luck kept missing each other. There should be lots of posts and messages between captains if clans have been trying to get the games played. If there is a lack of messages and posts, then you have your reasons and maybe then league staff need to deal with that, rather than punishing clans who comply to their rules.

For the record i know you have tried everything to play other killer game so you will get a large default. this is no different to any other clan game where one clan has made a lot of effort but game has not been played.

For the other 11 games you might find that no effort has been made so why are we changing the rules if it is because clans haven't chased etc.

Bump as i still can't understand why a decision has been made, yet league staff have not even looked into why games have not been played.
horse10000
horse10000
12:48 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Course you see no issue, Snooker Squad won't be affected Same as most other clans.

I completely sympathise with MVP and fair play they managed to get their games played but wouldn't do them any harm to just get over it

Many clans would like 1 game, and yeh that includes myself, I have had several players leave, I have new players but they are ineligible. I have completed 1 game from each fixture but there is no way in hell the other ones will be done because it is hard getting 6 players online at the same time. For example, a lot of UTs browse on their phone, can't play a killer game when they are all on their phones?

Fact is, I cannot get a second three of active players to play the other killer games.

Well you can play with 1 or 2, it does not have to be 3.

Captains of teams who are struggling to get three on should be looking at playing with 1 or 2 to get games played.

And as for MVP getting over it why should we, we have done nothing wrong apart from play our games to the rules provided yet we are now going to get penalised?

And SS will be affected it will benefit them

Sorry but league staff got the chance to change this before it happened yet chose to do nothing, i even posted requesting they asked all captains for their thoughts to change before anyone had completed 2 games. This was ignored and i did not see one other captain post to back my concerns up, yet now we have players coming out from everywhere saying it is problem. Why has things changed so much in a week?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:03 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

i even posted requesting they asked all captains for their thoughts to change before anyone had completed 2 games. This was ignored and i did not see one other captain post to back my concerns up

wrong:

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18442/fbl-discussion/94#1393941

i have always been against 2 killers but i have always respected what the runners think and accepted their choice.

i got made a runner after this was implemented, i didn't expect it to be changed but it has so people just need to accept it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
1 against a team of UT? talk about leading the cattle to the slaughterhouse
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

i even posted requesting they asked all captains for their thoughts to change before anyone had completed 2 games. This was ignored and i did not see one other captain post to back my concerns up

Wrong from me too...

...I heavily campaigned against killer being introduced at all, hated the idea, and the concerns that Craig argued against with me have arisen... so Craig... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:22 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
option 1......scrap it, take away the fuel for the fire.

Killer needs to be seperate (as stated b4 the season)
Maybe a killer cup should have been trialled first.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:25 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I for one never wanted killer brought into this league and the original trials were a farce. Scrap killer completely from the fixtures and go on what we had when i was runner or these defaults/arguments will go on and on.

Yeah games were played and were fun but in all honesty it won't work long term.

Killer will nt be scrapped completely.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:26 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree bob,

I won't make a single bit of fuss, even thought mvp will still be handicapped,
scrap killer all together.It will be scrapped at end of season anyway.

Again it wont be scrapped at the end of the season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:27 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree bob,

I won't make a single bit of fuss, even thought mvp will still be handicapped,
scrap killer all together.It will be scrapped at end of season anyway.

Cheers red

It's the most sensible way forward IMO and if i was leading this would be my choice

Your not leading it and after your last fiasco leadin it you won't be either :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:29 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol Matty

Think you runners need to get together and talk about this first fixture, I really do not think 12 defaults is a good start to the season from one game type alone just my opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:32 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We have stated it will go down to one which is what 90% of people wanted now you are all bringing up new problems? Seriously if people have nothin better to do than try to campaign to get what They want then when it happens moan some more I just don't know what to do anymore I'm at a loss lol.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:33 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
true but we also had the euros this fortnight so times are messed up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:34 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We have stated it will go down to one which is what 90% of people wanted now you are all bringing up new problems? Seriously if people have nothin better to do than try to campaign to get what They want then when it happens moan some more I just don't know what to do anymore I'm at a loss lol.

So does that include this current fixture (fixture one) as i was under the impressed it was from fixture two onwards?

sorry im just so confuuuuuuused
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
When I spoke to jay I hadn't thought about from
Fixture one or fixture two as I've been so busy this weekend looking at the amount of defaults from Fixture set one I would say that we strt it from there so ony take one game into consideration as much as this may hinder certain teams, BUT would like all RUNNERS views on this not just every man and his dog.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:42 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why do people want killer scrapped completely? It is obvious that it's easy to get 1 game played. So the logical choice is to bring it down to 1 game.
Has anyone found the killer games not to be fun?

The entire argument is about whether a couple of frames should stay or go, nothing else.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:52 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You won't get a view from Jay for some time, he is conked out and don't think he getting up any time soon lol

Agree with Seb again, don't think calls for scrapping are necessary, it works, but with 1 game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree I believe it will succeed with one game and if that means teams like MVP have plate both games yet they lose a game due to us reducing it to one then so be it, let's remember it was MVP that campaigned the most for it to be down to one game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The runners need to stick to what has been stated by a runner on the notices thread:

FBL Clan Killer

After the recent discussions about the clan killer within the league and taking everything into account the league runners of the FBL decided to vote on what to do, starting as of now (second fixture set that is due out on Sunday) the killer games will be decreased from two games in each match to one game in each match, this will still be a 3x3 game.

Killer rules have been re-added to the website and have been changed due to the change above.

We can't having runners stating something like a rule change or a cup draw, for example, and then it being debated or changed by another runner. Stick together as a team and stand by each other. If you would like an open debate, then ask for it; if not decide the rule and stick to it.
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.