2 x Killer - 2 v 2

Rule 4.2
Killer scoring will be as follows...

1st Place - 4 Points
2nd Place - 1 Point
3rd Place - 1 Point
4th Place - 0 Points

Rule 4.3
The clan with the most points scored in a fixture is considered to have won that fixture and scores a Win Bonus of 8 points. If the fixture is a tie, each clan receives 4 points each.
If all games in a fixture with no defaults then each clan will be awarded 8 completion bonus.

Rule 5.1
Only the Captain or Vice Captain of a clan can make substitutions and swaps, the only exception to this is deadline weekend, where anyone in the clan may make a substitution or swap in the event of the Captain and Vice Captain being offline to avoid a game going to default.

Rule 5.2
Substitutions and Swaps can be made at any time during a fixture.

Rule 5.8
A maximum of 3 swaps is permitted per fixture per clan. A swap can be made between formats, for example, a player can swap from 8UK to 9US. However, if the swap is reversed by the opposing team this may go against them if the game goes to default due to this action.

To avoid clans using all 6 swaps for "swap backs" a clan may only swap back once, should either clan be unhappy with the outcome then captains should appeal to the League Runner.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:28 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Section 8 - Defaults
Defaulted games are subject to a maximum of 6 points under the current default guidelines.

Rule 9.1
You are free to name any of your clan members at the start of the season and upon season resume after the mid-season transfer window. You are not allowed to name players already in a clan until the end of the season has passed to avoid conflict between the player and their existing captain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:33 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Some good new rules, be interesting, even more incentive to be 'tactical' i hasten to add?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:35 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I just advise, as a general thing to everyone, don't abuse the 3 swaps I have so generously given you Play fair

All rules are still subject to discussion by the way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:39 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So you could still change them? Season starts this coming weekend? When will the final draft be made, just so we all know what's what?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
All the rules I have posted above are updated on the website, should there be a negative reaction to any rules then we shall all try and negotiate a rule to suit everyone, if there are no complaints then we shall stick with the above.

Members have until pre seasons (29th Sep) to voice their opinions
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:45 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Also need to get peoples opinions on the following..

The league will go back to 1 division as the division 2 winners have folded and not really sure I want to get into that cuffuffle again.

Should everyone play each other twice as a home and away style or would you like it just the once. I personally prefer the playing each other twice option as gives people to "get revenge" on those that beat them. However I am not playing in the league so I shall let you guys decide
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
x1 straight 4 frames? i dont get x1 if you are playing 4 games of straight, shouldn't it say x4 straight lol and 4 games is lengthy in my opinion, 3 was enough and still a lot!
erigert
erigert
15:16 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Should everyone play each other twice as a home and away style or would you like it just the once. I personally prefer the playing each other twice option as gives people to "get revenge" on those that beat them. However I am not playing in the league so I shall let you guys decide

thats a good idea but if we have more than 10 clans entering the league it is going to last more than 3 months, which i think its a long time. All the other rules are ok (even though i would like another scoring in killer)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:21 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I reckon Killer scoring could be adapted too, seems pointless having the same score result for coming 2nd and 3rd. Twice would be more advantageous but the fixtures will need to be reduced to weekly than fortnightly, otherwise will go on forever.

Most Players play their matches in the first week then are bored come the 2nd one. Plus shorter time span may reduce even more defaults or simply obliterate them, making/forcing Captains to act than make another team wait till they deem appropriate.

Edited at 13:00 Mon 23/09/13 (BST)
cke1982
cke1982
15:43 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
should play each other twice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:58 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
x1 straight 4 frames? i dont get x1 if you are playing 4 games of straight, shouldn't it say x4 straight lol and 4 games is lengthy in my opinion, 3 was enough and still a lot!

There was a discussion a couple of pages back between beenjammin and whocares8x8 about this -- I have adapted it to suit both their points (which was initially their idea). I really don't get why you cant understand what I posted, it is 1 game instead of the original 2 games playing 4 frames.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you guys want to discuss other ways to score the killer places then please put forward your ideas.

Perhaps in line with the others worth 8 points, 1st = 5, 2nd = 2, 3rd = 1 ???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:02 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

There was a discussion a couple of pages back between beenjammin and whocares8x8 about this -- I have adapted it to suit both their points (which was initially their idea). I really don't get why you cant understand what I posted, it is 1 game instead of the original 2 games playing 4 frames.
What on god's green earth is a frame??? if a game is a game 2 games...then what is 4 frames?? not racks obviously.. so what could it be..

Please explain..cuz i will only keep asking in all future cases where i don't get it. Is it a UK term??
erigert
erigert
16:07 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
for me the killer scoring should be
1st- 4 points
2nd 2 points
3rd and 4rth- no points
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:11 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Twice would be more advantageous but the fixtures will need to be reduced to weekly than fortnightly, otherwise will go on forever.

Most Players play their matches in the first week then are bored come the 2nd one. Plus shorter time span may reduce even more defaults or simply obliterate them, making/forcing Captains to act than make another team wait till they deem appropriate.

Killer: 1st - 6
2nd - 4
3rd onwards - Zilch

Slightly more points as a team event.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:50 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
__sniper__ ~ Frames are Racks, Frames are an English term but also used by some Americans when playing. Basically instead of two matches in Straight their is now only going to be one match but you need to play four frames/racks.

erigert ~ There is eleven teams that are actually on going right now so playing each other once would be a season of two - three months anyway. I spoke to Jema about the playing twice thing and it turns out if she gets max numbers then the season could last any where between five - seven months which is far to long.

cke1982 ~ Reading the above paragraph may change your mind, especially considering you where complaining not long ago about big teams hammering smaller ones. Playing twice in a season would make that worse i would have thought.

krazyash_07 & erigert ~ The reason the killer score gives a point for third is basically because there has to be be 5 - 1 option in the game as well as a 4 - 2 and a 6 - 0. Any more points going over that would just be ridiculous. It was being looked into rewarding eight points to match the normal game types i think but even eight would be to much i would think.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well what if u play 4 racks, 1 game? could be over in 3 :P idk whatever..i wont be playing straight so i wont bother..not sure why 4..to be played. yet 1 game..1 game is 1 game lol play that it could go 6 racks if the person is on a big run
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:01 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Your just rambling on now, you won't be playing it so why would it bother you.

Straight now being one game with four racks (frames) gives each player a chance at a draw now, which there always should be in the FBL game types. Im not sure if it is two points a rack win though...
Pages: 18788
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.