The Clan League - News and Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
jooodles
jooodles
04:04 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
One of you must be admin right?
Can you get the link to the website put on the clan league page (where the links to the other two leagues already are)?

None of us are admin, clooney has been messaged though so hopefully it should soon be there
jooodles
jooodles
04:07 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Clan League

10 of the 12 provisional entrants have so far submitted team rosters as per...

http://theclanleague.weebly.com/team-lists.html

Please can the remaining two send me rosters as soon as possible if they still wish to take part.

Any subsequent team changes can be posted here...

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18830/the-clan-league-team-changes

Assuming all 12 clans do still wish to take part then provisionally these are the opening fixtures that will begin from next Sunday...

Uprising v Pocket Dynamos
Chips n Gravy v The Vipers
Snooker Squad v Fighting Eagles
The Unbeatables v The Professionals
The Underdogs v The Sinners
Elite Force v The Reliable Ones
Uprising v Chips n Gravy
Pocket Dynamos v The Reliable Ones
Snooker Squad v The Vipers
The Unbeatables v Fighting Eagles
The Underdogs v The Professionals
Elite Force v The Sinners

Edited at 02:12 Sun 13/01/13 (GMT)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
09:26 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have to disagree Chris, I have already done all the preparations for my pre-season games, took me all of 10 minutes. I just need to release.

What you get out of it is actually quite significant, like I said before new members get a feel for the leagues and captains can try out their new players.

Also as a league runner, I can weed out the clans I feel aren't going to make it before the season gets underway and I have to rejig my schedules.

I need to check the reliability of TRC, Elite Forces and Chips N' Gravy before I continue with my season.

Apart from TRC you only have to look at the other 2's clan threads to see they have already played friendlies and shown reliability.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:01 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shouldnt reward gbs there is no skill involved

agree they shouldnt be offered, run outs yes gbs no

Although Seven balling isn't an event I do feel that should also be offered instead of gbs.

even better

yh bonus points for 7 ballings, that would open up the games a lot and people would always be trying to clear up, you could get unpredictable results or 1 amazing result of like 24-0 with that in place, sounds exciting

Definitely Pete I love the format they have come up with but 7 ballers for me are worth a lot more than gbs

7 ballings are definitely more worthy of reward than gbs. Most of the time they come from clear ups off your opponents break. GBs are pure fluke, shouldn't have any place in clan leagues that are the the biggest challenge on the site...bad enough losing a frame to one.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:21 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol you can't prove whether you're right or not about preseason friendlies.
Those leagues that prefer them can run them. The others don't have to. Simple as that!
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
15:31 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Although Seven balling isn't an event I do feel that should also be offered instead of gbs.

even better

yh bonus points for 7 ballings, that would open up the games a lot and people would always be trying to clear up, you could get unpredictable results or 1 amazing result of like 24-0 with that in place, sounds exciting

Definitely Pete I love the format they have come up with but 7 ballers for me are worth a lot more than gbs

7 ballings are definitely more worthy of reward than gbs. Most of the time they come from clear ups off your opponents break. GBs are pure fluke, shouldn't have any place in clan leagues that are the the biggest challenge on the site...bad enough losing a frame to one.

If you had quoted all the debate and not just the few people against you would've got the answer or reply to your post.
w_hoolahan
w_hoolahan
15:58 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it should just be run outs.. golden breaks out of it and 7 ballings not come into it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:25 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
This doesn't matter much anyway. As chris will tell you, the amount of Golden Breaks hit in clan games is minimal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Super League III

30 bonus boints awarded in 44 matches so far (which is 220 individual games & approx 1320 racks).

I am fairly sure sure the highest percentage of those bonus points was for Run Outs too.
beenjammin
beenjammin
17:59 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

even better

I think most of us agree there is normally a lot more luck in a GB than in a runout. What it comes down to is.....

Do you want to keep the luck factor low and let the best man win?
or do you want to raise the luck factor and give everyone a chance?

It seems the runners prefer the latter, didn't even want a vote.
Oh well, their league , doesn't have to be our favorite.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:11 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
beenjammin

I'm wondering why would we want to go with the first choice, surely giving everyone a chance is better than let the best man win ?, its not about letting anyone win, rules are the same for everyone.

And that last line just made me lol, the things people will say if they don't get what they want.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:23 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would go with the first choice because I think that's the whole point of a competition, to let the best player win.
If the luck factor gets too high, anyone could win it, and therefore it would be nothing to be proud of.

About the last line, no offence meant, but I guess the truth is funny sometimes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:33 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
doesn't have to be our favorite.

Lets be pretty clear here. Our own preferred option was to go with a format of five games of each game type with changes to existing rules and scoring from the FCL (not including any 'event' bonuses at all) to improve it significantly and make it accessible to all Funkypool members.

However, In the interests of fairness to parties concerned - and to the clans who would be taking part - we have compromised to come up with an alternate format at this time.

Who knows whether the majority will like it or enjoy this. But if people want the other, preferred, option then its available in future.
beenjammin
beenjammin
19:43 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I like it, just the one little thing that bothers me, and I've been thinking, the luck factor's pretty low the way you have it.
Although the GB's raise it, every other bonus point you have (runouts, points for game types) lowers the luck factor.
I like it a lot , apologies if I offended, I do appreciate what you guys do.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
20:11 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
cheers mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:31 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Clan League - Season 1

All twelve clans have now submitted rosters so I have assumed all are committed to taking part!!

Therefore these are the confirmed matches for Fixture Set 1 which will be released next Sunday.

Uprising v Pocket Dynamos
Chips n Gravy v The Vipers
Snooker Squad v Fighting Eagles
The Unbeatables v The Professionals
The Underdogs v The Sinners
Elite Force v The Reliable Ones

Uprising v Chips n Gravy
Pocket Dynamos v The Reliable Ones
Snooker Squad v The Vipers
The Unbeatables v Fighting Eagles
The Underdogs v The Professionals
Elite Force v The Sinners

Please can you let me have teams of eight for each match as early as possible.

Thanks
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:26 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think the point your missing is that people and a fair amount of them at that don't like the GB thing and would rather see that removed. But as you said "our own preferred" it just look's like no ones opinions matter to you.

I agreed with an early post that Keith put though as i actually agree with the golden break thing, then again that is just my opinion.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
01:01 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think the point your missing is that people and a fair amount of them at that don't like the GB thing and would rather see that removed. But as you said "our own preferred" it just look's like no ones opinions matter to you.

I agreed with an early post that Keith put though as i actually agree with the golden break thing, then again that is just my opinion.

Fair amount ?, over 150 TCL league members and less than 10 have posted.

Edited at 23:10 Sun 13/01/13 (GMT)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:10 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I actually tend to listen though at some stage .

That is why i have set up some votes in past seasons and bumped them around to get more votes to make accurate decisions.

At least someone actually replied to one of my post where i said something on here, the other ones have been totally blanked when something is not liked.

Your editing was a little slow to.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:13 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It was an opinion anyway but i agree with the GB's being in the league as the post that Keith did made complete sense and backed up what i basically said.
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Clan League - News and Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.