FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:56 Tue 1 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Only issue i have with it is that if a clan needs 1 frame and 1 game of killer remaining then they do not need to play the killer as the clan is guaranteed 1 point.

Odds of that happening is low though
beenjammin
beenjammin
04:05 Tue 1 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
In a 2 v 2 game of killer, should 1 point really be given for 3rd place when they're effectively gaining a point for finishing above someone in their own clan?

It could happen that way, but it could just as likely be one team with 1st and 3rd, or 1st and 4th.
I love it this way, rewards each position differently, 3rd did do better than 4th did
beenjammin
beenjammin
04:06 Tue 1 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
nevermind, was responding to a different post, then realized I'd misunderstood it.

Edited at 01:10 Tue 01/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:46 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Agh sorry guys I should have given the killer scoring too, was late last night.

Its 1st = 5, 2nd = 2, 3rd = 1
cke1982
cke1982
23:17 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Agh sorry guys I should have given the killer scoring too, was late last night.

Its 1st = 5, 2nd = 2, 3rd = 1

i think it should be 1st = 5, 2nd = 3, 3rd = 1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:21 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
then the weighting of the points favour Killer. I think 5 is too high personally but i can't see another way without rewarding better positions or unevening the placings so 5 is fine.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:14 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer

I think killer should be one 6 man game per match but playing 2 frames back to back for ease of arrangement (being able to sub in others for the 2nd frame if they come online.)
4 man games just don't have the clan feel either.

1st 3 points
2nd 1 point

All scores would be possible and it would be a lot more in line with the amount of work needed in a straight match or the other types.

8-0 (top 2 in both frames)
7-1 (other team gets 2nd in 1 match)
6-2 (other team gets 2nd in both matches)
5-3 (1 x 1st place and 2 x 2nd place)
4-4 (1 x 1st place 1 x 2nd place)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:40 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The season has already kicked off and the format decided your suggestion can be brought up for next seasons discussions
punkpoet
punkpoet
02:25 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Unsure if this has been looked up as I dont read this thread lol.
But 4 racks of straight pool is far too much.
It takes about 70-80 minutes to play, well the 2 i was in did anyways.
Far too long as the other games take no where near that length but are the same amount of points.
I feel this needs to be changed.
Awaits people to disagree lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:54 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree with poet, it's too much playing 4 games of straight
cke1982
cke1982
03:16 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
should be 2 games 3rd if decider is needed if not its a draw
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:49 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The season has already kicked off and the format decided your suggestion can be brought up for next seasons discussions
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:24 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
All well and good saying that but past few posts have come from players who play the game type themselves. I were going to play straight pool a few times but prob very unlikely now.

Question: With it being 4 frames and players are still entitled to leave a match mid game and it not be frowned upon, can I encourage my players in this game type to play 2 frames then re-schedule to play the rest another time? IF so that's what I will do. That way 4 frames still get played and everyone's happy.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:39 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
A player can do as they wish so long as they get the match completed.

If you also look several pages back there were other members who play straight who said that 4 frames were better.

I suggest in future people don't leave it until the season starts before bringing me suggestions.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:49 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok thanx, agree with the last comment, I think a few players misunderstood what the new rule were tbh. Would it make a huge difference to amend it seeing as the seasons only just started? If someone and there are plenty of quality and capable players say gets a huge run of 90 would an opponent for 2 points want to sit there and watch their opponent for another few frames, i personally wouldn't. I'm not saying I would leave the room but attitude and morale would be severely deflated, when i could had used that waiting around time to play another match.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I am not changing it, your example could easily be put to last seasons format, was still 3 games, that could happen in frame 1, no complaints there.

4 frames is the fairest option as was explored and discussed some pages back.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:55 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, yes it could i agree but at least the end were nearer.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:40 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Far too long as the other games take no where near that length but are the same amount of points.

ok, I'll disagree. The ones I just played took less than 40 minutes combined, so I'm not sure what you guys were smoking. Quit tapping or aim better! 4 frames should never take 70-80 minutes- that's almost 20 minutes per frame lol!!

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:15 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

ok, I'll disagree. The ones I just played took less than 40 minutes combined, so I'm not sure what you guys were smoking. Quit tapping or aim better! 4 frames should never take 70-80 minutes- that's almost 20 minutes per frame lol!!

Posted Image

20 minutes per frame is what they allow for in tournaments, you aren't a typical example of a straight player, you're in the top 1%
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:29 Sat 5 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
But most people who are put into straight do play almost as good as Seb, the majority of clans have a straight player that can get it done in way less than 70-80 minutes
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.