Pages: 12829
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:55 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wouldn't have it any other way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why must there be so many winners. Is there going to be a reward for most run outs, most 7 balling or most folk you can get to watch a game? One team wins it, done. No golden cue is my vote, if you want rewarded then simply win the most games.
In any other sport it's not the margin you win by its pretty much almost getting over the line. A football team could win every game but one 20-0 and another team wins every game 1-0, remind me what title they get for coming second?!

At least you're on target for the player who moans the most award

My opinion was asked for and I gave it you (lovely word mich cheers) douche!
And you for the most sarcastic douchebag award.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I messed up on my phone. Har flippin har. Douche's.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Now who's the douuuuuucheeeeee
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Still you.
beenjammin
beenjammin
15:12 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The golden cue will always be done on frames won % just like the FCL.

Just a question about golden cue...

Would it be a team golden cue, or a singular golden cue? Jimmy has a habbit of leaving me needing a 5-1 win or something after a poor showing himself.

Never saw it said team golden cue... what a douche I am.

Also would this be added if we kept the league the way it is?

I would only be in favour if the league did change because then otherwise it would be pointless, just my opinion.

Edited at 09:34 Wed 23/01/13 (GMT)

If you read what Jay wrote, you'll see, he's considering keeping the frames won system for the golden cue.
Not a win percentage system like the FCL.
There's a difference, considering the tiebreakers.
beenjammin
beenjammin
15:14 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Jay said:
If the league is voted to be changed to Premier League style scoring then there is also the option of keeping the frame scoring system as a table to and making it as some sort of Team Golden Cue, winners of that would be classed on total amount of frames as it is being done just now. This also gives teams another chance to win a title so to speak in this event and makes for a more competitive event.

This is only an option if the Premier League style scoring is brought into affect straight away though. If you would like to see this done then please put your name on the list below, can i ask that you do not quote eachother over and over as people end up missing people off it and it looks like a mess to be fair.

In Favour Of Team Golden Cue

bluenose1872
foxy147
dvz
xxx
skunkyfool
irish_ninja
serious_game
beenjammin
punkpoet

Not In Favour Of Team Golden Cue

sarny_lad
9ballsniper_
beenjammin
beenjammin
15:16 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
In Favor Of Changing Table Scoring

9ballsniper_
foxy147
mich
irish_ninja
serious_game
punkpoet
onevisit
dvz
xxx
skunkyfool

Not In Favor Of Changing Table Scoring

beenjammin
erigert

Please quote and add your name if you are in favor or not in favor of the table scoring being changed.
beenjammin
beenjammin
15:18 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are we really the only ones who see it?, that points for matches instead of frames greatly increases the luck factor!

We all agree that the longer the match, the less luck can affect the outcome, right? So Im gonna make an example with more frames.

Imagine 10 frame matches, (players or teams makes no difference to my point)

Player A wins all 10 matches, 6-4
points for matches gives him 30 points
points for frames gives him 60

Player B wins 9 matches, 10- 0, and loses the one 4-6
points for matches gives him 27 points
points for frames gives him 94

How could anyone honestly think Player A deserves it, just because his measly 60 frames were lucky enough to fit neatly into 10 match wins.

Yes it works either way, but who do you want to get the title, the luckiest, or the best?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:37 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The voting to change the scoring on the table has hit the needed 10 votes and will be changed at some point today.

The team golden cue will be done IF enough votes have been put in favor of it, i can do it as frames won or percentage it makes no odds to me in the slightest.

It is an event and having a winner for the actual league and possibly a golden cue type of thing of two different things. Like i said it gives other a chance to try and take something out of playing and raises the competitiveness a little bit.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Like the real Premier League. The team that wins the league has more points from winning games not scoring goals. However, the player who scores the most goals get's the golden boot. Now this looks more interesting, and now you have my approval so well done all
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:42 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
That is a better way to look at it also.

I would do individual golden cue for all but if any has the experience of doing golden cue type of thing you would know that individually it takes a hell of a long time to do, that is why i have named it "Team" golden cue.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:50 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah that's fine, and as for Mich's snidy comment, I'm sure my results have been better than his, can you find out? lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:52 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The golden cue will always be done on frames won % just like the FCL.

Just a question about golden cue...

Would it be a team golden cue, or a singular golden cue? Jimmy has a habbit of leaving me needing a 5-1 win or something after a poor showing himself.

Never saw it said team golden cue... what a douche I am.

Also would this be added if we kept the league the way it is?

I would only be in favour if the league did change because then otherwise it would be pointless, just my opinion.

Edited at 09:34 Wed 23/01/13 (GMT)

Ahaaaaa 24-22 me so jog on Michael!!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:57 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Please Note: The league is being changed due to votes on it so only this voting post is active now.

If the league is voted to be changed to Premier League style scoring then there is also the option of keeping the frame scoring system as a table to and making it as some sort of Team Golden Cue, winners of that would be classed on total amount of frames as it is being done just now. This also gives teams another chance to win a title so to speak in this event and makes for a more competitive event.

This is only an option if the Premier League style scoring is brought into affect straight away though. If you would like to see this done then please put your name on the list below, can i ask that you do not quote eachother over and over as people end up missing people off it and it looks like a mess to be fair.

bluenose1872
foxy147
dvz
xxx
skunkyfool
irish_ninja
serious_game
beenjammin
punkpoet

9ballsniper_
beenjammin
beenjammin
16:36 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
So now we have 3 teams tied for 1st?,
with frame differences of +32, +19, and +18?

and a team tied with 2 others for 4th, even though their frame difference is +24!?

and the frame differences of those 2 they're tied with aren't even in the + !
lmao

Can't believe the majority actually wants it this way!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:39 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Winners will be decided on frame difference if there is a tie at the end of the last fixture set just like the Premier League Football.
erigert
erigert
16:44 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

bluenose1872
foxy147
dvz
xxx
skunkyfool
irish_ninja
serious_game
beenjammin
punkpoet
erigert

9ballsniper_
beenjammin
beenjammin
16:45 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I realize that, my point is, that team tied in 4th deserves to be in 2nd
Matches won or not, they've played better pool.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:48 Wed 23 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
New League Table

League table has now been added to the website.

The other table has also been done for the Team Golden "Boot" Cue but that is currently hidden on the website (means only i can see it) and will only be published if that table is wanted by voters.

http://funkypoolleagues.weebly.com/premier-league-table.html
Pages: 12829
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Doubles Premier League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.