The Clan League - News and Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
01:57 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It was slow, must be getting old lol
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:59 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Must be? I think we established a long time ago that you are old Alan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:30 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
But as you said "our own preferred" it just look's like no ones opinions matter to you.

Might want to look at that statement again???!!! What does it say the fact that we did not go with our 'own preferred option'???!!!

Leaving aside the fact that in my post I did actually explain what it meant!!

Doing well on the team lists front.

Just waiting on four more teams now
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:17 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
could halve points for gb's then people may go for runouts.

Me personally i always go for gb in super league, if i pot black it was a planned break, if i pot great i might go for runout, if i dont pot then i tried to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

saying that the pack breaks different everytime so need a bit of luck for position of runouts too. As i said before though luck is good and keeps competition close which is a good thing.

can't get rid of luck unless you stick to 8us, 8uk and if you fluke you lose frame as it was not planned but no one wants that so just got to deal with the run of the ball.

just my view anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:42 Thu 17 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
When does this start again sorry?
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
23:54 Thu 17 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
When does this start again sorry?

First fixtures are out on Sunday
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:06 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Clan League - Fixture Set 1

All games have now been released as per...

http://theclanleague.weebly.com/fixture-set-1.html

All matches are 12 racks - 4 of each game type (8US, 9US and 8UK).

One point per rack won plus one additional point for any Golden Break or Run Out achieved.

Two Bonus points for a game type win and one Bonus point for a game type draw in each match.

Finally one further bonus point for each player who completes their match.

Dont worry too much about ensuring the scores are 100% correct as they will all be checked anyway but please make sure results are posted on the Results thread.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:37 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't you think that the point system you have introduced is slightly overwhelming for the initial launch of this league?

- Points per frame
- Points for winning a game type
- Points for 'events'
- & points for completing the game

Do you guys not think that is a little excessive?

But hey, that is just my opinion.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
14:50 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't you think that the point system you have introduced is slightly overwhelming for the initial launch of this league?

- Points per frame
- Points for winning a game type
- Points for 'events'
- & points for completing the game

Do you guys not think that is a little excessive?

But hey, that is just my opinion.

i agree i not the smartest person going but this is just confusing to say the least
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
If all else fails then just....

Players will only ever need to post the frame scores. All other checks on bonus points to be awarded will be made by the League staff.

The overall scores will be pretty much up to date on either the website or the Latest Scores thread if you want to know how the overall match is going.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:05 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think people prefer to be able to check their scores and know how the scores on the website or latest scores thread came about, there are too many elements to consider... however, I would be more concerned that the best score a player can reach is 25-1... the gap is insane! What could be an 8-4 could turn into a 15-1, like I said excessive and I think it penalises lesser talented clans.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:04 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think thats being a little bit disrespectful to many players if you truly believe that first bit above about it being 'too much to consider'.

I cant see how 8-4 becomes 15-1 - we never take points away from anyone!!

If someone wins 25-1 then one thing is absolutely for certain, they deserved it.

Not only did they win all 12 racks played, consequently winning each of the three game types, but they also managed a Golden Break or a Run Out in each of the 6 racks in which they broke off. Not forgetting that they also even managed to get a game played in a two week window!

If I lost 25-1 I certainly wouldnt begrudge my opponent scoring 25 points in those circumstances.

What this scoring sysem does, to an extent, is allow players to treat each game type as a fresh start. Lose an FCL game type 5-0 and even 3-2 and 4-1 wins in the other two types means you still lose overall.

Here even if you lose 4-0 in your first game type then two wins in the remaining game types guarantee an overall win.

That has to be better for maintaining interest for longer for both players throughout a game?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:17 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not hard to play a game in a two week window so why mention that with the sarcastic wink is beyond me to be honest.

I do not see Jema's post as disrespectful at all, for example Underdogs named them self that as they consider there self the Underdogs despite proving they have what it takes season in and out. I myself would rather lose 15 - 0 than 25 - 1 to be fair.

Can't complain about golden breaks though as you can play for them like i agreed with Keith a week or so ago but in 90% of people's eyes you are just rewarding luck.

It is hard to see how this will all pan out in the future though so only time will tell but a few people have expressed their concerns about it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Chris I am posting as an impartial spectator, but it is not just my opinion I have posted, it is several members.

I would appreciate it if you didn't speak to me in such a condescending manner to be quite frank. The problem I have experienced so far from this league is people putting forward suggestions and opinions and it being disregarded instantly.

Like I said, I am simply voicing concerns which happen to mirror some of those in your league.

If you are going to reward beyond 100% of the actual frames played in bonuses then you are asking for massive gaps in points between the likes of Snooker Squad and TRO or Underdogs.

As someone has said to me, the league will be decided within 1, maybe 2 fixtures and there will be a huge divide and I believe them to be correct.

But whatever, your way or the highway right? Glad I am not playing in this league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:29 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
In Super League the percentage of frames won with bonus points was about 3%. To get a 100% strike rate in 6 racks in one match would certainly be deserving something? Thats the only way to get 25 points.

I agree, it isnt too difficult to get a game played in two weeks - however still there are defaults.

The main bit of my post was the bottom three paragraphs. That is what the important element is compared to anything comparable in any other similar league at present. Being able to maintain a player's interest for longer in a game. The level of the scores are largely irrelevant. It could have been 0.5 points per element instead of one point. Does that mean its better to lose 12.5 points to 0.5 points that 15-0? Of course it doesnt.

There have been concerns about every single league played. They never go away. Its learning where things can be improved and then making those improvement that matter.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
There is a massive difference between this league and the FBL/FCL leagues.

The FBL/FCL reward players on their skill by giving points for a frame win, then the clan as a whole get a bonus for winning which is what people like and I have been told this.

This TCL can give 50% in frames and 50% in bonuses... fair? REALLY?! Jay's game last night in frames would have been 7-5 which is a reflection on the game as I watched it, but the score ended up being 13-8 after bonuses... I honestly don't see the point in that... you haven't rewarded them for their skill but bumped up the result for nothing?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:41 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
By the way im not complaining about my game, we both played well and Silent even ran out. In my honest opinion i think the getting two bonus for each discipline one is the problem for me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
What this scoring sysem does, to an extent, is allow players to treat each game type as a fresh start. Lose an FCL game type 5-0 and even 3-2 and 4-1 wins in the other two types means you still lose overall.

Here even if you lose 4-0 in your first game type then two wins in the remaining game types guarantee an overall win.

That answers the above. The better player in two of the three disciplines scores more. That rewards the greater 'skill' across all the types - in my opinion. I will say it again 7-5 or 13-8 in an individual game is meaningless. Its the overall score that matters.

As I have said previously, in the FCL currently one player can win 15-0 and all their team mates lose their games and yet that one person's 15-0 can earn the 10 point win bonus. Is that rewarding skill? Doubly so if the 15-0 was a default?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:43 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes there is still defaults but that is something only a player can control and on occasions captains can also control. Defaults will always be there it is just a matter of trying to decrease them rather than increase.

The FCL has been decreasing defaults since i took over and i posted the figures somewhere that showed that. I think the one league helped record the lowest ever. It is hard to say that they will decrease or increase every season though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thats good - but not relevant to the discussion here regarding the one point awarded to each player for playing.
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Clan League - News and Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.