FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
horse10000
horse10000
04:05 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
sigh, again, if you think the 12 defaults are the better option and the league runners agree with you- go for it.

I will however NOT be pulling my clan out of the league even if a decision goes against what I think, because that would just be silly and embarrassing. It's the road that craig took in the FBL cup final last season and it's just weak.

I support whatever the runners decide to do with this.

We heard you the first time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:06 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
sigh, again, if you think the 12 defaults are the better option and the league runners agree with you- go for it.

I will however NOT be pulling my clan out of the league even if a decision goes against what I think, because that would just be silly and embarrassing. It's the road that craig took in the FBL cup final last season and it's just weak.

Just incase.. third time lucky...

ahh damn, horse beat me too it lol

a fourth time cannot hurt.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:07 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
2) How can they argue losing a default if they aint made any effort to play the games just like the fighting eagles
Every clan- even Shooters, made an effort to play the killer games. That's how the first game got played by everyone right? So determining who made enough effort (how much is enough with no precedent?) and who deserves more points than the other team for 12 different killer games is more effort than anyone should have to make online

therev said:
3) You get free points in FCL, SL and other FBL games when they go to default as your opponent "didn't make an effort" or the captain didn't make a sub when you was asking for one
If it happens on the occasional default, it's ok, but here it will happen to the majority of games! That means that more points will be awarded for free than were actually earned on the table (in the second games)- that's just silly.

2) Shooters v Team Angry (1st killer game) Ang chased blueberry for about 1 hour in pm till he replied so shooters didnt do much at all to get the 1st killer game done, now there clan as fallen apart due to people leaving they aint made an effort with any game in any league

3) How is it silly Seb? if they aint made the effort to play they dont deserve any points at all FACT
horse10000
horse10000
04:07 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We can argue this until we are blue in the face but nothing has been decided yet and needs to be put to Matty who I understand is busy at the moment.

Whilst I completely agree with Seb, I do understand MVP's stance on things, but the cancelling of a couple of fixtures far outweighs a huge struggle in the remaining fixtures.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:09 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

lol

Hes pretty quick for an old guy aint he spoon
horse10000
horse10000
04:09 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Send default information to me for all 12, i will easily work out who has been trying and who has not so that default scores can be done

Might upset half the clans but if they have a lack of effort they shouldn't get points or as many depending on the effort. Same as every other clan game on here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:10 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Might upset half the clans

A.K.A - Snooker Squad

zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:11 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I would scrap the killer games completely, too much hassle and effort goes in to one match it's disruptive to any clan without a full roster.

Just so it's clear we've won our 2 played games 5-1 and the other two games we should get 6-0 defaults because the effort several of our members put in and the blatant refusal to get the killer game arranged by the oppositions captain.

It's punishing another clan who put in about the same effort and got them played because the other team decided to finally respond to them in game.
horse10000
horse10000
04:11 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We can argue this until we are blue in the face but nothing has been decided yet and needs to be put to Matty who I understand is busy at the moment.

Whilst I completely agree with Seb, I do understand MVP's stance on things, but the cancelling of a couple of fixtures far outweighs a huge struggle in the remaining fixtures.

Sorry but league staff brought this on themselves and by cancelling a couple of fixtures it goes against everything that the same league staff wanted and furthermore then penalises the clans who actually jumped through hoops to apply to their requests
horse10000
horse10000
04:14 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I would scrap the killer games completely, too much hassle and effort goes in to one match it's disruptive to any clan without a full roster.

Just so it's clear we've won our 2 played games 5-1 and the other two games we should get 6-0 defaults because the effort several of our members put in and the blatant refusal to get the killer game arranged by the oppositions captain.

It's punishing another clan who put in about the same effort and got them played because the other team decided to finally respond to them in game.

If you have messages and posts to back that up why shouldn't you win them both 6-0. But then it is up to league staff to make sure that the captain / team involved is not allowed to make it happen again.

And if it is the clan i think it is, i found speaking to them and sorting out times and then trying to get players on for those times worked a treat
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:30 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I count at least 11 posts on their thread over the fixture set without a response. One didnt show up twice to an individual game, some are ignoring messages about getting games played. They don't tend to be online the same time as our guys to arrange, their captain doesn't like our clan and will ignore or just insult us when we try to arrange or talk.

He posted elsewhere moaning at us for trying to get killer organised when we had other games to play and tried to blame us despite the games being unplayed because of his players, or we've already subbed out the inactive player.

There's been no posts from them to arrange it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:49 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They are changing the format half way through a season.. there is to be 1 less killer game..
ONE FIXTURE through the season lol.

Tomato Tomato (different ways of pronouncing) sounds much better in my head.
Yes exactly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:52 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

This i have to agree on though...killer has made it more complicated..we now know!
punkpoet
punkpoet
07:30 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah killer is proving to be a pain simply as its difficult to get 6 plyers on at one time. you get 5 on and then 1 goes ect.
will try to get the to killer games done tomorrow but im not confident of it happening
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:57 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I for one never wanted killer brought into this league and the original trials were a farce. Scrap killer completely from the fixtures and go on what we had when i was runner or these defaults/arguments will go on and on.

Yeah games were played and were fun but in all honesty it won't work long term.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:06 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree bob,

I won't make a single bit of fuss, even thought mvp will still be handicapped,
scrap killer all together.It will be scrapped at end of season anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:29 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

If nothing has been decided yet why was it announced on the news and notices thread as being what is happening? Surely the FBL staff can't now go back on themselves again!

With 1 out of 4 fixtures still to play are we still supposed to be making an effort to play or not? The other team can now claim that they didn't play because they thought it wouldn't count in a bid for it not to be 6-0 to us.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:48 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree bob,

I won't make a single bit of fuss, even thought mvp will still be handicapped,
scrap killer all together.It will be scrapped at end of season anyway.

Cheers red

It's the most sensible way forward IMO and if i was leading this would be my choice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:21 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

If nothing has been decided yet why was it announced on the news and notices thread as being what is happening? Surely the FBL staff can't now go back on themselves again!

With 1 out of 4 fixtures still to play are we still supposed to be making an effort to play or not? The other team can now claim that they didn't play because they thought it wouldn't count in a bid for it not to be 6-0 to us.

I meant about this first fixture, runners have already decided 1 killer from fixture two....

we have 3 options tbh

1. scrap it altogether
2. struggle on with 2 for the entire season
3. lose a couple of killer matches and make it 1 across the whole season
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.